Tell me about Minnie Vans

westie55

DIS Veteran
I would like to take a Minnie van from POFQ to dinner at Chef Mickey's. How would I go about doing this? Can the resort desk arrange it for me or do I need to use the Lyft app? If I get the Lyft app, what do I do next? Thanks!

You must use the Lyft app.
From there, you request Minnie Van just like any other Lyft class of service.
I take it, since you say, get the Lyft app, you've never used it. Have you used Uber? It's really quite similar, in the overall operation.
They are both easy, once you download them. Minnie Vans only appear as a class of service on the Lyft app when you are at Disney

I would also make sure you download the Lyft app before making your trip. If you wait until you’re ready to go to dinner, you’ll spend time setting up your account, loading in credit card information, etc. before you can actually call a ride. Best to have all that done in advance.

When I was there we used a Minnie Van once. When we first arrived and I opened the MDE app I had something pop up that asked if I would like to use the Minnie Van service while at Disney. I ignored it, as I didn’t really know what it was at the time. Then when we needed it, I downloaded the Lyft app but the MV’s weren’t showing up. I couldn’t find a way to activate from the MDE app again, so I went to the front desk at the hotel and they had to do something to activate it. So if you see the pop up click yes to save yourself the extra step.

When I was there we used a Minnie Van once. When we first arrived and I opened the MDE app I had something pop up that asked if I would like to use the Minnie Van service while at Disney. I ignored it, as I didn’t really know what it was at the time. Then when we needed it, I downloaded the Lyft app but the MV’s weren’t showing up. I couldn’t find a way to activate from the MDE app again, so I went to the front desk at the hotel and they had to do something to activate it. So if you see the pop up click yes to save yourself the extra step.
And that pop up does include the option to download the Lyft app, if you don't already have it.
Here's what it looks like, for anyone curious (this is from last year, when it was only at select resorts but I'm sure it hasn't changed)
DFDC1332-DE14-480E-84E1-A6F9AC50B385.png

And that pop up does include the option to download the Lyft app, if you don't already have it.
Here's what it looks like, for anyone curious (this is from last year, when it was only at select resorts but I'm sure it hasn't changed)
DFDC1332-DE14-480E-84E1-A6F9AC50B385.png

Thanks for the picture! This will help me to know what to look for next week!

p.s. $25 a ride ..... I just came home from a stay

if I read it correctly this service is on property only - no rides to the airport ....

Our Minnie Van service works with the Lyft app. Simply open the app from anywhere within Walt Disney World Resort to access Minnie Van service, request a ride and pay for it through the app. Cars are usually minutes away.

To select a ride:

• Confirm your current pick-up location.
  • Enter your Walt Disney World destination and tap “Request.”
  • The app will display a map tracking the vehicle en route and give you an identifying vehicle number to help you spot your car.

p.s. $25 a ride ..... I just came home from a stay

if I read it correctly this service is on property only - no rides to the airport ....

Our Minnie Van service works with the Lyft app. Simply open the app from anywhere within Walt Disney World Resort to access Minnie Van service, request a ride and pay for it through the app. Cars are usually minutes away.

To select a ride:

• Confirm your current pick-up location.
  • Enter your Walt Disney World destination and tap “Request.”
  • The app will display a map tracking the vehicle en route and give you an identifying vehicle number to help you spot your car.
Disney is offering Minnie Vans to MCO but the cost is $150

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter