• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about Clarion Universal...

klwdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi! We are considering a trip to Univ./IOA and Sea World this Fall and are interested in a clean, fairly inexpensive hotel with shuttle service to these parks as we hate to rent a car. The DIS recommends the Clarion Universal which sounds perfect but I'm sure I've read negative posts regarding this resort

Please tell me your experiences, good and bad, with this resort to help me make my decision. Or if you've stayed elsewhere that fits this description -- especially the shuttle service -- please share those with me also.

Thanks in advance! :D

We stayed there from May4-11th. THe first room that we were given was a smoking room, and it was not very nice. I was not at all impressed and called the front desk. They were full for that night and said they would move me in 2 nights.

In the morning I decided that I really wasn't happy, so I went to the desk in person and was told they would move me that day. We packed all our stuff and left it in the room, when we returned we were given the key to a new room, and all our bags were waiting for us (even our ice bucket full of drinks had been transferred).

The new room was beautiful, spotless, clean smelling, lovely view of Wet N Wild. I have no complaints about the 6th floor at all, it was perfect.

The location is good, it's quite quiet around and you really need a car, but it's only 2 minutes from I-drive, very very close to Universal, next door to WetNWild. It had a nice breakfast buffet, and Shamu even visited us there one morning.

I would stay there again, but be sure to request a non-smoking rooms, as the smoking floor (5th) was not nice.

Oh, and they did have a shuttle service, but we didn't use it as we had a hire car, so I can't really comment on it. It's so far from the car park to the park at Universal that I think the shuttle would be a lot faster than driving.

Bev

I was there early June, the room was fine, got off of this web site, is right next door to WEtnWild,close to Universal, pool was decent, small bar, took our own beer/cokes, breakfast buffet was ok.Would stay there
again, this isn't the HR but not bad, paid $49 night.Are you going to Universal, spend $$ to stay at HR, entertainment rate was $125, they treated us like kings,
would go there again in a heartbeat.Oh yeah they have basketball/hot tub beside pool.Any other questions??

Thanks!!

Did you use the shuttle service at all?? We would be using this and I'm curious how it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter