Tell me about January please

Thank you for all the info and we are looking to go the week before MLK. Planning to fly and so that does add to the packing dilemma.
I'll be there at that time, too! I'm coming from the north and am planning on layering for the plane, so I'll already have a hoodie, scarf, and gloves with me when I arrive in Florida. I am SO looking forward to just getting away from it all.

We've gone a few times in January/February. Our experience was much like what others have posted.
Weather:
Warm or cool weather. Usually a mix over the course of a week. First trip it was cool/cold and drizzly the entire week, but we still had a lot of fun. For me, best clothing was joggers, tshirt, heavy hoodie, and light cloth gloves/stocking hat. Kept me sufficiently warm without having to wear jeans and a parka on Expedition Everest.
Crowds: slightly more crowded in January, but that is a good trade-off from the humidity grossness of September.
Pool: probably not. When I took my nieces/nephew we did swim in the cold cloudy weather at BLT. We'd go down the slide and then hop over to the hot tub.
Waterparks: I wouldn't waste my time.

Bottom line: If you are a cool weather lover and hate humidity, this is the time for you!

So what you're saying, then, is to pack like you're going to Disneyland? :rotfl2:

Lol. Basically. As a local I’m bundled up way before other guests. But temps can vary by 20 degrees by day to night. We were at one of the Broadway series shows last year and everyone in my group laughed at me because I had hat, gloves and scarf jammed in my pockets and I had my winter coat on. At the end of the show, walking around World Showcase and back to the car. I was comfortable with all my winter garb on. They were freezing!

Lol. Basically. As a local I’m bundled up way before other guests. But temps can vary by 20 degrees by day to night. We were at one of the Broadway series shows last year and everyone in my group laughed at me because I had hat, gloves and scarf jammed in my pockets and I had my winter coat on. At the end of the show, walking around World Showcase and back to the car. I was comfortable with all my winter garb on. They were freezing!

MANY a time on our Disneyland trips, it's been perfectly lovely in the middle of the day, but cool-ish early in the morning (where you need a light sweatshirt). And then once the sun goes down, the temperature drops a lot...and then when you factor in any sort of wind or a breeze, then it gets pretty darn cold!

On those trips when we're at DL at a time of year when it's cool-ish in the evenings, we bring light weight scarfs, light weight gloves, 1 hat per person, and a sweatshirt or jacket. Sometimes both if it's going to be especially cold in the evenings. Sometimes, we'll stash the extra clothes in a locker to use later in the day. And sometimes, we'll layer up with a long sleeved shirt as the base layer, a Disney t-shirt on top of that, followed by a sweatshirt, and then if it's cold enough, a jacket on top of that.

But usually, the long sleeved shirt, t-shirt, and sweat shirt is enough when you double it up with a hat, gloves, and a scarf.

We went the third week in January this year and it was like the coldest week in Florida, the week that all the lizards were freezing and falling out of the trees. I feel like I have PTSD from how freakin cold it was, esp on that morning that we got to DHS before sunrise to get our ROTR boarding group. It was a wet cold... BITTER. But I am sure I'm a wuss compared to people from other parts of the country. Crowds were... crowded. seems like every time I go there are more and more people...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!