Tell me about your Grand Canyon bus tour

famofsix

<font color=darkorchid>For $40 Elmo should sing, l
DH and I are taking a trip flying into Vegas in June and then heading to Cali for a wedding. We don't gamble so we want to make the most of the time seeing the sights out West. Our quandry is we would like to see Grand Canyon possibly a day trip if we choose a bus tour but I am not sure if this is a good option as opposed to renting a car and going ourselves. We are flexible in that we are going to be in and around Vegas for 3 days.

Anyone opinions from those who have been there or recommendations?

Anybody?

I apologize. I misunderstood the question so my reply was not useful.

I enjoyed the bus tour and felt it was worthwhile.

I guess we are not debating which one we would like better bus or car. It is more a question of did people take the bus tour and enjoy it and feel it was worthwhile:confused3 If the bus tour got a lot of negative we would certianly just rent a car.

It seems you liked the bus tour:) Which company did you use?

Thanks for your post.

I apologize. I misunderstood the question so my reply was not useful.

I enjoyed the bus tour and felt it was worthwhile.

no problem. We looked into driving to California from Vegas but the rental drop off was outrageous one way.

It sounds like we could do Vegas without a car and take advantage of the bus tour. I have never been on a bus tour except for the kennedy space center and I don't think that counts:laughing:

I would do a helicopter but it's not in the budget this time around.:upsidedow

I don't know if all the tour companies are the same or what so I will have to see if there are differnt companies.

If I had to do it again I would rent a car and drive to the canyon ourselves,not because it was a bad experience but I just think driving yourself you could make better time and stay longer at the canyon.

The bust tour basically picked us up at the hotel around 7;30 am,luckily we were staying at the Excalibur and it was the last hotel the bus picked up so we didn't have to go to other hotels to pick up more people.After we got picked up we were taken to a off strip building that was also a vitamin company where we paid and were given a danish and juice.By the time we left it was 9-9:30 am.The drive on a bus is obviously going to take longer than by car so we arrived at a gift shop about 30 minutes from the canyon to buy souvenirs since they would be cheaper than inside the park.There the bus driver also asked us if we wanted to eat our packed lunch or wait until we arrived,everyone agreed to eat it there.It was basically a ham and cheese sandwich,chips, 2 peanut butter cookies and a bottle of water.We left and arrived at the canyon about 3pm or so,we stopped at 2 different viewing areas,a total stay of just over 2 hours.So we left at about 5:30 or so and watched a movie on the way back to Vegas where we arrived almost at 10pm.It was a good experience but if I were to do it again driving ourselves would give us more time at the canyon and flexibility to stop at other places on the trip and eat a more interesting lunch.The bus was just too much driving for the amount of time you get to be there.

:) Thank you that was very helpful and I will share it with DH:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter