Tampa international airport

katytrott

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has flown in to tampa international at all? Hunting for flights this year, we discovered that it was much cheaper to fly into there rather than Orlando MCO. Only thing is, we know MCO really well and therefore can get through it quite quickly, but obviously don't know Tampa.

I would love to know anyone's experience good or bad and if anyone has any tips. Be great to get tips on car rental there as well as that is the part that always takes the time!

Thanks

I haven't flown into to Tampa international airport but I did drop off a car and hire one when I got back off a week's cruise, what I remember as it was a few years ago, it was much the same as Orlando airport lots of desk quick easy and a car park full of cars.

Although not sure, because it's a smaller airport, how immigration and navigating through the airport will be :)

i've flown into tampa, but not for disney....for conferences i had to attend in tampa itself...
the airport is very easy to navigate..
i remember feeling like it was very much like orlando airport, but maybe i'm not remembering correctly..

however, i've never flown there for disney as i consider the drive to orlando too long after traveling for so many hours...

Flown in Tampa numerous times, depending on where you are staying it adds about another 40 mins onto your journey.
A few times we have flown into MCO and out of TPA (or vise versa)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter