Texans in Alaska: Last Sea Day on the Disney Wonder (Completed 8/4/17)

wonderful job!! I guess the pools on the ship are heated? I wouldn't have even thought about packing bathing suits on an Alaska cruise!! we are hoping to do Alaska 2019.

I am so glad I found your trip report! It was a lot of fun reading it! I am definitely going to be sharing it with my husband!

We will be cruising to Alaska with my sister and her family next year on their first Disney cruise. I have two questions about Animator's Palate. Were there any special images on the screens during Frozen night? For example, they show pirates on pirates night if you are in AP 3 times. My second question is about the animation show on the last night. Did you think it was too hectic for the last night? I think my nieces would love to eat there 3 times if there are Frozen pictures, but with the fast pace of the meal and the no appetizer options I am worried it might not be the best last dinner. I hope this makes sense. :)

Thanks again!

What a wonderful cruise. Thanks so much for sharing. It is my dream to get to Alaska one day.

I am so glad I found your trip report! It was a lot of fun reading it! I am definitely going to be sharing it with my husband!

We will be cruising to Alaska with my sister and her family next year on their first Disney cruise. I have two questions about Animator's Palate. Were there any special images on the screens during Frozen night? For example, they show pirates on pirates night if you are in AP 3 times. My second question is about the animation show on the last night. Did you think it was too hectic for the last night? I think my nieces would love to eat there 3 times if there are Frozen pictures, but with the fast pace of the meal and the no appetizer options I am worried it might not be the best last dinner. I hope this makes sense. :)

Thanks again!
Hi pudinhd! You will have a blast next year in Alaska!

I do recall some Frozen images on the screens on the Frozen night, but they were just images, not like the movie playing. It did make for nice theming.

We've always had the animation show on our last night of the cruise. On our past two Fantasy cruises, I felt like it was a little hectic. However, on our recent Alaska cruise, we did not feel rushed. Our servers asked us to show up five minutes early to start our drawings. It was just more relaxed this time for some reason. Fun night!

Hi pudinhd! You will have a blast next year in Alaska!

I do recall some Frozen images on the screens on the Frozen night, but they were just images, not like the movie playing. It did make for nice theming.

We've always had the animation show on our last night of the cruise. On our past two Fantasy cruises, I felt like it was a little hectic. However, on our recent Alaska cruise, we did not feel rushed. Our servers asked us to show up five minutes early to start our drawings. It was just more relaxed this time for some reason. Fun night!

Thank you so much!! I appreciate the information!

So fabulous. Watched the video and will come back to reference this again no doubt. Shannon Falls gave me chills with the sound even!! I may have to borrow a page from your playbook and make videos!! Well done mama!! :love:

So fabulous. Watched the video and will come back to reference this again no doubt. Shannon Falls gave me chills with the sound even!! I may have to borrow a page from your playbook and make videos!! Well done mama!! :love:
Thank you, Erintx7! This was one of our favorite vacations of all time. We just loved Alaska and everything about the Disney Cruise!

Just started reading, but love your report so far! We're planning an Alaskan cruise for 2019 with miles/points so any tips I pick up here will be great. Love that the hotel you picked in Vancouver is also one of my picks. Although I'm also considering an SPG or Marriott hotel.

If it's not too personal, how old are your kids? Your younger son looks closer to my son's age. My son is 8 now, will be 10 by the time of our cruise.

Last edited:
Just started reading, but love your report so far! We're planning an Alaskan cruise for 2019 with miles/points so any tips I pick up here will be great. Love that the hotel you picked in Vancouver is also one of my picks. Although I'm also considering an SPG or Marriott hotel.

If it's not too personal, how old are your kids? Your younger son looks closer to my son's age. My son is 8 now, will be 10 by the time of our cruise.

How exciting! Good luck with your planning. Hopefully 2019 cruises will be released soon!

My kids were 6, 9 and 13 for this cruise.

We really loved the Hyatt and our stay in Vancouver!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!