Test Track Refurbishment - 1/13/20-2/26/20

Oh no! We’ll be there in late January and I was hoping to take my son on it for the first time.

Nooooo! My son loves that ride and we'll be there right in the middle of the refurb. Why would they refurb a ride at Epcot when the park is already half construction????

Can´t believe! So sad!! My sun watches Test Track ride everyday at youtube, wating for our trip in Jan 2020. I really don´t know how I´m gonna tell him that Test track will be closed.

Nooooo! My son loves that ride and we'll be there right in the middle of the refurb. Why would they refurb a ride at Epcot when the park is already half construction????
Well, there's a lot of construction going on at Epcot, but none of the attractions are closed because of it yet (that will change). It's probably time for it's refurbishment, and to prevent it from going down for a longer period of time later. By doing it now, it won't have to go down later when construction really gets going at Epcot.

Well, there's a lot of construction going on at Epcot, but none of the attractions are closed because of it yet (that will change). It's probably time for it's refurbishment, and to prevent it from going down for a longer period of time later. By doing it now, it won't have to go down later when construction really gets going at Epcot.
But a lot of the draw (at least for me) to Epcot is having the open spaces to wander around and enjoy, so this feels like a double hit to me.

I'm just hopeful for two things (my trip starts March 14). First, that the refurb goes according to schedule, because my 7 year old is convinced that he can design a better car than me and I need to prove him wrong. Second, that the Spaceship Earth refurb doesn't start until after we leave!

But a lot of the draw (at least for me) to Epcot is having the open spaces to wander around and enjoy, so this feels like a double hit to me.
True, but World Showcase isn't affected. Only the future world areas are messed up, and the ride will have to go down sometime before all of the construction is finished. It's unfortunate it's during your period though.

I'm a little bummed out since I'd finally found out about the option to take your time designing a car at one of the kiosks in the shop--I was really interested in doing that since I've always felt too rushed in line.

Ahh well. I've read some speculation that this means Spaceship Earth probably won't go down for its two-year refurb until at least February, since it would make sense for them to avoid having two major attractions closed at the same time if they can help it, and this longer refurb should get TT in better shape to avoid unexpected downtime while SE is out. Fingers crossed that it's right and SE is up and running for my trip at the end of January--between the two, SE is more important to me and I'd really like to have a chance to say goodbye to the current version.

Going marathon weekend so I will be able to get in a ride before it goes down. But it definitely needs refurbishment. When I was there at the end of the summer, half of the effects in the ride didn't work properly. And the data displays never changed to the cars that we built. So the ride desperately needs some work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter