Tell me the "weather" where you live.

So this alert came through a couple hours ago. Just going to post it here in case there's anyone at the Fort now checking the boards...

We are under flood warnings.

Hope you don’t get to much rain. Stay safe.

Back on Halloween we got heavy rains and flooding, they had to close down the southbound exit that I have to take for work for 6 weeks due to a sink hole.
This is from the local paper:

Repairs to the southbound ramp at Exit 18 will take at least six weeks, the Vermont Agency of Transportation (VTrans) has announced.
Damage to the culvert was more extensive than expected, leading VTrans to conclude it would be best to replace it rather than repair it.

That opened back up just before Christmas. Now there is one lane of northbound interstate closed in the same area for another sinkhole from the same storm. That has been closed for 2 weeks already.
This from Vtrans:

A section of Interstate 89 in Georgia will be down to one lane. Vermont's Agency of Transportation has been monitoring a failing culvert near the right lane, northbound in Georgia

@snowmedic Monitoring a failing culvert? "Hey Larry is the culvert still failing? ah yep" Just get in there and fix the dang thing

It is funny, but not really. There is a 15 foot void between the road and the culvert. The company is measuring it with a laser every hour. You can see the shoulder of the road starting to sink.

Vt. Is weird, they cannot do major road work without having two lanes of traffic open during rush hour, if that makes any sense.
Then they have to wait for the state to decide how it is going to be fixed.

It’s been awhile since we had a good thread de-railing. Sorry.

Well, after all the alerts, warnings and school closures, we have exactly...

Nothing!

No snow or ice and the sleet seemed to melt as it hit the ground. I think west and north of here has some snow. Although the news stations were 60+miles west of me trying make something out of it and there may have been 1/2 inch.

We might get a little something overnight, but we dodged this one pretty well.

j

Muahaha. We're in the same band but in Maine. Same Warning expiration tomorrow (Friday) as well. But our inches are 6-8 here. Starts in a few hours, but spitting already as I was just out with the dogs.

Started here at about 4:00 a.m. there still calling for 10-20 inches

Started here at about 4:00 a.m. there still calling for 10-20 inches
It's going now. Truck has a fluffy 1/4 inch on the hood. Interesting fall rate for the commute, very quick, and no wind. Walked the dogs in it and plow trucks were already out. One of those dark mornings that gives you the "going into lightspeed" view as it snows.

All schools closed due to flooding. It poured overnight. Chance of snow tomorrow.

So far we got nothing for weather, some sprinkles. But they are still calling for 1" overnight which means some creeks might get high. Thankfully all of the properties around me flow away from the house and we all feed a decent sized pond 3 lots away that has to be at least .5 acre wide. So I am only worried about driving around the rest of the N. VA people that seem to flip
out when there is any weather.

Just got power back on. Tornado rolled through last night. Got some trees down on my place but no structure damage that I am aware of. Kids home since schools had no power and lot of roads blocked with trees. Tornado passed just south of us, so we didn't get direct hit. Few injuries, no deaths that I am aware of.

However, at least it isn't snow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter