MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate the response!

I’ve heard that Minnie Vans are hard to come by at that time, which would give me pause in attempting to find one. As you note, we need a car seat, so that does put us in a more difficult situation in looking for transportation.

I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that we don’t run into issues!!

We were able to get a Minnie van immediately this morning. The bus was leaving right as we walked up. So I checked just to see how far one was and it was right there! This was at Wilderness Lodge.
We even had a 20% off message from Lyft. So that was cool.

ETA this was at 7:15 or so. We were running a bit behind. Not sure if that made a difference or not. But wanted to add that.

Last edited:
Appreciate the response!

I’ve heard that Minnie Vans are hard to come by at that time, which would give me pause in attempting to find one. As you note, we need a car seat, so that does put us in a more difficult situation in looking for transportation.

I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that we don’t run into issues!!

Yeah, you'll 'probably' be OK. :-)

The Minnie Van thing is so variable. Sometimes one lands in your lap, sometimes it won't find one at all. Hopefully you won't need one!

Anyone do EMM this morning? Our family did it and Peter Pan was down the entire time which caused a backup on 7 Dwarves. We did this a few years ago and it was a blast, but this time it was quite the stinker. The kids had only the carousel and pooh to ride (and when did the smelly poof stop working?). You could hop right on 7 Dwarves before, but queue lines were backed up :( Guessing either it was because Pan was down or there were a lot more guests. It did feel more crowded for the breakfast, so maybe a combination of the 2. Either way, not the most magical of mornings.

Do they give you a FP for it for later? Or some sort of compensation?

Someone else posted that PP was down today but they could use their wrist bands until noon to access the ride. I wonder if when this happens you need to ask for this? Or is it automatically for everyone but you weren’t made aware of it? It doesn’t seem like there is a mechanism to make an announcement about these things since people are all over Fantasyland.

Last edited:
Someone else posted that PP was down today but they could use their wrist bands until noon to access the ride. I wonder if when this happens you need to ask for this? Or is it automatically for everyone but you weren’t made aware of it? It doesn’t seem like there is a mechanism to make an announcement about these things since people are all over Fantasyland.

We were told about the wristband being good as a FP by the cast member who informed us it was down. This was as we were walking over to the ride.
They also opened up Small World and the carousel.

All this talk of monorail not running in the morning is making me nervous!! So on our last trip and last EMM, we arrived at the TTC at about 7:05...the express monorail to MK was running, so absolutely no issues! What would my plan B be in the case of driving in and parking? Plan B: ferry? Plan C? I wasn't worried. But you all have me thinking!

All this talk of monorail not running in the morning is making me nervous!! So on our last trip and last EMM, we arrived at the TTC at about 7:05...the express monorail to MK was running, so absolutely no issues! What would my plan B be in the case of driving in and parking? Plan B: ferry? Plan C? I wasn't worried. But you all have me thinking!

I wouldn’t worry too much. Outside of things just totally melting down with multiple transportation options, you’ll be fine.

A safe strategy, like you did last time, is to plan on arriving at the TTC with plenty of time to still make it over to the MK.

From the TTC, the ferry will be running and is a good Plan B. If neither the Ferry or Monorail were to be running, they’d have buses going from the TTC to the MK entrance.

We are staying at All Star Sports and doing EMM on July 17. What time do I need to plan to be at the bus stop?

I apologize if this has been answered...we are NOT doing EMM. Should we skip MK that day and go another day, or do you think rope drop will be business as usual? We normally FP 7DMT and head to either Splash/Big Thunder or Pirates/Haunted Mansion. I cannot yet book FP so I have no idea what we will get this trip.

I apologize if this has been answered...we are NOT doing EMM. Should we skip MK that day and go another day, or do you think rope drop will be business as usual? We normally FP 7DMT and head to either Splash/Big Thunder or Pirates/Haunted Mansion. I cannot yet book FP so I have no idea what we will get this trip.

I wouldn’t hesitate to go on an EMM day. It’s only 200ish people so a tiny rounding error in overall MK attendance. So, it really doesn’t impact anything at all.

A potential bonus - depending on your perspective - is that park opening is guaranteed to stay 9AM, so you don’t have to ever worry about Disney changing hours on you.

I wouldn’t hesitate to go on an EMM day. It’s only 200ish people so a tiny rounding error in overall MK attendance. So, it really doesn’t impact anything at all.

A potential bonus - depending on your perspective - is that park opening is guaranteed to stay 9AM, so you don’t have to ever worry about Disney changing hours on you.

oohhh that's a good point. also potential bonus: 200 fewer people rope dropping mine train...

Does mine ride run if it's raining? We have emm on June 24 and it's supposed to storm that morning...crossing fingers the weather changes and yes I know it's two weeks away lol just worried...how late could we cancel without a fee? Sorry just worried...

Does mine ride run if it's raining? We have emm on June 24 and it's supposed to storm that morning...crossing fingers the weather changes and yes I know it's two weeks away lol just worried...how late could we cancel without a fee? Sorry just worried...

A weather forecast two weeks out is, honestly, worthless. Completely worthless.

We will be there the same day and I hadn’t even thought to start checking the weather yet! Actually I’m going to try to avoid checking it as long as possible because I know it’s gonna stress me out

But yes I believe 7DMT runs in the rain as long as it’s not thunder/lightning. And I think the cancellation policy is 5 days.

We will be there the same day and I hadn’t even thought to start checking the weather yet! Actually I’m going to try to avoid checking it as long as possible because I know it’s gonna stress me out

But yes I believe 7DMT runs in the rain as long as it’s not thunder/lightning. And I think the cancellation policy is 5 days.

So will we. It’s a week and a half away so anything can change between now and then so I’m not going to start stressing about it now. We’re doing the Dessert Party that night too so I’m more concerned about it raining for that than in the morning.

So will we. It’s a week and a half away so anything can change between now and then so I’m not going to start stressing about it now. We’re doing the Dessert Party that night too so I’m more concerned about it raining for that than in the morning.

We will also be there the same day and also,doing the Plaza Garden dessert party that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts