Talkin DH into going home next christmas any hints?

tripletvan

DIS Veteran
DH has put up with going to HH , BW & again HH for Thanksgiving but I was thinking...,
Our kids will be 15 next year and what do you get them? They really enjoy going on vacation ( don't we all) and my DM & Ds always come so it is a family get away.
How am I going to talk him into this one? Any angles anyone has thought of?

I was in the same situation--I had to buy all the gifts for kids who were in their early 20's, and I could never get anything that kids were excited about. The best I ever got was,"oh, that's nice":rolleyes: DH just thought that if I:mad: tried harder, I would finally "get it right". Finally, I tossed it into his lap, and he hadn't ever purchased one gift by Thanksgiving! He was hopeless--so I took over again, with a free reign on gifts. That's all I needed; I made ressies, and we paid for their meals and tickets to Florida. Kids were thrilled, for once, and I have done that every year since then, always asking the kids if that's OK before I did it. Why wouldn't they say yes?! We pay for everything except spending money! DH grumbles every year, until I offer to let him take over gift-buying again.

Once DH tries it at Christmas, he will be hooked. It's just so magical at Christmas time. The Osbourne Lights are outstanding, the Christmas Musical Arch and the fountain at Epcot are magical, and the Candlelight Processional is just wonderful. Add the decorations at the resorts and parks, and it's not to be missed. Just don't expect to do the park rides, or else you will feel stressed out during this very busy time of year. But there are so many other things to do--we played minigolf on Christmas Day last year. since we are from Michigan, this was a highlight for us when there was a snowstorm back home.:teeth:

Point out that you will save on Christmas gifts. Of course the trip will make up for it but it's not like it would cost extra.

We went last Christmas and spent a lot less on gifts than when we are home. All four our our kids had a great Christmas but it was certainly different than any we had before.

Think of the differences. We have gone swimming on New Year's Day two years in a row now. You just don't get to do that where we both come from (the cold of upstate New York).

HBC

We will be home at HH for Thanksgiving so that may be the best to soften him a little! He He!
Then I will have to throw in that I never ask for much and I would love to go to PI for New Year's ( Can we stay up that late?). I am just greasing the wheels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter