Tell me all about DL!!!

mariamard1

Mouseketeer
Not tryin' to be a pain, but whats not to miss? We LOVE WDW and go once or twice a year and we are thrilled to go to sunny California! We only have 4 whole days to use our hoppers and we are going one week before Easter. Will we have enough time to see all there is to see? If not, what are you favorites? We have a 1, 5, and 14 DDs so we are all over the place with kids ages. Thanks!--Maria :flower:

4 days is just right. Unlike WDW, Disneyland is more compact. You will be able to park hop all day long since the two parks are right next to each other. No bus, no boat, just walk right over! Things not to be missed: Pirates of the Caribbean, much better than WDW's version. Soarin Over California is incredible. They are building one in Epcot too since it has been so successful. Its a Small World is supposed to be much better (I haven't seen the WDW version). There are also several rides in Fantasyland not found in WDW: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Storybookland Canal boats, Casey Jr's Circus Train, Pinnochio and my daughters favorite ride in either park, Alice in Wonderland! I think Fantasyland in Disneyland is much prettier and quainter than WDW's version. Calfornia Adventure has some very neat attractions, this park reminds me of MGM Studios. The roller coaster, California Screamin is the best coaster I have ever ridden on. They also have the Electrical Parade there which is very cool. As far as shows, the Aladdin show is really something. I know a lot of people consider it to be the best Disney show in any of their parks. I personally like the Snow White show the best. I know I am in the minority on this one but she is my favorite princess, what can I say! The thing I like about the shows at Disneyland is that they are much longer than the shows at WDW and tell more of the story. Disneyland does not have the huge layout of WDW, and it is right in the heart of a big city. But knowing that this is the original park Walt Disney loved makes it really special. The climate in California is much nicer, not so much humidty! The DTD is much more compact and right there with the parks. You can park hop and do DTD all in one morning if you want! There are many hotels/motels in walking distance to both parks. We literally don't get in a car our whole stay since everything is just right there. A lot of people will say WDW is better. Bigger yes, but not better in my opinion. You will have a great time!

Never having been to DW it's hard to make a comparison. But having just returned from our first trip to DL here's what thrilled us:

Disneyland - yep, just the whole place, The cast, the lights the decorations the buildings everything was just magic

Rides
- Peter Pan - surprisingly good and easily the best in fantasyland.
- Splash Mountain
- Indiana Jones
- Haunted Mansion (though we saw the Christmas version which was brilliant)
- Winnie the Pooh
- Big Thunder Mountain
- The Parade and Fireworks

DCA is not nearly as good as a park, but has perhaps the best rides
- Tower of Terror - just brilliant
- Soarin - fantastic concept'
- Screamin - if you are into scary coasters
- Grizzly River Run - great fun.

strolling through mickey/minnie's houses are fun for the 5 yo. if it's a girl, she'll enjoy the snow white show. my DS, who is 5 loved going on the rocket ride. (forgot the name, it's the main one when you enter fantasy land, i think, or maybe it was called tomorrow land). small world would be one for the entire family! :flower:

Also check out the Blue Bayou restaurant (perhaps at lunch, when it is cheaper). It overlooks the Pirates of the Caribbean Ride (much like the Mexican restaurant over looks El Rio del Tiempo ride).

Thanks so much for your fast replies! We are really excited to try something new. I was there as a child-don't remember much except the dumbos and the castle.
We go to WDW once or twice a year and we've been trying to plan DL for a while. Thanks all for your excitement , too. :goodvibes --Maria

don't forget the Matterhorn or toontown.... not one of those at WDW

We don't have the Matterhorn (my fave!!) but we DO have Toontown. Don't know if they're the same since I haven't been to the one at DL.

Toontown is not the same as Toontown Fair, and much better IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter