TDR ticket price increase April 1

I have a question about ticket purchasing. Is it better to buy online or wait until I get there (it is weird to me to not have tickets in hand yet)? I am staying at the Hilton Tokyo Bay which I believe gives me guaranteed entry if I buy there. At least one website I read recommended just getting them there. Of course, the price increase could make a difference here too. Thanks.

I see from your ticker that you'll be there after April 1? I would buy it online then since if you wait until you get there, you'll be paying the new price. I saw on the website that you can change your dates and your selected park if you buy online, if that's what you're concerned about. I guess the only risk would be if you think there might be some reason your plans change, since it's non-refundable and I think you can't decrease the number of days.

If you do decide to buy at the Hilton, I believe it's cash only.
http://www3.hilton.com/resources/me...BTW_FrequentlyAskedQuestionsRevised_Aug14.pdf

Hmm, I had planned to buy at the hotel. I understand much of Japan is cash only, so I'll be prepared. I kind alike the printed passports they give you though and though I'd keep it as a memento. Also, how do online tickets work in Fastpass Machines?

Hmm, I had planned to buy at the hotel. I understand much of Japan is cash only, so I'll be prepared. I kind alike the printed passports they give you though and though I'd keep it as a memento. Also, how do online tickets work in Fastpass Machines?

I bought an online ticket, did the print-at-home thing, and was able to trade it for a card-type ticket for I think about 200¥. I did it at the Guest Relations booth outside TDL while waiting for the park to open. Perhaps that's an option.

I bought an online ticket, did the print-at-home thing, and was able to trade it for a card-type ticket for I think about 200¥. I did it at the Guest Relations booth outside TDL while waiting for the park to open. Perhaps that's an option.

Good to see ya, Mesa! That's interesting. I may have to try that. It's not a huge deal, and the online is probably safer since I can make backup copies. The Price hike isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. When did you go?

I have a question about ticket purchasing. Is it better to buy online or wait until I get there (it is weird to me to not have tickets in hand yet)? I am staying at the Hilton Tokyo Bay which I believe gives me guaranteed entry if I buy there. At least one website I read recommended just getting them there. Of course, the price increase could make a difference here too. Thanks.

I'm planning my trip the week after you will be there actually. I don't know if the Hilton offers this (I know the Disneyland Hotel, MiraCosta and Ambassador do according to my research) but there is ticket option that isn't publicized and for a few more dollars a day more you can park hop from the beginning of your stay. This may be a non-issue to you. It's not something we particularly need or want, but it will be nice to have the option--- plus, we want the hard ticket as a souvenir so there's that :-) May be worth researching if that is available at that hotel if park hopping is important to you and you don't want to wait til day 3 on your ticket to do so.

I'm planning my trip the week after you will be there actually. I don't know if the Hilton offers this (I know the Disneyland Hotel, MiraCosta and Ambassador do according to my research) but there is ticket option that isn't publicized and for a few more dollars a day more you can park hop from the beginning of your stay. This may be a non-issue to you. It's not something we particularly need or want, but it will be nice to have the option--- plus, we want the hard ticket as a souvenir so there's that :-) May be worth researching if that is available at that hotel if park hopping is important to you and you don't want to wait til day 3 on your ticket to do so.

The Hilton does not do this. They have the guaranteed entry tickets but not the unlimited hoppers. Thanks for the tip though. Hope you have fun!

Good to see ya, Mesa! That's interesting. I may have to try that. It's not a huge deal, and the online is probably safer since I can make backup copies. The Price hike isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. When did you go?

About 18 months ago.

Thank you very much, we were planning to buy them at the hotel, just in case we wanted to enter the parks the afternoon we arrive at the resort, but we will probably arrive in the evening anyway. I'll be then mid April and you just saved the four of us 4800 Yen. Not a huge amount in the great scheme of a trip to Japan, but still enough for a few snacks in the park!

I'm back, thank you everyone for the tips you gave me when planning, it's been a fantastic trip.
It's hard to express how great TDS is. While Tokyo Disneyland is very good as well, Tokyo Disney Sea is just in another category than any other theme park in the world. The only problem? It's had to go back to Paris or even Orland or Anheim and not thinking how better Tokyo Disney Sea is. :)

I'm headed to Tokyo Jun 8-12, and I have done no planning at all. I'm going with my daughters College LAX, and she and I are staying on, for our Disney Experience. I have done no planning other than booking the Disney Ambassador hotel. Time to start crunch research and planning. If anyone has any suggestions (website tips etc), please share. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter