Ten Reasons. "I'm Going Solo Because..."

I’ve put the down payment on a solo camping trip for right after Labor Day. I will probably book FastPass‘s ahead of time but I hate planning so I’m hoping the crowds are low and I can just wonder around and do whatever. Though I am afraid I’m going to pay for a 7 day park hopper and then not use it enough because I’m relaxing at my campsite or resort hopping because I still have yet to see all the resorts.

I’ve put the down payment on a solo camping trip for right after Labor Day. I will probably book FastPass‘s ahead of time but I hate planning so I’m hoping the crowds are low and I can just wonder around and do whatever. Though I am afraid I’m going to pay for a 7 day park hopper and then not use it enough because I’m relaxing at my campsite or resort hopping because I still have yet to see all the resorts.

Wow solo camping! Have you camped solo before? Tent camping? I seriously considered a cabin for my next trip (cheapest available option) but thought it might be too difficult without a car.

Wow solo camping! Have you camped solo before? Tent camping? I seriously considered a cabin for my next trip (cheapest available option) but thought it might be too difficult without a car.

As I was typing my previous comment I was trying to remember if I really ever did camp without my kids. The other summer I decided to go to a state park at the last minute but a friend ended up showing up the next day and then spending the night.
Also, No tent. I don't sleep on the ground anymore. I have a pop-up camper that I'll be towing from Pennsylvania. For me the pop-up/tent sites during hurricane season are the cheapest option.

Because it's hard enough for me to deal with my social anxiety and migraines that pop out of nowhere, let alone anyone else. Plus, well, my love he deals with severe social anxiety too and I think the parks are just too much for him at this point. And, hey, I can ride those rides when most would want to watch a parade/show/fireworks.

B E C A U S E

I am partially retired now. I only work for hubby and don’t really punch a clock anymore. I’m on Social Security. Hubby doesn’t like Disney as much, I do. Life is too short. I can sleep in if I want, go to Magic Kingdom and ride SDMT as much as I want. Get on the monorail and do the Monorail Crawl if I want

"Then I don't have to explain why I'm eating a Mickey Bar at nine in the morning"

"I can't bear to see my head explode again...as you continue to sleep at 8:30am"

"Tent camping DOES appeal to me"

"Why YES, I AM going to sit on this bench, eat my Dole Whip, and just watch people be happy for twenty minutes"

"I want to see what happens when I DON'T wait in line for an hour to ride an attraction that doesn't appeal to me"

"I'd like to have a very mild hangover at tomorrow's rope drop"

"I want to take four breaths in a row where I don't have to count all of you"

"I've gleaned all I can from the experience of continually taking inventory of your personal possessions"

"I've run out of NEW ways to convince you to stop nagging your sister"

"I actually WANT to hear the Dapper Dans finish their performance"
I have an annual pass for universal and live in the NE. I go there alone and to be completely honest, It’s amazing. Just sitting and people watching is great! Doing what you want is great! DOING NOTHING is ironically entertaining. Like “I don’t have to do anything because I don’t want to do anything!”
Enjoy the solo trip!

I'm not going on a solo trip (yet), but the one that immediately comes to mind that I think applies to a lot of people here:

Everything I can buy/pay for when I'm not having to pay for admission, food, and souvenirs for other people (SOs, DCs...)

...because I've been trying to plan a trip with a friend for three years and if I kept waiting for them, I'd never get to go.

...because I can get as hydrated as I want to without being worried about stopping at the restroom every two hours.

...because Disney is so relaxing this way. Yes, I said relaxing... not something people often associate with a theme park.

...because I can do things that others think are boring, without compromising.

...because I'm a theme park nerd and I want to study the details and see how they operate the place without boring anyone else.

Trips with friends are fun, but I also love to have fun on my own.
This sounds so much like me. Going solo first week of May. Can't wait.

(first WDW solo trip this June)

I'm going solo because...

...I want freedom to do whatever I want without worrying about others.

...I want to experience flying solo.

...I can eat/drink anytime (or ALL the time! Haha)

...I can splurge on anything since it's just me, myself and I.

...no one will complain.

...I need some quality alone time and it's way easier to plan and organize the trip if I am the only one I have to please.

...I want to explore on my own pace. (Rode drop to fireworks!)

...a solo Disney trip has always been on my bucket list.

...I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

...I wanted to break out of my shell and meet new people. Just get out there and live life to the fullest.

The crowds are ridiculously low the week after Labor Day. I'd book Fastpasses- but you'd only use a few of them (Mine Train, Slinky Dog, and FOP).

Went solo on this week in 2018- and going to be there this year. Staying at Boardwalk- got a great deal on a club level room. Can't wait!

If I change my mind about which Park I want to do when I get to the bus stop.

I can go and have a frappachino and blueberry scone and sit people watching at DHS.

I can go tell Kylo Ren to call his Mom without embarrassed looks from others.

I can do what I want, where I want, when I want.

"Then I don't have to explain why I'm eating a Mickey Bar at nine in the morning"

And I found out that a No Way Jose sundae also makes a great breakfast. When I go solo, my eating habits aren't the most healthy.

In the days before FP+, I would often go out to the bus stop and just take the first bus to whichever park it was going to. It was usually my first day tradition-a way of reminding myself that there is no schedule, completely spontaneous, live in the moment, etc. Sadly, that's not so do-able any more, now that we have FP+. It's probably my only regret about FP+ now.

I’m going solo because I am very much a loner. I don’t like doing anything with anybody. I find it frustrating when I am with someone because we usually disagree on what to do. When I go solo I don’t have to worry and can do what I want, when I want.

Great Thread! I love the liberating energy of these posts. There is nothing like a solo trip to Disney World!

Because I love to people watch, could do it all day really.

Because I could go on Big Thunder Mountain as many times as I want.

Three words: Single. Rider. Line.

...because social distancing for a party of 1 is just way more achievable.

In all seriousness though, I’ve never done a solo trip but I did negotiate my way into a solo morning a couple trips back and it was pure heaven! The freedom to do what I wanted when I wanted without a group consensus was “magical”. I am definitely putting a solo trip on my bucket list.

I thought of another one just now—being spontaneous is so much easier solo. My weekend trip in November was awesome for that. Saturday night I ate at Crew’s Cup lounge at YC and kinda didn’t know what to do with myself afterwards except I did NOT want to go back to Epcot due to F&W insanity. So I decided to go for a walk and on a whim walked over to the Studios just to check out the Xmas decorations, and do whatever the mood struck. I rode Star Tours in standby since the wait was really short, then I decided to see Galaxy’s Edge for the first time. Ended up soaking in the gorgeous nighttime atmosphere and rode Falcon single rider. I hit up Toy Story Mania on the way out as a walk on since the park was closing. Then I walked back to Epcot to see the new fireworks. It was probably the most chill night I’ve ever had there.

I love going with my gf but there’s a freedom to solo trips that’s really special.
That all sounds so wonderful :) I especially like the wandering to HS and just doing what you want. What a treat!
Unfortunately, I am introverted and shy and probably will never do this alone. But I love hearing what others have done:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts