Tell me the "weather" where you live.

That last picture is a nice one of you and Bert, Kris.

I hope the highways in Hotlanta weren't too bad at going home hour. I got one brother in Kennesaw up I75 and a second one inside the Perimeter in Decatur. You know how Southern drivers are.

Bama Ed

Went to therapy in the morning and then stayed home. I watched that snow all day from my chair. It's supposed to last all night.

Kris I agree with Ed that is a good picture of you and Bert Mrs Bert's Mom would like that IMHO
I hope you had The SNOW Tires on Mallory's rig Yeti just looks soo HAPPY

UPDATE FROM DELAWARE
Forecast is now for 5 to 8 inches a Voluntary Evacuation Order has been announced

The snow pics are cute. We call that “Frost” up here. :D OK, maybe a “dusting”. We only had the cold around me this time. 18 yesterday morning. Just a little below average. It looks like the moisture stayed south. They are predicting a “normal” amount of snow this season. I bought a new snow blower last year and never put gas in it.

Mike, I thought DE got snow. The news is acting like it will shut down your state.

j

It had finally stopped snowing here. Took the dogs out to pee them, it was not bad the temp. In the city we have 4 inches of snow. The issue will be tonight. It is going to get slushy today and the overnight low is supposed to be 24. Good thing tomorrow is Sunday. Hoping it will all be good for the Monday morning commute.

Unfortunately I think I am stuck on the dreadmill for 9 miles today.

Jim we do occasionally get snow but just the mere mention of that word sends the populace into a panic. Most have no idea how to drive in even slightest of foul weather school close when flurries appear My friend Willie works for DELDOT and he was supposed to go in at 7am but got called in at 3 and is sitting in the workers shed.
The snow didn't start here (Dover area) till 45 min ago and temps over last few days not enough to freeze the upper layer of the ground so it will be a while before any accumulation but watchin them on the road in front of our house and it's amazing either speeding like made to miss it or crawling to avoid maintain control with high beams and 4 way flashers blazing

Last edited:
Kris happy you have been taking the Kids out to play and pee. Just be careful tomorrow as any melting and slush will turn to ice Our little ones are not liking this snow while it is falling can't wait to see how they are tomorrow with a few inches o the ground

They were thinking the same thing here last night as the temp went down to 23. Luckily no issues with the ice.

Yesterday, during the blizzard (laugh away there Jim) I actually loaded up in the truck and struck out for Grand Bay, AL to visit @SouthAlabama5er and pick up 100# of shrimp. (I sho am hungry) They were having that miserable cold rain that I really can't stand.

Just be careful tomorrow as any melting and slush will turn to ice

They were thinking the same thing here last night as the temp went down to 23. Luckily no issues with the ice...
Yesterday, during the blizzard (laugh away there Jim)...

100# of shrimp.
So many things to comment on. Mike, it sounds like DE is similar to the St Louis metro area. Those of us that live out a bit are used to driving in all kinds of conditions I guess. Or maybe people in the city never knew how to drive. The weather people started using the word "snow" over a week ago when it looked like we might get an inch or less. By Wednesday, it looked like it was all going south so they stopped hyping it quite so much. We've had really mild winters here for the last 3 years. We had a little snow last year, but the ground was warm and it melted as it fell or it wasn't more than an inch and it wasn't worth shoveling, much less firing up the snow blower.

The freeze/thaw/freeze thing can be brutal. That's what really messes with things around here. Then there are the ice storms. We've had some really bad ones here.

Michael- "blizzard". I like that. And did you say 100 lbs of shrimp? I think I'll be right there. What are you going to do with all that?

j

25# shrimp is about what I cook at Christmas for DWs family. I got 25# for my BIL. The rest I freeze in water and we eat throughout the year.

25# shrimp is about what I cook at Christmas for DWs family. I got 25# for my BIL. The rest I freeze in water and we eat throughout the year.

Dang! I was gonna head over with a tub of cocktail sauce.....
giphy.gif

Um, when you are done with that snow, could you send it back up my way, here it is, almost the middle of Dec. and we have green grass.

Um, when you are done with that snow, could you send it back up my way, here it is, almost the middle of Dec. and we have green grass.

This is crazy! We have had more of a winter than Vermont!?

It's still early December. Give it another week or so. :-)

j
Jim I found when we were in NY 9 Long Island) that right after Christmas till week or so after New Years I would get real cold but snow came late Jan to early Feb

We usually have our first snow fall on Halloween but not this year. The forecast is calling for 1 in. on Tuesday, then 1 -3 in. Wednesday.
We didn't lose leaves here till after Thanksgiving I was in woods with sweatshirt most days.

We didn't lose leaves here till after Thanksgiving I was in woods with sweatshirt most days.
This was another strange Fall. Mostly above average until the end of October. I was camping the weekend before Halloween and it was windy and overcast with highs in the upper 30s to 40. Into the 20s at night. Then it was nice through most of November again. Last week, within 6 days, the highs ranged from 42-70 with lows between 18-46. So in 6 days, the temps ranged from 18-70. Welcome to the Midwest!
The strangest part is we have had almost no rain (or snow) since mid-October. Our first snow (usually a dusting... or what Michael calls a 'blizzard') is usually end of November through now. Although we have had snow on Halloween. Our biggest snows have typically hit in March. In 2013, we started our race season in mid-March at Gateway in St Louis. It was 60 on Saturday. Saturday night through Sunday it snowed 22 inches (that's a lot for StL). We had flights to Disney on Monday morning. My race team owner owns DVC and we all went to SSR for Spring Break. It took 90 minutes to get to the airport that is usually a 40 minute drive, but we made it for the 0700 flight.

j

59 degrees and sunshine today.

Biggest news around here is what people are going to do with all the extra bread and milk that they bought Friday before the "blizzard". Power company is recovering from the 50 customers who lost power for about 4 hours that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!