Temporary bus service from DHS to Epcot resorts

luvallprincesses

DIS Veteran
How frequent/convenient are the buses from DHS to Boardwalk now that the Friendship boats are not running that route? We need to get from an 8:20 breakfast ADR at DHS to a 10:30-11:30 FEA fastpass at Epcot next week. When booking this combo we were looking forward to a relaxing boat ride to digest. Disney changed that up for us after our 60 day FP window and now it’s not convenient at all. Now I’m thinking we’ll bus to Boardwalk and then either catch the boat or walk (2 preschoolers and grandparents in our party.).

1. Is it one bus that stops at BC/YC, Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin? If so, in which order are the stops? (Since we could get off at BC and walk.)
2. I know our other option is the front of Epcot. I’d rather avoid the front of the park/security at 9:30 am.

We stayed at the Yacht Club June 2-10. We also booked our trip keeping the boat ride in mind. They had one bus for YC/BC and one bus for BW, Swan and Dolphin. I don't know the order of the latters stops. I hope this helps you some!

Okay, first of all OP, you can just go out the front entrance of DHS and catch the bus for either the beach club or boardwalk if you want to enter EPCOT through the IG. Just be aware that once you enter the park from there you will have to go to the left and around the FW side of the WS Lagoon and enter the WS at Mexico to get to FEA that early. Because the rest of the WS isn't open past France (for the bakery) until 11am.

have fun! :)

Okay, first of all OP, you can just go out the front entrance of DHS and catch the bus for either the beach club or boardwalk if you want to enter EPCOT through the IG. Just be aware that once you enter the park from there you will have to go to the left and around the FW side of the WS Lagoon and enter the WS at Mexico to get to FEA that early. Because the rest of the WS isn't open past France (for the bakery) until 11am.

have fun! :)
Yep that’s exactly the intended plan. I’d much prefer to walk through UK, Canada, Mexico without crowds of people in Futureworld.

Does anyone know how often the busses from DHS to the resorts are coming, as regular as any bus?

Yep that’s exactly the intended plan. I’d much prefer to walk through UK, Canada, Mexico without crowds of people in Futureworld.

Does anyone know how often the busses from DHS to the resorts are coming, as regular as any bus?
They are just like any other bus

We ended up walking during our trip. I know you referred to ages in your group (though we are grandparents, and it was no issue for us) since I am of the opinion that I'd rather walk for 10 min to reach BWI (how long it takes even me, who is slow) than stand for 10 min (or maybe even longer, since you have no idea how long it will be) waiting on a bus. I prefer being in motion towards my destination over waiting on the bus or even the boat. Walking is faster than the boat in every case.

I've seen June 23rd as the date they are trying to get it done by. That would make sense because Toy Story Land is set to open the following week.

Phew, bad enough i’m Starting to question whether TSL will meet the announced opening based upon some of the blogs

They are just like any other bus

We ended up walking during our trip. I know you referred to ages in your group (though we are grandparents, and it was no issue for us) since I am of the opinion that I'd rather walk for 10 min to reach BWI (how long it takes even me, who is slow) than stand for 10 min (or maybe even longer, since you have no idea how long it will be) waiting on a bus. I prefer being in motion towards my destination over waiting on the bus or even the boat. Walking is faster than the boat in every case.

I like your logic. I would absolutely walk if it were just my immediate family. Maybe we could even start off the walk and then boat from Boardwalk if it’s not going well for my mom considering we’re going all the way to Norway. That would break it up if we need to.

I like your logic. I would absolutely walk if it were just my immediate family. Maybe we could even start off the walk and then boat from Boardwalk if it’s not going well for my mom considering we’re going all the way to Norway. That would break it up if we need to.
Good idea. Or even plan enough time to stop and sit on a bench and enjoy the Boardwalk for a few minutes, as a break. There are any number of tables and chairs or benches in the area.

And also, in case it is something that would even work better for you, there's always the chance of moving your FP. Granted, if that time works better for other things, then you wouldn't want to but if moving it up gave you more time to get over there, check. Even FEA has them come up, especially starting about 24 hours before, when folks start to move plans around.

And personally, I'd wait till right at 11:00 to get to Epcot, so you could just walk straight over from IG. I believe people have measured and found it fairly even no matter which way you go but going straight through WS seems shorter to me. And I can grab a beer in Germany on the way ;)

And personally, I'd wait till right at 11:00 to get to Epcot, so you could just walk straight over from IG. I believe people have measured and found it fairly even no matter which way you go but going straight through WS seems shorter to me. And I can grab a beer in Germany on the way ;)
^^^This, with one small change. You can probably arrive at the IG entrance to Epcot, enter and head through the World Showcase toward France a few minutes before 11:00 depending on your walking speed, since you can walk all the way to the boundary between France and Morocco and wait at the rope for the rest of WS to open at 11:00. Although the distance around the lagoon might be about the same going in either direction, the walk just as the WS opens will be practically guest free, so both more pleasant and probably quicker than dealing with the crowds when going through in the FW direction. That’s one of the best times to be in the WS,since it takes a while before park guests move over from FW and fill the space up.

Or Minnie van it. I didn’t think busses went from resort to resort? So walking to boardwalk and then catching bus to beach club wouldn’t work. Or were you thinking of catching beach/yacht club bus from DHS? That would work.
My experience last week was NOT good trying to catch Epcot bus from Studios. 45 minute wait late afternoon - I actually mentioned something to GS about it because if your going to limit options to one way then you’d better be good at that one way.
Not sure walking paths open with bridge work being done either?

Or Minnie van it. I didn’t think busses went from resort to resort? So walking to boardwalk and then catching bus to beach club wouldn’t work. Or were you thinking of catching beach/yacht club bus from DHS? That would work.
My experience last week was NOT good trying to catch Epcot bus from Studios. 45 minute wait late afternoon - I actually mentioned something to GS about it because if your going to limit options to one way then you’d better be good at that one way.
We can’t all fit in one Minnie Van. Don’t want to pay for 2. I was talking about catching a bus from DHS to either BWI or BC/YC then walking or boating to IG.
I appreciate your feedback about a long wait for the bus, we probably won’t do that then unless we happen to see one pull up.
I’ve been told the walking path is open.
Where are the temporary bus “stations” at DHS to get to BWI, YC/BC? Would we be walking by them on the way to the path or are they on the other side where most resort busses are?

Walking Path is open. Bridge work is being done on the bridge that goes to Swan/Dolphin, which is where the boat has to go under and why it can't run, and has no impact on walking between HS and Epcot, as you don't use any bridge at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter