Thanksgiving dinner in San Jose

ekmom

Mouseketeer
Someone on the other community board suggested that I post this here so here goes...

My DD is working for a few months in San Jose, California and we will be traveling from Michigan to spend Thanksgiving weekend with her. Can anyone suggest somewhere to go for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner? We're not foodies so we're not looking for anything gourmet or fancy, just a good turkey dinner with all of the usual accompaniments. A buffet would be good but it doesn't have to be that. My budget is $40 per person max. We are traveling with only a carry on so we'd like to dress casually. Suggestions anyone?

Oh man...and no one is answering here...LOL I'm sorry, I was sure you'd get some help here because we have a few people from the SJ area here..... :( Everyone's making me look bad.....LOL ;)

I haven't eaten a traditional Thanksgiving dinner anywhere in San Jose personally, but I found this site which gives a few ideas. I hope this helps. :)

We son't eat out on Thanksgiving, but here are a few ideas to check out.

Harry's Hofbrau--Good, yet cheap eats.

Fairmont Hotel--$46-56 pp

Maggianos in Santana Row--Italian

Marianis in Santa Clara--Traditional buffet style

I hope this helps. If you have any questions about specific places, just ask!

l’amore bella;34205672 said:
I haven't eaten a traditional Thanksgiving dinner anywhere in San Jose personally, but I found this site which gives a few ideas. I hope this helps. :)

Mimi's definitely does a traditional turkey dinner.
Turkey
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Sweet Potatoes
Stuffing
veggies on the side
and dessert! YUM!

If you haven't already, trying posting your question on Craigslist.org - SF Bay Area section. Try several discussion forums on there so you can get more feedback, and you can use yelp.com to search for reviews or even restaurant suggestions.

I live about 30 minutes from San Jose but never go down that way. San Francisco really isn't too out of the way so you may consider looking for places there too. If not, try in downtown San Jose? No offense to people who live in San Jose, but personally I don't like the San Jose area. Maybe I've only visited the no so great / industrial areas and not the really decent areas.

Other cities of interest that stretch between San Jose and San Francisco:

Saratoga
Sunnyvale
Cupertino
Mountain View
Palo Alto
Menlo Park
San Mateo

Hometown Buffets are scattered everywhere, but they're more of a budget buffet than a fancier Hotel type buffet.

Thanks to all who responded. I think that we have settled on Maggiano's in San Jose.

Maggiano's is so yummy, and a really neat experience! Plus it is in Santana Row, where it's fun to walk around and window shop. Enjoy!

Thanks BillyFan, that's good to know. I thought it looked like a cute area when I checked it out on Google street view.

Glad you decided on something!

All I had to offer was "once when growing up we ended up at Denny's for a turkey dinner", and that wasn't fun then and probably wouldn't be now!

Just remember, it's almost assuredly not going to be anywhere near the chilly temperature you're coming from. :) I have a great picture of me as a teen on Thanksgiving wearing a sweater, scarf, short skirt, bare legs, and...bare feet, standing outside. Brrr, so cold, my bare toes were chilly. ha.

YAY! I'm glad you found someplace that works for you! Enjoy!!! And yes, walk Santana Row, I've been there once and found it really fun to just walk. :)

Glad you decided on something!

All I had to offer was "once when growing up we ended up at Denny's for a turkey dinner", and that wasn't fun then and probably wouldn't be now!

Just remember, it's almost assuredly not going to be anywhere near the chilly temperature you're coming from. :) I have a great picture of me as a teen on Thanksgiving wearing a sweater, scarf, short skirt, bare legs, and...bare feet, standing outside. Brrr, so cold, my bare toes were chilly. ha.

LOL! Molly's right. We usually have pretty mild temps around Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter