TDS's closing in Wiscosin...

hercamore

<font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea
I was at our TDS today in SE Minnesota, and the clerk told me 5 stores are closing in Wisconsin soon.

Anyone else heard this?

Our TDS does a booming business. I'd be really surprised it it closed.

Hercmore

Our store at Granite Run will be closing on the 8th. So sad I would always pop in there. Knew most of the cast members. Not everyone has a place to go. So some are loosing their jobs. The store was so empty just mainly toys left and some kid things. All adult stuff shipped to other stores......I guess I will be saving money. I have to make an effort to go to the other ones near me!

I was in Appleton, WI store today and the cm denied knowing anything about closing this location. I'll cry if they do...we are over 1 1/2 hrs to another store!

We were just at the Southridge store and the CM there said Northridge closed about a year ago but the other stores in the Milwaukee area are doing good:bounce: I wish though they carried more adult clothing and the porceline figures. The only place to get them now is the parks. Darn I guess we'll have to malfe more trips to WDW:bounce: :bounce:

I have read about the store closings on other boards too.
Omaha has two TDS. Well -- had two. One store's last day is tomorrow. :(
I have read where 150 stores were scheduled to close. Since 9/11, they up-ed the count to 200.
A CM I conversed with has their own theory. Guessing the stores that are scheduled to be updated are being closed, rather than go through ($cha-ching$) renovations. Some have said when the lease runs out -- so does TDS. But that probably goes along with the renovation theory.

WOw how sad :( We have been in 5 in NY int he last few weeks and all looked pathetic I wonder if some are on the edge of closings?????? Is there anywhere to get a list of those closing?

Gosh I hope not! Since I can't get to WDW anytime soon, I always go in a store just to get my "magic" fix. I am hoping to go to one tommorow, and I'll ask them.

I don't know anything official, but I've heard from at least 2
sources that our Disney Store in the Miller Hill Mall in Duluth (MN)
will be closing shortly. That means we'll all have to drive to the
Twin Cities to get our Disney fix! I guess I'll have to make do
with the DISBOARDS, since my husband hates driving down
there and I can rarely convince him to go!:confused:

Not sure about closings, but the new Disney Store in Mayfair Mall is like other recent Disney moves: a step backward. The original store was larger and more magical. The new store is smaller and colder. I used to be such a big Disney fan, my family would tease me. But with recent decisions (especially early entry :mad: ) I am not even planning our annual trip this year.

The store in Duluth MN is GONE!!! I was a castmember there. The one in St. Cloud also closed as well as a couple in Wisconsin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter