Tell me how to do Universal

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
We are going to tag along with my husband while he has a conference at the Disney Hotel in Sept. My oldest is 7 and loves HP so I wanted to see about going to Universal. I went to Universal a few times on college so I haven't been since the late '90s and I think that was just for Halloween stuff. I hate roller coasters (I'm a wimp!) but it looks like from reviews I can handle the HP ride. His little sister is 4 so I'm sure we will have height restrictions with her. Anything else that would be fun to do? Thanks!

I'd start by figuring out how tall they are. The minimum height for most rides is 40-48, which children under 48 inches not being allowed to ride alone. There is a child swap area, but you'd likely need a 2nd adult to use it. If you oldest if over 48 inches, that will open up more possibilities. There are also shows and the tram tour that don't have height requirements.

My son is just at 48 in. barefoot on the doctor scale so hopefully with shoes that won't be a problem. My 4 year old I think is about 42 in. Thanks for the reminder about swaps! It definitely cements my plan to have my husband along or it would be a bust! Since he's coming there are more options for things they can go on together. What would you recommend for them? Anything non threatening that I could handle? Or something my little one would enjoy? Thanks!

Bump...

DH thinks USH would be an all day event but I disagree. It just doesn't seem to have that much for the ages of our kids. I wouldn't plan on going at all if it wasn't for HP. What do you think?

I think it depends on your family and what you want to do. It will be an all day event if you want to see everything. You will all want to do the studio tour, which takes 45 minutes just for the ride, plus whatever the wait time is. It sounds like you want to focus on HP, so you will want to spend some time there looking at everything and the line for Forbidden Journey can get long. My little one (8) is not a big fan of USH because he still hates dark or scary rides, but he likes Minion Mayhem, the bug ride in the Despicable Me area (like Dumbo) and his favorite is Flight of the Hippogriff (kiddie coaster). He also loves casting spells with his interactive wand. If your husband and older son are interested in the bigger rides (Jurassic Park, Mummy, Transformers, etc.) and it's a busy day you could easily be there all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!