Tent Sites

neatokimmo

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me which tent site/loop I should request? Or which sites to avoid if possible? It's our first Fort trip :) Thanks!

Can someone tell me which tent site/loop I should request? Or which sites to avoid if possible? It's our first Fort trip :) Thanks!
That's such a subjective question. It really all depends on what you want..

Anyway the 1500 and 2000 loops I believe are the "Tent" (or more specifically, the Partial) loops. You can "Tent" in any of the loops though but the Premium sites don't really have a suitable (soft) pad for tents. It's mostly concrete.

I hear the 1500 is a better loop but it's also smaller (maybe why it's better). Really take a look at the map http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fort-wilderness-map-1.jpg and consider what is important to you. Location to bus, CS, other facilities, etc...

What loop to request (if you do so) depends on what you want in a vacation.

If you want peace and quiet with a bigger tent site and don't mind having to walk a little further or bus internally, 2000 loop is the choice. It is a big loop (nearly 70 campsites and 2 Comfort Stations).

If you want to be within close walking distance of the main pool, trading post, and campfire/singalong area, 1500 is the choice. The sites here skew toward the smaller side with some variability. It is a smaller loop with about 22 sites and shares one Comfort Station with loop 1600.

1500 seems to be most requested as it is usually pretty full compared to 2000 at the same time (it's my favorite when I want to put my popup in a tent site). I have some pictures of 1500 so show the variability of size. I think this is 1501 and has a small tent site.

Here is 1510 which has a few trees on the tent pad which would hinder the one-huge-tent approach.

Site 1512 has a HUGE tent pad - over 50 feet deep and very wide.

I don't have as many pictures of 2000 but they are all good sized.

Bama Ed

For people that have stayed in 1500, is it a bit of a hike to the CS from some sites on the north side of the loop? With the CS between there and 1600, that's really the only thing I'm worried about. I think I can deal with a potentially smaller pad.

I recommend a loop that has only tents or pop-ups, so you won't be camping right next to an RV. When doing the initial booking, only select a "Tent or Pop-Up Campsite" (the cheapest category), not one of the other 3 categories, which all accomodate RVs.

We camped in the 2000 loop and found it peaceful and pretty. It's not centrally located, but Fort Wilderness is not hard to get around.

For people that have stayed in 1500, is it a bit of a hike to the CS from some sites on the north side of the loop? With the CS between there and 1600, that's really the only thing I'm worried about. I think I can deal with a potentially smaller pad.

The shared Comfort Station is very close to/not far from the furthest end of 1500. It's perhaps the smallest loop at the Fort. Probably it and 1100.

Nothing to worry about in that respect, Cosmic.

Bama Ed

The shared Comfort Station is very close to/not far from the furthest end of 1500. It's perhaps the smallest loop at the Fort. Probably it and 1100.

Nothing to worry about in that respect, Cosmic.

Bama Ed
Thanks. I usually find that campground maps make things seem further away than they are, but I figured I would check.

Our tent is twenty feet long, I think I will request 1512. I know it isn't guaranteed but a fifty foot pad would hold our canopies too.

What loop to request (if you do so) depends on what you want in a vacation.

If you want peace and quiet with a bigger tent site and don't mind having to walk a little further or bus internally, 2000 loop is the choice. It is a big loop (nearly 70 campsites and 2 Comfort Stations).

If you want to be within close walking distance of the main pool, trading post, and campfire/singalong area, 1500 is the choice. The sites here skew toward the smaller side with some variability. It is a smaller loop with about 22 sites and shares one Comfort Station with loop 1600.

1500 seems to be most requested as it is usually pretty full compared to 2000 at the same time (it's my favorite when I want to put my popup in a tent site). I have some pictures of 1500 so show the variability of size. I think this is 1501 and has a small tent site.

Here is 1510 which has a few trees on the tent pad which would hinder the one-huge-tent approach.

Site 1512 has a HUGE tent pad - over 50 feet deep and very wide.

I don't have as many pictures of 2000 but they are all good sized.

Bama Ed

Just bear in mind your request for specific loop and/or site is just that, DISNEY will try to honor it based on availability at check in

Just bear in mind your request for specific loop and/or site is just that, DISNEY will try to honor it based on availability at check in

That is why we try to check in on a weekday, always hoping for more openings. So far we are 50 percent on getting our requests. But as I have said before, I am at the Fort doing Disney, so I really don't care where I am parked.

Our tent is twenty feet long, I think I will request 1512. I know it isn't guaranteed but a fifty foot pad would hold our canopies too.

A tent that size, neatokimmo, is pretty big so you should call the Disney reservation line and ask them to add a note to your reservation with your tent size. Hopefully a CM will see it and ensure you get a tent site that will hold a tent that big.

If I were you when I arrived at the Fort, even if I used Early On-line check-in, I would stop at the lobby and verify whatever site I was assigned will handle my tent. The Cast Members at the Front Desk and Checkin Lanes have a large binder with dimension information for every camp site.

Good luck with your trip.

Bama Ed

That is why we try to check in on a weekday, always hoping for more openings. So far we are 50 percent on getting our requests. But as I have said before, I am at the Fort doing Disney, so I really don't care where I am parked.
Could not agree more with you Chris I am at the Fort and DISNEY as long as I am Near a dog walking area everything else is GRAVY

A tent that size, neatokimmo, is pretty big so you should call the Disney reservation line and ask them to add a note to your reservation with your tent size. Hopefully a CM will see it and ensure you get a tent site that will hold a tent that big.

If I were you when I arrived at the Fort, even if I used Early On-line check-in, I would stop at the lobby and verify whatever site I was assigned will handle my tent. The Cast Members at the Front Desk and Checkin Lanes have a large binder with dimension information for every camp site.

Good luck with your trip.

Bama Ed
Neatokimmo heed this advice from Bama Ed as he is a very wise man who should be listened to like an honored elder statesman

Neatokimmo heed this advice from Bama Ed as he is a very wise man who should be listened to like an honored elder statesman

Dude, did you just call me old? That doesn't make me happy....

giphy.gif

Ol' Man ED

Ed, I would never call you OLD I said you exhibit the wisdom of an Elder Statesman. However if YOU find it to be an appropriate adjective in your self description please feel free to use it. We won't judge.

However if YOU find it to be an appropriate adjective in your self description please feel free to use it. We won't judge.

My ol' self is in the 2017 WDW Marathon results.

Again. :cool2:

Ol' Man ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter