Thanksgiving 2018...available

doesn’t work like what? I’m simply going to cancel my sites at a certain time so someone could have a better chance to pick them up. have a better chance to get a booked out campsite if you know someone is canceling. no guarantees, but better than nothing.

Unfortunately, Disney doesn't add them back right away, sometimes a week or two later, sometimes not at all. :headache:

It's nice of you to let people know, but no way to coordinate it.

It's nice of you to let people know, but no way to coordinate it.

Ditto this.

There is not immediate availability after someone cancels. We appreciate you giving a general headsup but no one (even on the DIS Resorts Board) has figured out the interval between when a cancellation drops back into inventory and when it shows up as available.

Some places (who know what the heck they're doing like www.ReserveAmerica.com who handles Florida State Park reservations online), operate in real time. If I cancel a reservation for Bahia Honda in the Keys at 1017pm, that specific site shows available at 1017pm (after a refresh of course). Disney.com is NOT that sophisticated. They outsourced their IT and resort availability online is anybody's guess (anytime).

And that's being charitable.

Bama Ed

PS - I'm going to the Keys in a few months thanks to ReserveAmerica so I have worked the system and know it a iittle bit.

PS - I'm going to the Keys in a few months thanks to ReserveAmerica so I have worked the system and know it a iittle bit.

Are you going to Bahia Honda? I was kind of wondering if they've given reservations holders any information about a predicted re-opening date. If you decide to cancel that one, I'd love it if you shoot me a message first. I've yet to be able to score any reservations for that place.

Are you going to Bahia Honda? I was kind of wondering if they've given reservations holders any information about a predicted re-opening date. If you decide to cancel that one, I'd love it if you shoot me a message first. I've yet to be able to score any reservations for that place.

FF,

I had a few nights at BH but the State of Florida cancelled-and-refunded all the reservations for the foreseeable future (my few days were right after Christmas) due to Hurricane Irma. So I don't have any to give, sorry.

However, I will be dropping 2-3 nights at John Pennekamp in Key Largo that are for the same time frame at some point here in the future.

Bama Ed

However, I will be dropping 2-3 nights at John Pennekamp in Key Largo that are for the same time frame at some point here in the future.

Bama Ed

Thanks, but I'm looking for something a big longer. Long drive for just a couple of nights, but thanks very much!

What are the dates you are canceling. I need a premium site for Nov 10 and 11. I have been checking obsessively.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter