Thanksgiving dining options

LullahBelle

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, we will be at Universal Studios during Thanksgiving, and are looking for dining suggestions. I know some of the hotels will offer a Thanksgiving buffet, but unsure on which one to choose. We will be staying at the Royal Pacific Resort, but are open to going to other hotels. I would appreciate hearing your experiences. Thanks 🙂

Hi everyone, we will be at Universal Studios during Thanksgiving, and are looking for dining suggestions. I know some of the hotels will offer a Thanksgiving buffet, but unsure on which one to choose. We will be staying at the Royal Pacific Resort, but are open to going to other hotels. I would appreciate hearing your experiences. Thanks 🙂

I’ve never been myself, but heard very good things about RP Thanksgiving Buffet.

Although, I’m sure the other hotels offer a similar standard.......

We did the Mothers Day Brunch at Sapphire and it was phenomenal......I’d go for one of their special buffets anytime!

The premier hotels have the typical thanksgiving spread

The others I don’t know for sure but assume they would

We were there two years ago for Thanksgiving and really enjoyed the buffet at Trattoria Del Porto at PBH. Huge variety, tons of stations, restocked frequently and no one was rushing you. They had characters for meet and greets and the staff was wonderful. We all ate way more than we should have and had a great time.

@LullahBelle We did the Thanksgiving buffet in 2017 at HRH and thoroughly enjoyed it. There are so many stations to choose from above and beyond the traditional Thanksgiving fare. We'll be leaving Thanksgiving morning this year to join my snowbird parents in Ocala and I have to admit, I'm a little bummed to miss Thanksgiving at HRH! LOL! One piece of advice, once you decide where to go make your reservation early....once they start taking bookings the spots fill quickly!

Thanks to everyone who replied for reassuring us that we won't starve. Hope to make reservations as soon as possible.

@LullahBelle We did the Thanksgiving buffet in 2017 at HRH and thoroughly enjoyed it. There are so many stations to choose from above and beyond the traditional Thanksgiving fare. We'll be leaving Thanksgiving morning this year to join my snowbird parents in Ocala and I have to admit, I'm a little bummed to miss Thanksgiving at HRH! LOL! One piece of advice, once you decide where to go make your reservation early....once they start taking bookings the spots fill quickly!
Thanks for the advice! We're huge Potter fans, and this will be our first time visiting.

I’ve never been myself, but heard very good things about RP Thanksgiving Buffet.

We did the Mothers Day Brunch at Sapphire and it was phenomenal......I’d go for one of their special buffets anytime!
I must say that reading your trip reports have gotten me even more excited. Thanks for all the good advice!

I just made a reservation at Amatista for Thanksgiving on OpenTable. It seemed almost too easy - no prepay or anything. Did I do the wrong thing?

I just made a reservation at Amatista for Thanksgiving on OpenTable. It seemed almost too easy - no prepay or anything. Did I do the wrong thing?

Not at all! Open Table is fantastic for reserving at UOR!

Last year the The Three Broomsticks also offered a Thanksgiving meal. We had our official Thanksgiving meal at Bahama Breeze (Turkey was actually really good) and then had a snack at Three Broomsticks later and saw they were offering a special Thanksgiving meal there. OP sounds like you're all set but just throwing the information out there in case others might be interested.

Thanks to everyone who replied for reassuring us that we won't starve. Hope to make reservations as soon as possible.
We did the Thanksgiving buffet at RPR last year. The dining room was quite empty at 4 PM when we ate. It did not get very busy while we were there. All the usual buffet foods were available.

Not at all! Open Table is fantastic for reserving at UOR!

I don't get it, I'm not seeing the menus for Thanksgiving. Under "Brunch" Christmas is featured, nothing about Thanksgiving... what am I doing wrong? :confused3

LINK

I don't get it, I'm not seeing the menus for Thanksgiving. Under "Brunch" Christmas is featured, nothing about Thanksgiving... what am I doing wrong? :confused3

View attachment 447299
LINK
I'm not familiar with Amatista, but you aren't doing anything wrong. It just means they haven't published anything for Thanksgiving Day yet. The Thanksgiving Day buffet menu for The Kitchen at HRH is available now on Open Table.

I've been up all night going through a lot of info, so much to read so little time and it's almost 7am - good grief! What I've seen from the posted menus on Universal's website for Thanksgiving Dinner the food options are different. More can be found: here

View attachment 447299
LINK
Amatista actually called me last week and said they were redoing their Open Table system and my reservation would be canceled and then re-entered manually. We specifically talked about thanksgiving meal so I would just call the restaurant directly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!