Test Track Question

Sydnoahmom

Mouseketeer
I get moition sick on a lot of rollercoasters and rides that spin and jerk. How is Test Track? I hear you go about 65mph, so how does it compare to 65 mph on the interstate? I definately have to skip simulators - Star Tours, Body Wars and M:S. but am thinking about trying TT, maybe BTMRR and would love to try SM. I'm too chicken to try Dramamine and such.

What's your advice?

It reminds me a lot of driving a convertible at the same speed...You do take a curve pretty quickly, and inside you go on some curvy roads, but I definitely think it's a lot like riding in a car.

If your car's suspension is as bad as test track, and is as unreliable, then you need to get it to a mechanic!

But seriously, it's fast, but not at all motion sickness inducing. Mind you, I have yet to encounter a ride that scares me or makes me feel sick.

So my opinion's probably useless. Ah well, never mind (working off jetlag from my WDW trip is great fun! It's 4:24am here, and I've not been to bed yet!)

I get VERY motion sick, and am afraid of heights, but I have done TT and thought it fine. Didn't get sick or anything. I don't do ANY simulators, and get so motion sick that even in some of the "tamer" movies where they do "warp" speed stuff I have to close my eyes til it's over.
BTW, I've also done TOT and SM with no ill effects. Hubby is trying to talk me into RR for December, but I doubt it!!! :earseek:

I hate simulated rides (can't do Body Wars, Mission Space, Back to the Future, etc.), but I have no trouble whatsoever on Test Track - I love it. As a matter of fact, we were there in the summer and my aunt (who is 85 YEARS OLD!) rode Test Track and loved it (although she did have her eyes closed most of the time LOL)

I would give it try.

I feel that this ride is very tame. The poster who described it to riding in a convertible is right on.

I hear all of you about motion sickness! I'm the Queen here. (I even avoid certain routes in residential areas if I have to make too many 'turns', and I'm not kidding!)

TT, however, did well w/me, and I still love BTMRR.

You couldn't give me the winning lotto numbers (well, maybe) to ride any simulator rides.

Thanks for all of the help! I will definately give TT a try when we are there next year. We just decided to go to the Fort Myers area for Thanksgiving and as long as we are near Orlando....

We only have time for 2 days, though, but 2 days at Disney is better than none at all! My friends think maybe this quick fix will get Disney out of my System. How little they know me!

We have decided to go to Magic Kingdom on Mon. Dec 1 and MGM on Tuesday. If it were up to me (and it's not as we will be with a group of 11 family members in addition to my family of 4) we would go to MVMCP on Tues night. Everyone else has been planning on going for over a year and we just decided a few weeks ago, so we are "just along for the ride."

I've heard not to go to Magic Kingdom on Mondays as it's very crowded. What's your experience, anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter