"Thank You" letter for park medics...please help!

mickeyluv

DIS Veteran
My family returned home yesterday from Florida. We drove down to Florida on Friday, 11/19 and arrived on Sat. 11/20 and were spending the week visiting with our friends who flew in from England a few days before. We went to US on Monday and IOA on Tuesday. There were 6 of us; me, dh, dd and our friends which was husband, wife , and their son. My DH and my friend (the wife) do not ride on the rides so they were on the bridge waiting for me, our DD, our friend (the husband) and their DS to get off a ride. When we got finished with the ride and come out the exit there my friend was waving to me to hurry. I run over and my husband is on the ground sweating profusely and saying he didn't feel well and was disoriented, like he was about to pass out. Our friend (the husband) runs to get someone to call the park medics for help. They arrive (not sure how long but I don't recall it being too very long) and assess my husband and say he needs an ambulance because they think he is having a heart attack! One of the park medics rides with him in the ambulance to the hospital and because the park medic had to be picked up from the hospital, one of the other gentleman takes me and our friend (the husband) to the hospital. Sure enough, my husband was having a heart attack. He was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center where they performed a catheterizatino and placed a stent in his right coronary artery which was 100% blocked. The doctor that performed the procedure stated to me that time was of the essence in his situation and that if he had not gotten to the hospital when he did, the outcome would not have been good. He was discharged on Friday afternoon and we are now home and he is resting and has an appointment scheduled with a cardiologist here at home on Friday as he does have another blockage in an artery behind the heart.

We would really like to send the guys with the medical team at IOA that helped save his life a letter of gratitude and let them know how thankful we are for them!! Can anyone help me find out how to go about getting this to them, I guess like an address or something? TIA

I'm so glad that your DH is doing well..:flower3:

Universal does havea great medical team and ORH is one of the best hospitals in the country.If you want to contact them by phone,here is ther #
Guest Services
Main Number: 407-224-4233, choose option 2

If by mail:Corporate Offices
Universal Orlando® Resort
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, Florida 32819-7610

If you call the phone number listed above, Guest Services will make sure that your "thank-you" is documented and sent to the right people. I hope your husband makes a full recovery.

My best wishes to your husband and to you too. Wow, you must have been so terrified. :hug:

Glad to hear that you husband is doing well.

Having been in a similar situation with my grandfather, and the only difference being that he was at home, whether you call or write a letter to U.S, describe the medic, as best you can and include times and locations. By law the park medic has to fill out paperwork, and the park knows who worked when and where and can id the medic easily enough, as long as they have a close desciption, location etc.

I wanted add too this.I was a certfied LPN and my DW is also still.But when we try too help someone and it goes wrong,we can be suide!!

We came across this at all parks in FLA.But if we do the wrong things,we are responsible.So we call for medics at the parks.Alot safer on our end.

Sorry,sad but true...

I rather be safe then sorry for our good deed!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted add too this.I was a certfied LPN and my DW is also still.But when we try too help someone and it goes wrong,we can be suide!!

We came across this at all parks in FLA.But if we do the wrong things,we are responsible.So we call for medics at the parks.Alot safer on our end.

Sorry,sad but true...

Is there no Good Samaritan law in Florida?

I believe the Good Samaritan law applies only if you are NOT a medical professional. Therefore...being a nurse they would not be covered.

Wow... instead of someone looking for an address to complain about someone, this was an awesome post. I am so happy your DH is doing well, and what a nice post to read. It must have been horrible while you were going thru all of this, at least you and your DH were well taken care of

I believe the Good Samaritan law applies only if you are NOT a medical professional. Therefore...being a nurse they would not be covered.
here is the Fl Good Samaritan Law... it does cover medical professionals

Good Samaritan Act; immunity from civil liability.—

(1) This act shall be known and cited as the "Good Samaritan Act."
(2)(a) Any person, including those licensed to practice medicine, who gratuitously and in good faith renders emergency care or treatment either in direct response to emergency situations related to and arising out of a public health emergency declared pursuant to s. 381.00315, a state of emergency which has been declared pursuant to s. 252.36 or at the scene of an emergency outside of a hospital, doctor's office, or other place having proper medical equipment, without objection of the injured victim or victims thereof, shall not be held liable for any civil damages as a result of such care or treatment or as a result of any act or failure to act in providing or arranging further medical treatment where the person acts as an ordinary reasonably prudent person would have acted under the same or similar circumstances.

Sorry,sad but true...

The Fl Good Samaritan Law will cover you and you cannot be sued.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter