Ten Attractions You Could Do Without

Sassagoula Billy

DIS Veteran
Are you ready for an even more improbable question (thanks to the insights of fellow DIS'er Goofyerenmost (sp?))?

This one is the height of unrealistic musings.

I mean truly.

What are the top TEN, or worst TEN attractions at the Reedy Creek Walt Disney World Resort Vacation Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Florida?

What have you done and said, "well that was that!" Or, what have you not done and said, "haha, like that's gonna happen."?

List them here because this is the Community Board, so let's commune!

Hmmmm. That's a toughie. I have a couple, but don't think I could come up with 10.

Swiss Family Treehouse
Tiki Room
Stitch's Alien whatevertheheckitis
Kinda over the Indiana Jones stunt show -- seen and enjoyed it but moving on
Any of the movies, Circlevision or otherwise, in World Showcase
The train ride to Rafiki at AK

1. The Stupid Narnia Attraction at DHS
2. DH just walked in. His is....the wheat buns at Casey's....for us the hotdogs were an attraction...now, not so much
3. Stitch's Great Escape...just...:sad2: But the hotdog burp made my 64 year old Mother gag...that was funny.
4. The Bride in the attic at HM...just totally keep my eyes closed, but DH loves the ride and I love DH.
5. The Figment/Imagination ride at EPCOT
6. The Backlot Tour--once was enough, repeat, once was enough, repeat...
7. The Great Movie Ride, depending on the CM's participation
8. The Tiki Room
9. Swiss Family Treehouse--only did that once.

and the tenth most assume un attraction at WDW in Florida is.....

Disney Quest...because I am 42 and didn't do arcades in the 80'2 either....so DH and I went once on our first trip in 2002 and haven't been back.

Actually...that's a bit easier then the last one.

1. Dumbo
2. Pooh
3. Snow White
4. Captain EO
5. The steamboat ride (I can't remember the official name)
6. Tom Sawyer Island
7. Buzz Lightyear
8. Robinson Tree House
9. The Race Track (another one whose name escapes me for the moment. Think smelly, barely moving go carts)
10. The Animation area in DHS.

As you can see...most of these are in MK, but that's because I was limited to ten.

:lmao: Man you ditched the Classics, that's harsh. ( I think they are a bit lame but rank high up there on nostalgia kicks)

1.TOT
2.RnRC
3.Mission: Space
4. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
5. Indy Speedway/Raceway
6.Teacups
7.Dinosaur
8.Chester and Hester Dinorama
9.Stitch's Great Escape
10. King Stefan's Carousel

Oh no I love ToT and Rockin RC!!!!!

I dont like:
1 Dinosuar
2 A Bugs Life
3 Stich's Great Escape
4 Big Thunder Railroad
5 The Three Callabaros (Sp?)
6 Living with the Land
7 Star Wars ( IM SORRY!! It's just soooo bumpy & ROUGH!!!)
8 The Stunt Show thing with the driving cars in HS
9 :confused3
10 The trip back home!!!!! :rotfl:

Oh no I love ToT and Rockin RC!!!!!

I dont like:
1 Dinosuar
2 A Bugs Life
3 Stich's Great Escape
4 Big Thunder Railroad
5 The Three Callabaros (Sp?)
6 Living with the Land
7 Star Wars ( IM SORRY!! It's just soooo bumpy & ROUGH!!!)
8 The Stunt Show thing with the driving cars in HS
9 :confused3
10 The trip back home!!!!! :rotfl:

Sorry, thrill rides aren't really my cup of tea.

Ten attractions? Pretty easy.

1. Tower of Terror- I am not usually a ride chicken, but I went on this once and that's enough.
2. That Narnia thing
3. Studio tour- once you have been on the studio tour in Universal Hollywood, this feels like a ripoff, especially since there aren't any actual movie sets on the tour.
4. Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show- In my opinion this isn't a show worth sitting in the heat to watch. If it was below 75 degrees, then I might do it.
5. Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride/ Dumbo- These are pretty much the same ride. We don't have kids, so they can be skipped.
6. Mad Tea Party- no need to make myself dizzy
7. Tomorrowland Speedway- again something I might do if it was under 75 degrees, but not under other circumstances
8. Tom Sawyer Island- I have never been there at WDW, and don't see that changing in the future. Maybe if we had a kid with us...
9. A Bug's Life- I hate the part when you get poked in the back.
10. The absolute worst ride is the Magical Express back to the airport. I'd avoid that every time if I could.

My wife keeps telling me to put It's a Small World on this list, but I absolutely love that ride. It was closed last time we were at WDW, so the way I see it, she owes me like 10 rides on it next time we are at either Disneyland or MAgic Kingdom.

1. The Sorcerer Mickey Hat (It's an attraction to me. It attracts negativity.)

2. Wishes! (Like riding in a minivan while My Little Pony plays on a loop.)

3. Journey Into Imagination with Figment (Figment deserves so much better than this bloody concoction.)

4. Studio Backlot Tour (The Ghost of MGM Studios Past)

5. Tomorrowland Speedway (The future of 1955, today!)

6. The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management (Blasphemy.)

7. The Jungle Cruise (Haven't had a good skipper in over a decade, and a lousy skipper is like cheap wine at the Plaza Hotel. Yeah you're at the Plaza, but you can't get the bad taste out of your mouth.)

8. The Many Adventures of Winnie-The-Pooh (Cheap cheap cheap.)

9. Mission: Space (Boring.)

10. The Great Movie Ride (Mannered, lost its "spark" ages ago... whereas Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and other audio-animatronic attractions remain forever young. Also, dreadful CMs make the dreary even drearier.)

Honorable Mentions:
Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, The Carousel of Progress, Space Mountain

All four of them are maintenance nightmares. They deserve better. Until then, I'd rather skip 'em.

In no particular order:

Stitch's Great Escape
Epcot's Movie in France
Sound's Dangerous
Triceratops Spin
Monster's Inc Laugh Floor
Ellen's Energy Adventure
Playhouse Disney -- my DD is too old
Kali River Rapids in the cold
Snow Whites Scary Adventure (or whatever it's called)
Circle of Life in Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter