Tell me about your adult-only, couples trip? Did you go to the parks?

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
We are planning a 4-day weekend anniversary trip, just my DH and I, and would like to hear about your trips with just adults. Did you go to the parks or just spent the time doing other things? Did you book FP in advance, or did more flying by the seats of your pants? How was the flow of your day? Did you book a nice dinner every evening? Or planned to use that time to visit the parks and just lounge during the day?

Note, this is *not* a splurge trip for us. Due to the timing of things over the summer, we'll be doing this trip one week after we return from a large family trip (not Disney), so we're keeping this one more low key. I currently have CSR booked and the DXDP. Thought about V&A, but decided against it.

Last edited:
We go for Food&Wine, 9 or 10 days and we'll hit a park at RD and do the major attractions at a leisurely pace then hop to WS where we'll spend the afternoon and evening. We'll get in some pool time and on Sat we usually skip WS due to crowd levels during F&W and just hang at the BW and dine at Raglan Road. We do get FP+ choices in advance.

Bill From PA

My (adult) daughter and I do one adult trip every year ... we "jokingly" refer to is the "Annual Mother/Daughter Drunk & (a little) Disorderly tour. That should give you an idea what we spend a lot of time doing!

Yes, we go to the parks each day. We do schedule FP's and generally schedule one table service meal each day. We hit the parks at rope drop and ride what we can stand by then start with the FP's mid to late morning. We are generally done at the parks by early afternoon so we head out ... either back to the resort for some pool time or a nice at another park or resort. We head back to a park in the evening but generally don't bother with rides ... some cocktails and people watching is always fun ... unless we go to MK where we sometimes schedule a dessert party to watch the fireworks. We will sometimes sneak in a ride on the people mover ... one of my favorites! Adult trips are great ... especially when I recall the "family" trips back in the day!

We are doing this at the end of April!!! Cannot wait. One day at the parks with hopper. We will start at AK - enjoy it at our own pace. Will only try to book FOP and if not will book FPs at Epcot which we will hop to in the evening. After AK we will probably relax at the hotel (Dolphin). Then eat and drink around the world at Epcot and watch Illuminations. On the way back to Dolphin we will stop at a boardwalk bar. Day 2 is resort day and DS. We have Omakase booked at Morimoto. Day 3 we fly home. Can’t wait to do our own things!!!! We will feel guilty being there and will never tell the kids where we went! Have sooooo much fun!!

We are almost always just DH and I....we go to the parks, book ADRs and FP+ ahead of time.
We are usually there for long trips, so also have days off from the parks.

The nature of the trip changes, surely, when it is just my SO and I. We spend much more time in "The Oasis" and less time (generally sitting, waiting) outside Expedition Everest. We focus a lot more on catching the live entertainment around the World Showcase and less time standing in line for Soarin'. We take the opportunity to slip onto a ride during the parades rather than battling the crowds for a glimpse of what's passing by.

We did a week for our anniversary and it was a pretty conventional trip I guess--rope drop one park, break at the resort, close out another. We had fully planned out FPs and a handful of ADRs. There were probably a few more cocktails than on the average trip--at least I hope people don't drink like that with a bunch of kids in tow. But it was just magical! and oddly romantic--just the two of us with an endless array of things to do with little to no effort and fireworks every night! We ran around like kids for a week.

We've done several trips that way. We don't rope drop, we generally start our day a little later (it's vacation!). We always do FP+ but tend to change them a little more if the mood strikes. We've tried to get in the pools in the morning so if afternoon storms hit we don't miss out on that part. We do some ADRs for our must do's but might do a bunch of QS for dinner if we don't feel like being so scheduled. We do go to the parks each day. Lately we've tried to get to some of the shows/attractions that we miss when our kids (they are now adults too) are with us.

It’s always just the two of us. For our more random three day weekend trips we don’t do as much planning. Maybe a FP here and there and at least one dinner reservation, but nothing to $$. These trips are also typically around the festivals at Epcot so we like to focus on that f&b instead of the ones that are always there.

For the longer trips we definitely have a more structured plan. I.e. 3 FP a day, all dinners scheduled, all extra magic hours analyzed for best park experience. :rolleyes1 But then again, these are typically around runDisney race weekends when we know it will be busier. This is also when we do one higher-end dinner as a celebration for finishing the race.

I’ve also made it a personal goal to find all possible hidden mickeys. So that gives us a goal for each trip, while adding in some extra fun that isn’t based on scheduling anything and we can just wonder around.

My adult son and I go at least once a year (he is 37) and yes we go to the parks but it's not really about riding rides so much as just being there for us. We do ride rides but we rarely book FP in advance since we rarely know what park we are going to until the morning. I'll check what is available when we are on the bus but rarely do we book more than one at a time because we just don't like being tied down to a time. We don't mind standing in line and since we have no plans, it no big deal. We also don't make ADRs that far in advance, normally it's just during the day while walking around we will either check what is available at a certain time frame (we always have PHs or APs) or what is available at a certain park or resort. We eat TS almost every day and have never had any problems getting a same day ADR. We do a lot of enjoying refreshing adult beverages and love to try new places to eat. We also tend to spend a part of each day at the pool in the hot tub with a refreshing adult beverage. Refreshing adult beverages play a large part in our trips, my honey always tells us that we have to go into detox when we get home since I send him pictures of our drinks (he doesn't go, doesn't like to travel, doesn't like crowds, doesn't like amusement parks, doesn't like eating anything but meat and potatoes and liked his time at home without me).

I have two adults only TRs going right now, one with me and my mom (her first time ever) and one with just me and DH over the new year holiday.
Yes, we go to the parks, but that's the draw for us. I wouldn't be able to be on property and not go to the parks. I had an AP last year, so I was excited to get a 4th trip with it.

With my mom's trip, I wanted to get in as much as possible without exhausting her, so rides were a priority. With DH, we knew crowds were going to be nuts so we didn't worry so much about rides, although we definitely did our favorites. Food was also more of a priority on the NYE trip, and we did more signatures in one trip than we usually do when on family trips. With mom, we did midday breaks, with DH we did not - mostly b/c it wasn't practical between our plans/crowds/location.

For both dining reservations were made as soon as possible (we booked for NYE after day 180 and still had good luck), but changed a few times along the way. FPs were made for both at 60 days out. Both trips had to be structured for different reasons. October for showing everything off to my mom, and NYE for crowds and nighttime activities or meals we didn't want to miss.

Even though the NYE trip was pretty planned out, we still had a lot of downtime, b/c the super planned moments were usually contained within a certain timeframe, and much of the day was left for us to do what we wanted.

Just figure out what your priorities are and go from there. Have an amazing time!!

I would NEVER go to Orlando if I was not going to the parks! DH and I went in Oct for our 30th anniversary (9 nights, 2 offsite). I planned a few special meals (Highway in the Sky Dine around, a F&W special French meal) also tea at the GF and lunch at Saana our AK day, but mostly we ate at the F&W booths. We would do a park in the morning, relax by the pool in the afternoon, often hop to Epcot in the evening. I did book FP for the most important rides we wanted to hit.

My husband and I are heading out to WDW the end of this month for 9 days for our 50th anniversary!
We go once a year, alone, and love it.
We love to ride the rides, see attractions, and just wander around. We have a few must do TS reservations, but QS mostly.
We go at a leisurely pace, partly due to our ages:) and take in the beautiful surroundings.
Parks each day are a must do. We love them, but we use hoppers too. We have many traditions that we love, oops, must do. I'm trying in vane to NOT use love so much when talking about Disney:)
There are so many different parks, places, to explore that we never do all we want to.
Have a great anniversary:)

Absolutely we go to the parks!
Going just Hubs and I is our chance to act like kids again. We make a basic plan ahead of time but we enjoy making it up as we go as much as we can. Maybe we want to take a nap, maybe we want to lay by the pool, maybe we want to go ride SM 3 times, that’s the beauty of an adult trip. It’s about you and what you want to do, not focused on the kids, what the kids want to do or need to do. Its incredible. :)

DH and I are going in September for our deferred honeymoon (two years late due to family stuff). We are doing a full week with DxDP and five days in the parks. We have both been to WDW before but never together. We are planning some signature dinning and looking forward to F&W. We will get a few FPs because we love rides and because I’ve never been on Space Mountain or Everest (the times I went while growing up it was always being refurbed and when taking my son he was afraid of roller coasters), so those two are a priority for me. Other than some minimal planning we will play it by ear.

DH and I have done 2 trips so far without the kiddos. It's fun in a different way. We did not make any plans. We would decide as the day went what we would do. We would go to the parks but at a more casual pace. We enjoyed more snacks and sitting and enjoying the park atmosphere. We would pick up a dining reservation that was available and enjoy a nice meal at our pace. We actually were able to go to Epcot and enjoy each country and their shops. We enjoyed the resort more too. Basically, no schedule and just enjoyed our company at the happiest place on earth!

The fast passes were not a big deal for us since we did not have any major ones we had to do. We are going in August again for our anniversary. This time we will make fast passes to catch any new Toy Story rides and the New Pandora Flights of the Passage ride. That's it.

PS Don't feel bad for the kiddos. Since we all picked up annual passes and we are new DVC members that had to use banked points, we went in December and now in March for a full week. Those trips have fast passes and a few dinner reservations but not too planned. Husband told me I had to dial it back from our previous trips. :duck:

We have done 2 adult only trips and have 2 more reserved. As much as we enjoy the family trips, we really enjoy the adult only trips too. We still do some FP's, at least for the "have to" attractions. We make a few ADR's and do QS meals and snacks for everything else. We sleep in most mornings and do our touring at a leisurely pace. We really enjoy slowing down to smell the roses more.

We have done two trips without kids and are looking forward to our third. They are usually 7 to 8 days long. We do a tour, book FP and ADRs ahead of time. We have had the best time with the tours! Usually we just do our must do rides and don't even worry about so many of them. We are very laid back and wander wherever and whenever we want. I look forward to trips with our children and grandchildren but really like these trips better. I'm looking forward to our first EPCOT area stay and swimming at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!