Thanks to all the CM's on our last trip!

rumrunnergirl

DIS Veteran
Everyone was cheerful and helpful! No matter what their job - front desk & concierge (Pop Century), working a ride, cashier, server, maintenance - everyone seemed so happy to be doing what they were doing. DH talked about it to one CM who came over to cheer up DS when he bumped his head while waiting in line, and she said how she loved kids and loved her job. It seemed like every CM we met felt that way.

Honestly, it was so nice to be able to ask a question or just go about your business and have everyone be so pleasant & helpful, wishing you a magical day, etc.

Rest of the world: TAKE NOTE!

Cm's at Disney deserve great big HUGS & Kissies for being the most pleasant, polite, human beings walking the face-of-the-earth.
:goodvibes

We were there from Nov.27 to Dec.9 to celebrate my 50th birthday. Some of the CM's who made our trip very memorable:

Theron Skees from MGM who was our Imagineer at "Dining with an Imagineer." This guy is amazing, and we enjoyed talking to him so much. Our server at that meal (at the Brown Derby) was also outstanding and made it even better.

Frank at Star Tours, who let my 4-year-old grandson who was too short to ride go in a vehicle with the motion turned off so he could enjoy the show. Sebastian is a huge Star Wars fan, and this was a real highlight of the trip for him. Frank told Sebastian he could be the captain and tell us when to "blast off." That was so exciting for him, and he still talks about it (he remembers every detail of that ride!).

Crystal, our server at the Garden Grove restaurant at the Grand Floridian, who served afternoon tea to my 75-year-old mother and me. She was so pleasant and made my mother feel like a queen! That was another highlight for us!

Cory, our tour guide on the Family Magic Tour. It was a rainy, drizzly day as we went out in search of Captain Hook's hook, but he made it so much fun and did a wonderful job of engaging all the children in the group. My grandson loved every second of this tour.

TJ, the chef at Boma, who made my vegan daughter an incredible meal and then brought vegan desserts for the entire table so that everyone would know how good vegan food can be! He makes her feel like she is special, not someone who is a pain to cook for. I think Boma is my favourite restaurant in the whole world, not just in WDW, and TJ is a big part of the reason why!!

The CM's at the Safari ride who chatted with me and my friend as we waited for the rest of our group to come back for one last Safari ride. They kept us laughing, and even sang Happy Birthday to me in Swahili (I think - I'm not sure anymore what language it was). We ended up in the second-last bus to leave, and it was worth it - the animals were very lively and active.

The CM at the exit of AK who held up a whole group of people and made them sing Happy Birthday to me before they could leave (he'd spotted my birthday button). Silly, I know, but I loved it!

The great bus drivers we had, who told us jokes and stories and Disney trivia.

There are so many others who helped to make our trip magical! Wish I'd written down all their names. We had so much fun!

Teresa

Teresa,
It was wonderful to read your post! Isn't it wonderful the way the CM's make guests feel special and welcomed? The little things do count, don't they, and they all add up to make a vacation a treasured memory.

I think it's great that you remembered names, next time we go I will have to write them down. Thanks for a great post! I hope some of your CM's get to read it.

Teresa Pitman said:
The CM's at the Safari ride who chatted with me and my friend as we waited for the rest of our group to come back for one last Safari ride. They kept us laughing, and even sang Happy Birthday to me in Swahili (I think - I'm not sure anymore what language it was). We ended up in the second-last bus to leave, and it was worth it - the animals were very lively and active.

Most likely, it was Swahili. There are several safari drivers who know how to sing happy birthday in swahili (Siku ya kuza liwa). I've even been known to sing on occasion, but that depends a lot on the day ... my singing voice is bad enough as is, if I've had a bad day, I won't subject others to the misery ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter