TDS happy meal coupon & DC

lindaso

DIS Veteran
I just purchased DD's halloween costume at TDS and the cashier would not take both the 20% McDonald's happy meal coupon and the 10% DC discount. I thought I read here that some of you were able to use both...am I imagining this? I'm just wondering if I got ripped off. Thanks!!

Linda

When I used my coupon I could not use the DC discount, it said "not to be comboined with any other discounts, etc" on the back but I asked anyway, sadly the CM said no. Still the things I bought were on sale so it worked out well.

I had several of these coupons and never got to use both discounts..until......I went to the Disney catalog outlet store in Branson, Mo and the girl there gave me both! I don't think she was supposed to, but I asked and she said o.k.! So I took it and was thrilled! What really irritated me was that I didn't get my DC discount when I used my $10.00 discount card that they were giving away a few weeks ago with a $30.00 purchase! I thought those cards were supposed to be like cash, but they said no DC discount with it!!! I was BUMMED!!! Well, so much for my little vent!! Have a Disney Day!!!:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone. I feel better knowing I didn't get gypped (sp? I don't think I've ever written this word LOL). I guess it was wishful thinking on my part. Now the question is do I call for the Mickey costume for DS for $24 or let him wear DD's old Teletubbie costume for nothing!?!?!?! Hmmmmm :p

Linda

Even if the castmember didn't know better and tried to put both thru, the register would not allow two discounts. It's always one or the other.

And getting an $11.00 purchase with the $10 off coupon, taking it down to $1.00 is much better than just getting your DC 10% off your $11.00 purchase. Most times, discounts cannot be combined. I would say that most retailers follow this rule with any published coupon they give out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter