Thanksgiving meal at Contemporary

Gizmo74

Mouseketeer
When do you think they will open up booking the Thanksgiving meal at the Contemporary? Wonder if they are even going to have it this year for DVC members.

I've watched the last two years, and they did open it up, but both times it was late, about a month out.

I searched this out yesterday to get an estimated time frame. Last years booking window opened Oct. 10th. Prices were too steep for my blood. $70+/adult, $40+ per kid, gratuity and tax not included. Yike! Plus you have to prepay at time of booking.

Prices were too steep for my blood.

Yes, we too skipped. Ordered a Turkey from Publix. It was awesome. I ran out of the park the day before and picked it up, only draw back, but we warmed it and it turned out great. Plus we had leftovers!

I searched this out yesterday to get an estimated time frame. Last years booking window opened Oct. 10th. Prices were too steep for my blood. $70+/adult, $40+ per kid, gratuity and tax not included. Yike! Plus you have to prepay at time of booking.
Thanks for researching last year. That is a lot of money and I might need to rethink that. My kids are considered adults by age at Disney but there is no way they could eat $70 worth of food. I know thatbdaynthere will be upcharges at all restaurants but I was thinking $50 each.

We did it last year and will not be doing it again this year. My kids are also considered adults by Disney standards and it was pricey but we figured it was an experience so we went for it. There were some cute touches (pics with mickey and minnie and a take home lantern that was the table centerpiece) and the food was pretty good but it didn't feel like Thanksgiving dinner to us. It is in a huge ballroom so it misses that personal feeling. It was more like eating dinner at a wedding (that you don't know any of the other guests attending). Glad we did it once but went be repeating!

Yes, we too skipped. Ordered a Turkey from Publix. It was awesome. I ran out of the park the day before and picked it up, only draw back, but we warmed it and it turned out great. Plus we had leftovers!
Does Publix have a heat and serve option for Thanksgiving, and do you know if they deliver? (also, how far in advance would you order?)

We did it last year and will not be doing it again this year. My kids are also considered adults by Disney standards and it was pricey but we figured it was an experience so we went for it. There were some cute touches (pics with mickey and minnie and a take home lantern that was the table centerpiece) and the food was pretty good but it didn't feel like Thanksgiving dinner to us. It is in a huge ballroom so it misses that personal feeling. It was more like eating dinner at a wedding (that you don't know any of the other guests attending). Glad we did it once but went be repeating!

I appreciate your feedback on the event. I'm balking at the prices but DH is still considering it. There's no way that I could eat $70 worth of food.

Have Trails End booked for a late lunch and it's labeled as Thanksgiving dinner. No clue how good it'll be, but the price is much better to stomach.

Apparently reservations started yesterday. The info is up on the DVC website: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-events/thanksgiving/

Highlights
Savor a delicious Thanksgiving meal and discover fun for all ages during this joyous event. Highlights include:
  • A delectable menu featuring a cornucopia of holiday favorites—view the menu
  • A full cash bar
  • Live entertainment
  • Themed activities
  • A visit from some beloved Disney Characters
  • An event photographer—who will capture your special moments with Disney Characters—as well as an on-site photo print studio
Activities and offerings are subject to change.

Important Details
Find out the date, time, location, prices and other important information for this Thanksgiving event.

Date and Time
  • Thursday, November 22, 2018
  • 3:00 to 5:00 PM Eastern Time
  • Fantasia Ballroom at Disney's Contemporary Resort, located at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida
Prices
  • Adults (ages 10 and up): $73.60, plus tax and gratuity
  • Children (ages 3 to 9): $39.95, plus tax and gratuity
How to Book

Reservations are required for this special event. The booking window will open on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.

For reservations, please call Member Services at (800) 800-9800†.

Important Information:
  • Full payment at the time of booking—with a credit card guarantee—is required.
  • Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance to avoid surrendering the full payment.
  • Guest must be 21 years old with a photo ID to consume alcohol.
  • Disney Dining Plan entitlements cannot be used for this experience.
  • Culinary Magic Experiences are not eligible for any additional special offers or discounts, including the Disney Vacation Club Member 10% food and beverage discount.
  • Please allow up to 1.5 hours to travel to the event destination.
  • Party size limit of the Member plus 15 guests.
  • Menu items, pricing and hours are subject to change without notice.
  • Guests under 18 must be accompanied by a paying participating parent or guardian.
  • A Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is required at Check-In.
  • Food allergies must be noted at the time of booking.

Have Trails End booked for a late lunch and it's labeled as Thanksgiving dinner. No clue how good it'll be, but the price is much better to stomach.
We have Whispering Canyon booked, and it looks really good. Unless someone really raves about this, ... eh ... (and we are staying at BLT!)

I have 1900 Park Fare for lunch that day. How much do you think they will charge that day to eat there? If pricing is close, I might cancel that and book the DVC Meal

Ugh... just messed up. 1900 Park Fare does not serve lunch. I don’t have a place to have a Thanksgiving lunch or dinner.

Today is my lucky day. I just scored a dinner reservation at Akershus. Looks like we will get our Thanksgiving meal after all.

Does Publix have a heat and serve option for Thanksgiving, and do you know if they deliver? (also, how far in advance would you order?)
they sure do! or you could call a minnie van to take you shopping , LOL. they make a great heat and serve thanksgiving dinner, we have used this twice at disney. right down to the cranberry, mashed and gravy veg, rolls and leftovers. only way to roll, then nap, pool and pumpkin pie. we eat around 7 so we're done with parks for the night, then go back next day and it's xmas! call ahead to place your order.

they sure do! or you could call a minnie van to take you shopping , LOL. they make a great heat and serve thanksgiving dinner, we have used this twice at disney. right down to the cranberry, mashed and gravy veg, rolls and leftovers. only way to roll, then nap, pool and pumpkin pie. we eat around 7 so we're done with parks for the night, then go back next day and it's xmas! call ahead to place your order.

Wow, that sounds great. Of course now we are expecting to be at AK on Thanksgiving Day, and trying to decide whether to have dinner at Whispering Canyon (we have an ADR) or cook in the villa. While it wouldn't take THAT long, it would still take a little while, but the trade off is that we wouldn't have a hard stop at AK to come back for dinner. Decisions, decisions. (also, extreme first world problems!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter