Thanksgiving week or first of December?

takemetothemouse

married, mom of 2 (DD 4/16 & DS 5/19)
So I’ve always heard that the first 2 weeks of December is the way to go when booking a Disney stay during the christmas time & to avoid major holiday weeks as well as school breaks.. yet, I’ve lost availability on almost all DVC resorts for the second week of December but 5 hotels are available the week of thanksgiving.. I don’t understand. Anyone have some insight?

We were there the first week of December one year and crowds were light to moderate. However, there was a cheerleading competition going on so that might be affecting the room availability.

Were you looking at hotels off site as well as on site? A lot of people stay off property, and even rent houses during busy periods, because Disney rates are so high then. Crowds during Thanksgiving week are usually big

We've been during Thanksgiving once. Technically we got there Black Friday. The crowds weren't that bad, honestly. Not compared to summer, at least.

We have always gone over thanksgiving or Christmas. I think it depends on when you plan on going over thanksgiving. The busiest times over thanksgiving will be Wednesday through Friday. Most people will be leaving by Saturday. In the past we have gone Monday or Tuesday through the following Monday or Tuesday. Once you hit Saturday evening after thanksgiving, the crowds will drop. We have found Sunday and Monday to be very low crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!