Ten Reasons. "I'm Going Solo Because..."

1. I'm on a business trip so airfare is covered (my company let me move the return flight if I want to take leave after the business trip)

1. I like having 10+ Fastpass per day.

2. I like getting a Fastpass to a ride in which I am currently on the Fastpass line waiting to board.

3. Being the first person out of every show while the poor unfortunate souls are still looking around making sure no one is lost and they have all their belongings

4. Mobile order is like a cheat code.

5. Dont have to camp 1 hour for parade/fireworks.

6. Yes I am going to Tom Sawyer Island, find an empty rockin chair and stay there for 1 hour.

Because I want to get up when I want to get up and make my coffee and sit out on the balcony/patio and not worry about waking your sleeping &*())

Because if the only meal I want to eat today is a Margarita and chips/guac/queso at La Cava I can.

Because if I want to watch all the shows at WS and then just sit and drink a glass of wine and watch all the people I can.

Because, yes I enjoy CoP and the Peoplemover and I'm going to ride them more than once.

Because I can get out of the bathtub and walk into the room nekid as a jaybird and not worry about burning anyone's eyeballs out.

Because I do like sitting outside at Nomad Lounge instead of inside, even if it's hot.

Yes, I'm going to sit in this hot tub with a refreshing adult beverage all afternoon.

Because I can ride BTM and Alien Space whatevers and it won't hurt my back so I'm gonna

Yes, I do want to watch the movie at the resort and not go to the parks

And finally, because I can do what I want when I want and not have to worry about if it's going to make anyone but me happy.

I know we have just been on this ride, but I want to go back on again and maybe a third or fourth time in a row, instead of walking with purpose to the other end of the park to ride your favorite ride.

Yes I know we have been here for 12 hours and you are tired but I'm not, and I don't want to leave

Shock , horror I have no interest in meeting characters

I really don't want to eat more fries and pizza , I want to have a nice meal but we can't cos of your food allergies / budget / picky eaters

or in my case ... because I’m that person with the food allergies that means we carry most of our own food and have to be very selective about where we do eat and therefore you’ll get frustrated in a day or two with what I live with daily. Also for some reason even if I offer to only have a drink while you eat a meal somewhere there’s nothing I can eat, you don’t want to go because you feel uncomfortable eating when I’m not. Sometimes solo travel is so freeing 😀.

I have had a very long week and ALL of you just made my day. I'm not going solo anytime soon, which is fine. But some of these statements are hilarious! Thank you!

This thread has come at the right time. I have been having major wobbles about leaving the kids at home.
Please, people, tell me it's OK to need to sleep on my own schedule, and ONLY worry about my food preferences and MY time use, and what *I* want to do.
I mean, I don't even entirely know what it is that I want to do. (I am getting cross with myself for worrying about FP day when really, just being at WDW is awesome, and I *need* a rest and I can definitely book good Fps, and why do I care if I don't get to do stuff that wasn't even there the last time I was.
I have booked awesome ADRs that my kids wouldn't go anywhere near.
And, I do need, with actual need, to not be weighed down by all of everyone else. Just for a little bit.

This thread has come at the right time. I have been having major wobbles about leaving the kids at home.
Please, people, tell me it's OK to need to sleep on my own schedule, and ONLY worry about my food preferences and MY time use, and what *I* want to do.
I mean, I don't even entirely know what it is that I want to do. (I am getting cross with myself for worrying about FP day when really, just being at WDW is awesome, and I *need* a rest and I can definitely book good Fps, and why do I care if I don't get to do stuff that wasn't even there the last time I was.
I have booked awesome ADRs that my kids wouldn't go anywhere near.
And, I do need, with actual need, to not be weighed down by all of everyone else. Just for a little bit.
I relate to everything you said! I’m mama to 5, two of whom have special needs. My first solo trip to WDW was 6 years ago, and boy did I need it. It was so wonderful to realize that I could slow down, enjoy, and decompress. Being able to do anything or nothing as I wished was delightful. I now go yearly, and I could down the days between trips.
You truly do deserve to do this and to enjoy every minute without guilt. Enjoy those ADRs and the great FPs you can get when you are just looking for one! I’ll be in the World 4/27-5/3. If you happen to be there at the same time, let’s go grab a bite or see a show together!

I relate to everything you said! I’m mama to 5, two of whom have special needs. My first solo trip to WDW was 6 years ago, and boy did I need it. It was so wonderful to realize that I could slow down, enjoy, and decompress. Being able to do anything or nothing as I wished was delightful. I now go yearly, and I could down the days between trips.
You truly do deserve to do this and to enjoy every minute without guilt. Enjoy those ADRs and the great FPs you can get when you are just looking for one! I’ll be in the World 4/27-5/3. If you happen to be there at the same time, let’s go grab a bite or see a show together!
I wish I was now! I will be there 8th - 13th June. Both my kids are on the autism spectrum (One of them is diagnosed, the other is in the process) so, travelling with them, while lovely, is a very different thing than travelling alone.

...because I've been trying to plan a trip with a friend for three years and if I kept waiting for them, I'd never get to go.

...because I can get as hydrated as I want to without being worried about stopping at the restroom every two hours.

...because Disney is so relaxing this way. Yes, I said relaxing... not something people often associate with a theme park.

...because I can do things that others think are boring, without compromising.

...because I'm a theme park nerd and I want to study the details and see how they operate the place without boring anyone else.

Trips with friends are fun, but I also love to have fun on my own.

I just got home from my second solo trip to WDW and I can relate to all of these reasons why it's the absolute best! I got to experience 29 new things in 4 days, I hopped to whatever park had a great FP available (Slinky Dog same day FP scored)! I ate Dole Whip and sat on the beach at the Poly listening to the relaxing background music for almost an hour, I sat in the lobby of the Grand Floridian listening to the amazing piano player and band, then I got back on the Monorail and went back to the Poly to sit on the beach again. It was magical.
For 20 years I dreamed of going back to my happy place but never did because my family didn't want to go. I am so glad I got the courage to go on my own. Life is short, go have fun and live your best life!

...because I planned on getting up early and getting to MK at rope drop but decided to sleep in instead.

I have no significant other and I want to go!

One of my top reasons! Most of my friends are married with their own families, I'm currently single, and my parents aren't the biggest of Disney fans so.....I want to go and the heck with it, I am!

I also love being spontaneous and doing what I want, whenever I want. I did DL solo unexpectedly and it was absolutely wonderful.

Another one...no one judging how many Mickey Bars I can crush in a single day...!

Because...

I'm tired of waiting to eat the food that was just served to me so you can take photos of it.

I'm going to browse in every store I walk by in the park, even though they mostly sell the same merchandise.

I don't want to fight the crowds to find the "perfect" spot to see the fireworks.

You have to go to the bathroom again???

I'd rather spend $100 on an item I can take home than on one meal.

I don't care about doing as many attractions as possible. I just want to sit in this quiet nook of this beautiful resort and read my book for awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!