tampa airport & motels?

donnsuz

Mouseketeer
Since we're going on a cruise out of Tampa on the second week of our two week vacation we're going to fly into and out of Tampa. Does anyone have any info on Tampa's airport and suggestions for a one night hotel near the airport? We'll be picking up a RAC and driving to Orlando the next morning.

I'm a starwood preferred member so on the night of a cruise I went on in January I stayed at Sherton Suites airport...very convient and beautiful but I can't comment on the cost as I used points....

Here is an additional link. Tampa hotels

I hope it helps. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Westshore last April. As I recall, it was a very short trip from the airport. It is a beautiful hotel. :sunny:

Priceline works with a lot of airport hotels in Tampa. Any 3* should be decent. Check out www.biddingfortravel.com for advice & recent winning bids.

We stayed one night at the Hilton (not priceline) & it was nice.

The Chase Suites is easily my favorite. I've also stayed at the Marriott (which is located inside the airport (i wasn't really overly impressed with it, although their breakfast buffet was good). And I've stayed at the Wyndham Westshore which was nice, but again, nothing extra-ordinary.
The Chase suites was my favorite. It is similar to the Residence Inn chain, which individual suites. They have free shuttle, newspaper, popcorn, evening social on weekdays and THE BEST CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST that i have ever had. Lots of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, waffles, toast, etc. There is also a basketball court (they lend out a ball) and a nice pool. several restaurants are nearby.

DO NOT stay at any of the motels on Dale Mabry Highway. Had a co-worker who stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. He was awakened by gunfire and someone trying to break into his room.

I've stayed at the Wyndham Westshore. It is nice and very convenient to the airport. The Hyatt Regency (recently changed its name to Grand Hyatt, I think) is very nice as well. Their "Oystercatchers" restaurant is absolutely great. There is also an almost new Hampton Inn just north of the airport (take Veterans Hwy north a couple exits to West Waters Ave). I've stayed there several times on business and it is fine for an overnight when you are not concerned about amenities like room service and restaurants.

Have you considered going directly to WDW on your arrival date? The drive to WDW should take less than 1.5 hours. If you aren't too tired and you don't arrive too late, it may be more convenient to pick up your car on arrival and drive to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter