Talk me into BLT

Here's a photo from June 2013 of my niece's family on their balcony at BLT. My great niece in the photo is 7 years old and her brother is 10 years old with a 3 year old brother in dad's arms. My great niece is average in height. I don't think your children will have any problems seeing over the railing. The kids saw us across the way as our room was in the other side of BLT. And they were looking at the pool without problems too. Also you can tell them they can only go out with an adult.

IMG_0028_zps280e3576.jpg

BLT is my favorite DVC resort. One thing BLT will have that VGF and the Poly won't have is the ability to walk to MK. And it is only a 10 minute walk. We took 18 family members in June and the 10 kids were all under the age of 10. My family loved it. They moved to Barton Creek afterwards and they all said they preferred BLT.

I would rent points and try it out.

We own at 3 DVC locations and BLT has become our location of choice. As others have mentioned, the walk to MK since we have a lil' Princess is wonderful (especially on MNSSHP and MVMCP nights!)!

Something I didn't see mentioned is the fact that the 1BR units have an extra full bathroom than in resorts built prior to BLT. Even though we're a family of 3, the extra bathroom greatly improves our time getting everyone ready in the mornings. Also, the larger living rooms (since the balcony doesn't stretch across the living room) makes the 1BR feel roomier to us than other DVC resorts.

Speaking of the BLT balconies, that makes me remember something that I found really strange when we stayed there. It really surprises me that they are up to code. Seemed really strange having that cement go a ways up and then railing the rest of the way. Giving what seems like a perfect ledge for little ones to climb up on and lean over. :eek:

Maybe I'm just paranoid... I am afraid of heights...lol. But it just always struck me as odd. :confused3

Speaking of the BLT balconies, that makes me remember something that I found really strange when we stayed there. It really surprises me that they are up to code. Seemed really strange having that cement go a ways up and then railing the rest of the way. Giving what seems like a perfect ledge for little ones to climb up on and lean over. :eek:

Maybe I'm just paranoid... I am afraid of heights...lol. But it just always struck me as odd. :confused3

We stayed at BLT with our very-hyper seven-year-old nephew. We weren't in there for six seconds before he was standing on that ledge. About gave us a heart attack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter