Tell me about Aulani this week (3rd week of June)

Gorechick

DIS Veteran
Thinking the 3rd week of June might be a good time to go when we plan our next trip to Aulani. I would love to hear about crowds, etc... from anyone there now. TIA!

Mid-June is hugely popular at Aulani. For DVC, Studios are hard to come by at the 7 month mark, so it depends on what size room you are looking for!

I've never been there in June but from what reports I've seen it is quite crowded.

We will be arriving this Friday and can let you know, but I expect it to be quite crowded. There's a sweet spot in June where many kids are just getting out of school and the DVC rates are still lower (which is why we booked!).

Jim

We were there this week last year. It was busy but not crazy. Yes, lounge chairs weren't overly plentiful, but we always found a couple somewhere even if it was mid-afternoon. My biggest complaint was pools closing so early in prime summer time. I never had any issues with crowds.

That is the week we went this year! Last year we went the second week of June, and found it to be much less crowded than the third week. That said, it wasn’t really that bad. We are always able to find at least a few lounge chairs. No long lines for quick service, but the lines for characters were long enough that we didn’t bother standing in any of them. Last year, you could sort of stumble upon them and take a quick picture and have a nice interaction, but this year the lines gave them away and were a deterrent. Though it was a bit crowded on the beach too, we would still visit this week again in the future. Earlier may be better if you can swing it.

We just got home yesterday. It was busy but not insanely so. I wouldn't hesitate to go back again this time of year. The weather was warmer than usual but really nice. Wonderful trade winds. I miss it already.

Just got back also. Last time we went it was earlier in June and I think I prefer that better. I know during the 3rd week this year, they were at 97% capacity.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm a teacher so my travel is limited to the summer months and busier times of year. I will check into what it's like mid to late August when that gets near.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!