Tell me it is ok to splurge on a on a Disneyland Hotel

mpadilla89

Mouseketeer
So if anyone has read my other post you would know i really want to stay at a Disney Hotel but can not push my self to do so.

We already have everything booked for December 27-31 to stay at the Anaheim Marriot just need to make the last payment. The reason i have not paid in full is a part of me wants to switch to a Disney property. My first choice $$ wise is PPH which i don't see many perks besides EMH & i do not like the pool and it seems just as far as where we are staying. My second but really first choice is DLH. DLH seems very magical. DD has always wanted to stay there. The pool looks amazing. GCH is out of the question.

We are going back to Disneyland next year with a big group and will definitely not stay on property. And after that we more than likely won't be back for a couple years:worried:.

Dh said to keep what we have or book which ever Disney hotel i wanted to stay at. We can afford it I just can't justify the costs but really want to stay there.

Can you help me take the plunge and just switch to either PPH or DLH.

Tell me why i should splurge on PPH or DLH.:santa:

I tried to switch a few days ago for similar dates and paradise peri didn't have rooms available.

Many people stay on site getting the whole resort inclusive experience then never look back...others have a hard time justifying the price and only want a shower and a bed.

I am in the first bunch and I tell people all the time, if it so not gonna break the bank nor gonna limit your vacation financially in other areas absolutely give it a stay and see if it is for you or not.

There is no right or wrong answer as everyone's exceptions and values are different...only way to find out for you is to pull the trigger so you know for future stays if it is worth it or not for you.

Do it. Especially during the time you’re going, you’ll want magic morning (which I believe they offer at both parks same day when you’re there).

You sound like me...you try to be very responsible with money. If it's something you really want to do and can afford it, why not go for it? It will be busy in the parks, and you may be very happy with the perks. Just a word of advice...make sure if you do book at DLH you enjoy it, don't feel guilty about how you could have stayed someplace cheaper. That would ruin your fun.

If you can afford it and it's something you really want to do, and considering you won't have the opportunity for at least a couple of years, go for it. Especially during the holidays.

Totally worth it (assuming you can even still get a room). The EMH every day will make a huge difference that time of year. Especially at DCA. Also, the onsite hotel reservation gets you access to food reservations that that are not otherwise available. When staying onsite and using that number for reservations, I have never not been able to get the place and meal I wanted. Finally, the tiki bar and Tangora Terrace are the perfect combination when you have a kid with you!

Many people stay on site getting the whole resort inclusive experience then never look back...others have a hard time justifying the price and only want a shower and a bed.

I am in the first bunch and I tell people all the time, if it so not gonna break the bank nor gonna limit your vacation financially in other areas absolutely give it a stay and see if it is for you or not.

There is no right or wrong answer as everyone's exceptions and values are different...only way to find out for you is to pull the trigger so you know for future stays if it is worth it or not for you.

From staying at many different hotels at Disneyland and other times we travel we have found out we are definitely not just a shower and a bed type of people. The only downside is one I stay there and love it (because I know I will ) I will not want to stay any other way. :D

We debated this too and ultimately booked PPH. But only because we got a TA discount which made the cost just slightly more than off site hotels. If we didn't get the discount we would have stayed off site (this is purely ME and what I can live with in my budget). I like the perks like early entry to park and Disney theming and a cool pool. We went with PPH because we got a premium view room for less than a regular room at DLH (our first choice). You can always visit the hotels too if you stay off site and eat at the restaurants there. If it's in your budget and you feel you will regret it, then by all means stay onsite. You can't take it with you.

You sound like me...you try to be very responsible with money. If it's something you really want to do and can afford it, why not go for it? It will be busy in the parks, and you may be very happy with the perks. Just a word of advice...make sure if you do book at DLH you enjoy it, don't feel guilty about how you could have stayed someplace cheaper. That would ruin your fun.

Yes definitely I try to be very responsible with money. Just because we can afford it doesn't always mean we need it. We would technically be celebrating our birthdays which are in January and we wold not have any other celebrations (justifying my actions).

So if anyone has read my other post you would know i really want to stay at a Disney Hotel but can not push my self to do so.

We already have everything booked for December 27-31 to stay at the Anaheim Marriot just need to make the last payment. The reason i have not paid in full is a part of me wants to switch to a Disney property. My first choice $$ wise is PPH which i don't see many perks besides EMH & i do not like the pool and it seems just as far as where we are staying. My second but really first choice is DLH. DLH seems very magical. DD has always wanted to stay there. The pool looks amazing. GCH is out of the question.

We are going back to Disneyland next year with a big group and will definitely not stay on property. And after that we more than likely won't be back for a couple years:worried:.

Dh said to keep what we have or book which ever Disney hotel i wanted to stay at. We can afford it I just can't justify the costs but really want to stay there.

Can you help me take the plunge and just switch to either PPH or DLH.

Tell me why i should splurge on PPH or DLH.:santa:
The resort pools are our main draw for DLH and Grand Californian so I wouldn't spend the money for those dates unless almanac history shows it to be mid 70s or higher for those dates over the last several years. My kids will swim in any weather but for me and my husband to swim it needs to be at least 75 degrees out! Pools are heated so you may be fine, just check on weather history if you'd like to take advantage of the pools.

You sound like me too. I don't find anything particularly wrong with the motels across the street on Harbor, in fact, we took a spur of the moment trip in June and stayed at BWPPI and loved it. It is a motel, but it's clean, and close. That being said...last year when I went for my 30th birthday, I was going back and forth about whether an on-property hotel was worth the price. I ended up booking a cheaper off-property hotel, and regretted it so much, especially after spending time dining at the Grand. We also have the money so it's not an issue of going into debt, but I just couldn't justify the price in my head. In March of this year I took my Mom for her 60th and knew I couldn't make that same mistake again and booked GCH. Needless to say, I'm hooked. There is something special about staying on property to me, it feels more like an immersive experience. If our June trip hadn't been so last minute I would have stayed at the Grand again. In fact, DH and I are staying there for our anniversary next week.

I have stayed at DLR properties without my DH and loved them, but getting him to be on board booking/staying on our own was harder. Paying for the whole thing ourselves was harder for him to swallow. So, our last trip, I convinced him to stay for 2 nights at BWPPI and then 2 nights at DLH. We were in our DLH room for less than 10 minutes when he proclaimed that we were never staying anywhere else again. :-)

We are staying there again next month.

If you can afford it and it is something that you really want to do, go for it. Hanging out at your resort is awesome when you are at a Disney property.

The resort pools are our main draw for DLH and Grand Californian so I wouldn't spend the money for those dates unless almanac history shows it to be mid 70s or higher for those dates over the last several years. My kids will swim in any weather but for me and my husband to swim it needs to be at least 75 degrees out! Pools are heated so you may be fine, just check on weather history if you'd like to take advantage of the pools.
I am not much of a pool person but DH and DD must get in the pool no matter the weather. In 2013 we visited in December and stayed at the Hilton.They were at the pool in between the the day and at night. Trust me they will use the pool eve if its cold especially if they are heated.

I have stayed at DLR properties without my DH and loved them, but getting him to be on board booking/staying on our own was harder. Paying for the whole thing ourselves was harder for him to swallow. So, our last trip, I convinced him to stay for 2 nights at BWPPI and then 2 nights at DLH. We were in our DLH room for less than 10 minutes when he proclaimed that we were never staying anywhere else again. :-)

We are staying there again next month.

If you can afford it and it is something that you really want to do, go for it. Hanging out at your resort is awesome when you are at a Disney property.

DH is on board with whatever I choose. I am the only one holding back even though I am the one who wants o stay there the most. I can already see DH saying exactly what yours did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter