Tepan Edo on DDP

amyecpa

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me what you can order on the dining plan? Are the hand rolls/sushi considered an eligible appetizer? Can you add anything to your entree’ like tuna? Thanks in advance!

Can someone tell me what you can order on the dining plan? Are the hand rolls/sushi considered an eligible appetizer? Can you add anything to your entree’ like tuna? Thanks in advance!

I can't answer the app question, but if by adding to the entrée you mean the things listed as sides, then no you cannot add it without paying the extra charge.

Which dining plan do you have?

Regular dining plan allows an entree, dessert and beverage. A soup or salad is included. Anything else (sides, appetizers, etc....) is an additional charge.

To do the app you need Deluxe, so I assume you have Deluxe? The only things that count as Apps is the actual apps, not the rolls. We got the spare ribs and the tempura veg. The apps are truely single size, not shareable apps. So keep that in mind. Most apps are shareable size, so we were surprised (tho still had more than enough food).

On another thread you said you have the regular DDP and asked about ordering an appetizer as your entree, but now you are asking about eligible appetizers. The regular DDP (1 Table Service, 1 Counter Service and 2 Snacks per night per person) does not include an appetizer so at Teppan Edo, whether the sushi is eligible or not wouldn't matter. The TS credit includes just an entree, dessert and a beverage. It does not include any items with a price point in a separate category titled Appetizers, Soup, Salad, Add Ons, Enhancements or Side Dishes. You can order any of these items, but you will have to pay Out of Pocket for them.

On another thread you said you have the regular DDP and asked about ordering an appetizer as your entree, but now you are asking about eligible appetizers. The regular DDP (1 Table Service, 1 Counter Service and 2 Snacks per night per person) does not include an appetizer so at Teppan Edo, whether the sushi is eligible or not wouldn't matter. The TS credit includes just an entree, dessert and a beverage. It does not include any items with a price point in a separate category titled Appetizers, Soup, Salad, Add Ons, Enhancements or Side Dishes. You can order any of these items, but you will have to pay Out of Pocket for them.
I was actually asking for my in-laws on the DDxP. I’m sorry that I didn’t have my abbreviations correct...

I was actually asking for my in-laws on the DDxP. I’m sorry that I didn’t have my abbreviations correct...
Sorry, I did not realize that your family has both the DDP and the DxDDP. :)

That makes a difference. Sushi is often listed as a separate category and with the DxDDP at some restaurants it can be ordered as the appetizer and/or entree (e.g. California Grill) while at others it is excluded (e.g. Teppan Edo per Aela upthread) so you will have to ask at each restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!