Tender or not in St. Thomas?

outahere

DIS Veteran
I have seen several questions/concerns on other threads about where the Magic will dock in St. Thomas, so I thought I would pass along this somewhat useful web site for anyone traveling on the Magic Eastern intinerary: www.ships.vi. It also has a picture of the St. Thomas harbor that is updated fairly frequently.

That site lists the ships scheduled to be in St. Thomas and where they will dock (click on the month on the left side of their page for the schedule). The far right column is the docking location. If it says "WICO", that is the main pier in St. Thomas. It may also say "Inner Anchorage" which is the main harbor, and you will have to tender to land. The only ship I have ever seen listed as "Outer Anchorage" is the SS Norway, which has a draft that is too deep to allow it into the inner harbor.

Hope this helps............

I've been to St. Thomas on both the Disney Magic and NCL's Norway. It's SO nice to be docked and just walk off the Disney ship!! Tendering in from the Norway was such a pain, IMO, but she does have like a 28 foot draft so there's no choice.
I'm glad I'll be returning there next month on the Magic, though! :)

'Beano':cool:

I've been there three times on the Norway and tendering in can be a pain..... especially when it gets close to the ship's departure time and everyone is trying to get back on board.

We'll be there on the Magic for the 10 day Christmas cruise next year, and I hope we will be at the pier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter