Thank you to this board, but our upcoming group trip will be one and done!

JakeAZ

Mouseketeer
Also, do all 12 people have to be together all the time? The last time I went with my extended family, we kind of did our own thing. Like we went to the same park, but rode different rides at different times, then met up for a designated lunch place and time. Visited, shared laughs, swapped family members and then we were off on a new adventure. Just a thought. I hope this isn't your last trip (maybe one with so many people) and above all, I hope you have a great trip with lots of laughs and smiles! Its exhausting, but from the sound of it, you have put in a lot of work and planning and I'm sure it will pay off!
Thanks!

And no way we will all be together the whole time! haha. We all like each other.....and we want to keep it that way.

We have some meals scheduled together and if we are scheduled to be at the same park, we have some rides scheduled, but other than that, each family was able to pick separate FP reservations and parks they wanted to prioritize. My boys are huge Star Wars fans, so we have a heavy HS itinerary. The others in the group won't be joining us for any of that.

Last edited:

JakeAZ

Mouseketeer
Add this to my list!

So Disney is now enforcing kids on the DDP to order off the kids menu. I have NO problem with this. It seems fair. However, I'm reading posts about not every restaurant has a kids menu (Ronto Roasters comes to mind)! How is this possible? Some people are saying you can have your kids order off the adult menu, but they will take an adult credit and you have to have guest services make the adjustment. What?! That sounds like a gigantic PITA and time waster.

Also, Disney advertises kids can get a non-alcoholic beverage with their meal (milkshake, slushie, etc). But I've read they can only do that when those drinks are offered on the kid's menu, which is extremely rare / almost non-existent at QS. Most kid's meals have a drink included and you can't swap out the drink (at least via mobile ordering) to a specialty drink.

This seems to me they are offering a benefit that is almost impossible to use.

If your systems can't handle your policy change, don't implement it until they can!

Kids need to eat off kid's menus? No problem, just make sure there is one at all restaurants. Kids get kid's specialty drinks included? Great, put them on every kid's menu. It isn't rocket science.

Disney just seems to forget parents bring kids there (FP for both groups or just one with rider swap??...inconsistent measuring of heights on rides...kids dining plan inconsistencies, charging full adult prices for a dessert party with alcohol included for 10 years old and up, etc)

Last edited:

LSUmiss

DIS Veteran
Add this to my list!

So Disney is now enforcing kids on the DDP to order off the kids menu. I have NO problem with this. It seems fair. However, I'm reading posts about not every restaurant has a kids menu (Ronto Roasters comes to mind)! How is this possible? Some people are saying you can have your kids order off the adult menu, but they will take an adult credit and you have to have guest services make the adjustment. What?! That sounds like a gigantic PITA and time waster.

Also, Disney advertises kids can get a non-alcoholic beverage with their meal (milkshake, slushie, etc). But I've read they can only do that when those drinks are offered on the kid's menu, which is extremely rare / almost non-existent at QS. Most kid's meals have a drink included and you can't swap out the drink (at least via mobile ordering) to a specialty drink.

This seems to me they are offering a benefit that is almost impossible to use.

If your systems can't handle your policy change, don't implement it until they can!

Kids need to eat off kid's menus? No problem, just make sure there is one at all restaurants. Kids get kid's specialty drinks included? Great, put them on every kid's menu. It isn't rocket science.

Disney just seems to forget parents bring kids there (FP for both groups or just one with rider swap??...inconsistent measuring of heights on rides...kids dining plan inconsistencies, charging full adult prices for a dessert party with alcohol included for 10 years old and up, etc)
That’s what I have been complaining about lately too. Not specifically the dining issues but how not kid-friendly things have become. And with every new change, it seems less & less so.

• maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
    I thought the policy was kids had to eat off of a kids menu when there was one offered. If a separate kids menu is not offered, they order off of the standard menu.

JakeAZ

Mouseketeer
    I thought the policy was kids had to eat off of a kids menu when there was one offered. If a separate kids menu is not offered, they order off of the standard menu.
    Yep, that was my understanding too.

But it sounds like, with the new changes, the systems are unable to accept a kid's entitlement to pay for an adult meal, even if a kid's menu isn't offered.

Someone said you can pay for the meal with an adult credit and then have guest services "fix" things. That's a hard pass from me. I don't want to waste time trying to do that.

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
    Yep, that was my understanding too.

But it sounds like, with the new changes, the systems are unable to accept a kid's entitlement to pay for an adult meal, even if a kid's menu isn't offered.

Someone said you can pay for the meal with an adult credit and then have guest services "fix" things. That's a hard pass from me. I don't want to waste time trying to do that.

That sounds like a pretty dumb system, if that is what they are expecting guests to do.

JakeAZ

Mouseketeer
    That sounds like a pretty dumb system, if that is what they are expecting guests to do.
    Who knows what they are expecting us to do. I guess avoid QS that don't have kid's menus? That doesn't seem right. I sent an email to guest services, but those answers are so hit and miss and definitely not binding.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.