That was the week that was - May 2002 - Get you up to speed

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
That was the week that was - May 2002 – PRELIM

Okay just to fill everyone in:

This was a trip that was booked only 10 weeks prior to departure. My new boyfriend decided that I needed a good holiday and wanted to take me to the Yacht Club. Obviously I protested at the cost and insisted that we only go for a week (to make me feel better of course….as I was not paying…….yes I know STUPID GIRL !!!!). So said boyfriend (Paul) booked the trip through BA and he got some discount as he used some of his air miles. I proceeded to tell him that I was really excited about flying and I loved getting those little food trays (oh well didn’t take me that long to get onto the subject of grub!) and that I loved making sure my tray was the neatest after devouring all the food when Paul told me that he had upgraded us to Club. Well knock me down with a feather I wasn’t expecting that! Again I did the “gosh that must have been expensive and really you shouldn’t have…….. but as Donald would say ‘ “boy oh boy” I’m so glad that you did.’

Paul had been to Orlando about 6 times in the last 10 years staying most recently in 2000 at the Beach Club and then he went on Disney Magic. I have stayed on I-Drive a previous 4 times since 1996 but never on-site so I was a tad excited. I was really looking forward to getting into the parks early……oh no wait a minute ……WDW doesn’t do EE anymore :( oh well that’s just bloomin’ typical, the one time I get to stay on site and EE had been pulled. But that’s OK at least I’ll get to do E-ride night……….HELLO??!!! ……..the E-ride nights for May have been pulled/cancelled/whatever!!! ….…….. sorry Mr Eisner…. the perk of staying on site is ? ………..someone?……… anyone?????…….. Err you sir with your Mickey Mouse mouse pad???? (mumble, mumble, mumble at his screen)……………… Yes sir, that’s right, the caravan of characters 3 times a week at your resort (as Charlie Brown would say “oh good grief”) …… of course!!! coz it’s NOT like I’m gonna see them in the parks every day!!!! I know I sound cynical and disappointed in Disney here but I was just so looking forward to some good perks of staying on-site ………

……..well kick off your shoes guys and gals and read the rest of my reports coz in the end I was not disappointed.

P.S. Did I mention that they may take a while to be published.....nothing like a good bit of suspense......don't you think??;) ;)

OK thats enough ***** footing around now!

We need those reports just immediately!!

Carol

Whoops! Seems I tried to use a naughty word. Sorry everyone.

Well, I can <b>quite</b> understand your disappointment at being told you might get to meet a few characters coming off a bus instead of EE and E nights when staying on-site, but.....

..........Club seats on BA?????? the Yacht Club at WDW?????? You're not hoping for too much sympathy are you? ;) :rolleyes:

Looking forward to hearing more!

Ok, so no EE or E-Nights, but come on Sam, you've got the Yacht Club and Club Class, think that kind of makes up for it doesn't it?! ;)

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Astrid x

C'mon then, Sam - I keep checking and these reports aren't filed yet!!!

:p

Can't wait to read the reports Sam!

I do sympathise over the loss of EE and E ride nights though, especially as you were looking forward to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter