TDR Package and Split Stay

jgl130

Mouseketeer
My family and I are going to TDR thanksgiving week. We will do three nights and two days of tickets. Thoughts on getting a one night package which comes with two days of tickets and fast passes. Then tacking on a single night before and single night after? We’d do the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. I don’t really know if/how a split stay might work. Do you think they would let us keep our same room even though it would technically be three reservations?

I know I’m kind of making this complicated, but the two night package comes with three days of tickets and we don’t have time for that much Park time.

ETA our park days would be Tuesday and Wednesday.

You can do it, but you can't activate the tickets before the day your package starts. If you're saying you actually want to arrive on Monday but not go to the parks on Monday, use your package tickets on Tuesday & Wednesday with Tuesday night as the package night, then add Wednesday night, that works. They will let you keep the same room as long as you're able to book the same category for all three nights.

If you do want to do a split stay, they make it pretty easy. They will handle your luggage for you and send it to the next hotel so you don't have to worry about it.

You can do it, but you can't activate the tickets before the day your package starts. If you're saying you actually want to arrive on Monday but not go to the parks on Monday, use your package tickets on Tuesday & Wednesday with Tuesday night as the package night, then add Wednesday night, that works. They will let you keep the same room as long as you're able to book the same category for all three nights.

If you do want to do a split stay, they make it pretty easy. They will handle your luggage for you and send it to the next hotel so you don't have to worry about it.
I am thinking of a split stay too. On Day 1 (arriving at 5 pm) stay at Celebration Hotel and get Early 15 pass for Day 2. Stay at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel from Day 2 to 4 with a 2-night package and 3-day pass. Add a day to the 3-day pass for 4 full day of park time. For Day 5, stay at Ambassador Hotel for Chef Mickey breakfast on Day 6 (departure day to Shibuya).

My questions are:
1. Do I pay the difference between the 3-day pass and the 4-day pass when adding a day to my ticket pass? Or do I pay a full price one day ticket?

2. Japanese hotels usually don’t allow early check-in. Am I able to get access to my package tickets before the hotel check-in time? I am trying to get over to Tokyo Disneyland Hotel to get my tickets before park opens at 8 am. Is this possible? I don’t mind paying the outstanding balance without an assigned room yet. My luggage would be transferred from Celebration Hotel to TDL Hotel.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance!

I am thinking of a split stay too. On Day 1 (arriving at 5 pm) stay at Celebration Hotel and get Early 15 pass for Day 2. Stay at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel from Day 2 to 4 with a 2-night package and 3-day pass. Add a day to the 3-day pass for 4 full day of park time. For Day 5, stay at Ambassador Hotel for Chef Mickey breakfast on Day 6 (departure day to Shibuya).

My questions are:
1. Do I pay the difference between the 3-day pass and the 4-day pass when adding a day to my ticket pass? Or do I pay a full price one day ticket?

2. Japanese hotels usually don’t allow early check-in. Am I able to get access to my package tickets before the hotel check-in time? I am trying to get over to Tokyo Disneyland Hotel to get my tickets before park opens at 8 am. Is this possible? I don’t mind paying the outstanding balance without an assigned room yet. My luggage would be transferred from Celebration Hotel to TDL Hotel.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance!

Just got back from TDR and we ended up doing three nights at the Sheraton which ended up being three separate reservations. Monday night through Sheraton, Tuesday night through the vacation package and Wednesday night through the Sheraton again. We were able to keep our room all three nights.

Not sure about your first question, but for the second, we were able to pick up our vacation package Monday night at the Ticket and Reservation Center at Ikspiari, so we didn't have to deal with it Tuesday morning. Because we weren't staying on Disney property, I don't know if it will be the same for you as to where you'd pick up your package tickets. But it was nice to have them the night before, and separate out all the fast passes, vouchers, etc.

Just got back from TDR and we ended up doing three nights at the Sheraton which ended up being three separate reservations. Monday night through Sheraton, Tuesday night through the vacation package and Wednesday night through the Sheraton again. We were able to keep our room all three nights.

Not sure about your first question, but for the second, we were able to pick up our vacation package Monday night at the Ticket and Reservation Center at Ikspiari, so we didn't have to deal with it Tuesday morning. Because we weren't staying on Disney property, I don't know if it will be the same for you as to where you'd pick up your package tickets. But it was nice to have them the night before, and separate out all the fast passes, vouchers, etc.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

:thanks:

Can you add a day to your tickets online or does this need to be done after check in?

Not sure as we only had the two days of tickets that came with our package. Also, as I’m sure you’ve found the TDR website, since they’re not owned by Disney, is a bit challenging to navigate/get answers to questions.

Sorry to not be able to help more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!