Tell me the "weather" where you live.

It's been awhile so I figured I'd post for today. Not sure if it's the surrounding disturbance from the tropical storm, we're back in the monsoon season, or a little of both but we've had lines of thunderstorms roll through in the evenings the last 3 nights. Looks like it's going to continue for the next part of a week. Really need it though as the lake is down about 2'. Anyway, here's this mornings stats with an OTWWF:

Nice weather station!!!

We have a simpler one for our TT, but I'm sure my DH would LOVE that one!!!

Your temps look great, but OH! that humidity level!

Nice weather station!!!

We have a simpler one for our TT, but I'm sure my DH would LOVE that one!!!

Your temps look great, but OH! that humidity level!
Thanks, I liked it so much I bought one for the coach. I hang the sensor on the exterior door handle when we stop someplace:

in a few weeks, I’m sure I’ll be longing for that humidity level.

You and me both!

I can handle 'dry' heat, but high humidity just does me in. I grew up in So Cal and my first trip to the midwest in July was a real eye opener! Give me 105° and 20% humidity over 80° and 70% humidity any day!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but do you guys use any type of dehumidifier on those high humidity days or is it a lost cause?

I can handle 'dry' heat, but high humidity just does me in. I grew up in So Cal and my first trip to the midwest in July was a real eye opener! Give me 105° and 20% humidity over 80° and 70% humidity any day!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but do you guys use any type of dehumidifier on those high humidity days or is it a lost cause?
Obviously when we're staying in the coach the AC's are running and keeping it dry inside. I also run them at a higher temp, around 88deg. when it's in the garage unused. If I didn't do that, yes I would run a dehumidifier to keep the moisture and mildew down.
I spent my summers in Lake Havasu City from 1971 through around 1978. You don't have to explain "dry heat" to me. But like I used to tell people.... 120 is hot regardless of how dry it is! ;)

80 yesterday, first sunshine we've seen in a week, 3" rain last week, 60's today and back to upper 80's lower 90's by Wednesday. Good part is we have camping reservations for next weekend and one of our state parks! Finally get to take the camper out!

We keep a dehumidifier in our TT all summer.

Like a plug in electric/battery one? Sorry, I live in 'dry heat' and we only have to worry about a little bit of humidity over the winter so we use 'DriZees', but I wouldn't think that would be enough for high humidity. We'd thought about using them when we were at FtW but the humidity wasn't super bad (early May).

Like a plug in electric/battery one? Sorry, I live in 'dry heat' and we only have to worry about a little bit of humidity over the winter so we use 'DriZees', but I wouldn't think that would be enough for high humidity. We'd thought about using them when we were at FtW but the humidity wasn't super bad (early May).
Plug in electric one.

We were mostly missed by Cristobal...but, have no fear, the front that came through yesterday managed to flood the streets in an hour.

because the 100 year old generator/pump system broke down again.

Apparently changing that stuff is totally impossible. Or even repairing it, seeing as one of the power sources went down in December and they couldn’t repair it before June.

yes, I’m aware this is what I get for living in a swamp.

Right now 3:13pm per Weather Channel:
107 degrees
5% humidity
23 dewpoint

This morning was beautiful. Long walk and bike ride.
Going to pool this evening.

Today's high is supposed to be 102 and all we have is a swamp cooler (old house, older wiring). We're headed into the Sierras for the day where the high will be in the mid-80s, low humidity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!