Which would you choose?

• Split stay - 2 nights at MiraCosta, 3 nights at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 5 nights at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

esc38372

Mouseketeer
This will be my family's second visit to TDR. The first time, we stayed six nights at the Sheraton Tokyo Bay. Great stay with club-level privileges. We enjoyed breakfast in the lounge so much that we never made it to TDR before opening! We fell in love with TDR and are excited to go back!

This time we planned a longer trip and will wrap up our time in Japan with five nights at TDR. I love the idea of staying at the MiraCosta and being so close to TDS, but of course it's expensive. I've read that some people prefer Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, which is much cheaper.

Trying to decide between the following:
*Split stay - two nights at the MiraCosta Harbor view, three nights at TDH
*Five nights at TDH

If we do a split stay, I think we would watch F! from the MiraCosta the first evening and get the special passports so that we could go to TDS the following two days.

We will be going during the week at a relatively low-crowd time during Tanabata Days. We will miss the 35th anniversary celebration, and I think F! might be the only harbor show. So I'm not sure that the MiraCosta Harbor view rooms are worth the cost. And of course moving hotels is annoying. By the time we hit TDR, we will have stayed in four different hotels, so I can imagine my family would appreciate just staying put at TDH. But...this might be our one opportunity to stay at the MiraCosta. I can't envision ever paying for more than 2 nights (the cost already gives me heartburn), so if we are blessed with any future trips to TDR, we would still need to do a split stay to try out the hotel.

Which would you choose and why?

Last edited:
To be completely honest, we would only ever stay at the MiraCosta (or even the Disneyland Hotel) if we planned on spending a LOT of time in the room / at the hotel (as opposed to being in either of the two parks). When we travel to Disneyland we're really only in our hotel room to sleep.

As you're there for five nights, I'm guessing that you're planning on spending more time in the hotel, so a split-stay could work well. If the cost is an issue (i.e. causing your heartburn), what about two nights at MiraCosta and on those days, you spend plenty of time relaxing in the room and hotel and three nights at Sheraton or Hilton (which I presume are significantly cheaper than the Disneyland Hotel)?

We did two nights at the Disneyland Hotel and two nights at the Miracosta in a Harbour View room. If the cost isn't prohibitive for you, go for it! The view of Fantasmic from our room was amazing! The move was very easy. We just packed our bags and called bell services. They moved them for us while we were off playing in the park.

Thanks, all!

@Agent 86 -- The MiraCosta is a splurge for us, but doable. I do have backup reservations at the Hilton if we decide not to splurge. However, since we stayed at the Sheraton last time, I'd really like to try an on-site hotel. So the choice is more about split stay or not, rather than on-site or not. Just wondering if a split stay is too much hassle as @Douglas Dubh suggests.

@DizDragonfly -- Thank you for the encouragement and letting me know that moving between the two hotels is easy. :)

@Haley R -- Sent you a PM :)

We preferred the DLH over the Miracosta, but I'm still really glad we did it. If you can get a Harbor View room and its no trouble paying for it I would just so you aren't always wondering what you missed out on!

DH and I really don't like changing hotels... especially within the same place... it seem like such a waste of time for us... packing up and being displaced if your rooms not ready when you move to the other resort... storing luggage and all that.. for us we just can't see it...

So our trip will be Starting at home> fly> Hotel in Tokyo touring 5 or 6 nights > Resort hotel in Disneyland 3 nights> fly> arrive back home...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!