MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Still no booking availability from Sept 30-through Nov. As mentioned earlier, I was obsessively checking every date on Oct/Nov for party of 14 so I would have a heads up when things were starting to book up. As of last Thurs, there was party of 14 availability for every EMM Sun and Tues in Oct and Nov. Then Friday, POOF. Nothing available for any day in Oct and Nov. You can still see the Sundays and Tuesdays highlighted blue (like it's happening), but says no tables are available, even for a party of 1.

Called and spoke to 3 people at Disney:
CM 1: It sold out, every date in Oct and Nov overnight. (doubt it)
CM 2: She can only do booking for EMM through Sept 25, said to try next week.
CM 3 (tech support) - I asked about it being a glitch. She said no, they probably just temporarily closed it to booking. Could not tell me why or when it would open back up.

For people following this thread, does anyone have a current EMM booked in October or November? Did you receive any emails about it?

I will be on EMM watch for Oct and Nov now. So weird that it was bookable from a user-endpoint and then all of a sudden was retracted.

It wouldn't be Disney planning without a little stress, right? :scared:

UPDATE: Still no booking availability from Sept 30-through Nov. As mentioned earlier, I was obsessively checking every date on Oct/Nov for party of 14 so I would have a heads up when things were starting to book up. As of last Thurs, there was party of 14 availability for every EMM Sun and Tues in Oct and Nov. Then Friday, POOF. Nothing available for any day in Oct and Nov. You can still see the Sundays and Tuesdays highlighted blue (like it's happening), but says no tables are available, even for a party of 1.

CM 3 (tech support) - I asked about it being a glitch. She said no, they probably just temporarily closed it to booking. Could not tell me why or when it would open back up.

For people following this thread, does anyone have a current EMM booked in October or November? Did you receive any emails about it?

I will be on EMM watch for Oct and Nov now. So weird that it was bookable from a user-endpoint and then all of a sudden was retracted.

I have it booked for November 13th. It still shows on my itinerary & I didn't receive any emails about it other than the confirmation email when I booked.

I have it booked for October 21st. Just checked my e-mail and haven't received anything. It's still showing up in MDE.

I would say CM3 is probably correct (and likely CM2). Just keep checking.

Yes, I have EMM booked November 18. I haven’t received any emails. It’s showing up in MDE; I just checked.

I hope it does open back up!! Keep checking; people change their plans and cancel. Hopefully you will get it eventually. I guess this is a learning experience for all of us not to wait to book special experiences.

I recently had a lot of stress (thanks Disney) around a special dining event during my upcoming trip next month. I had booked the Perfectly Princess Tea Party as a surprise for my DD. To make a long story short, it was cancelled on the day I had booked it, and no one ever notified me!! I only discovered it because, on a whim, I decided to see if it could still be booked. The day changed from blue to grey. After much discussion with various CMs, I was put in touch with the dining and events manager of the GF who was able to move our reservation to a different day. But can you imagine my DD’s disappointment if I hadn’t checked this?! We would have shown up for an event that wasn’t happening!! Unbelievable that they wouldn’t even try to contact me. From now on, I am double checking all special events (including EMM) to make sure they are still taking place.

Yes, I have EMM booked November 18. I haven’t received any emails. It’s showing up in MDE; I just checked.

I hope it does open back up!! Keep checking; people change their plans and cancel. Hopefully you will get it eventually. I guess this is a learning experience for all of us not to wait to book special experiences.

I recently had a lot of stress (thanks Disney) around a special dining event during my upcoming trip next month. I had booked the Perfectly Princess Tea Party as a surprise for my DD. To make a long story short, it was cancelled on the day I had booked it, and no one ever notified me!! I only discovered it because, on a whim, I decided to see if it could still be booked. The day changed from blue to grey. After much discussion with various CMs, I was put in touch with the dining and events manager of the GF who was able to move our reservation to a different day. But can you imagine my DD’s disappointment if I hadn’t checked this?! We would have shown up for an event that wasn’t happening!! Unbelievable that they wouldn’t even try to contact me. From now on, I am double checking all special events (including EMM) to make sure they are still taking place.
Wow, that is quite a story! I’m glad you checked!

I hope they reopen booking soon. I wish I had my act together last week!

I’m booked for 10/23...no emails and it is still showing in my MDE.

I have 2 booked for November and just called. They said my reservations are confirmed and fine, but couldn’t offer any reason as to why it’s not showing available online.

I have 2 booked for November and just called. They said my reservations are confirmed and fine, but couldn’t offer any reason as to why it’s not showing available online.

That makes me feel a little better.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Disney has ever offered a “plus” event and then cancelled it after they have already sold tickets?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Disney has ever offered a “plus” event and then cancelled it after they have already sold tickets?

It made me feel a little better too, but I thought the same thing. Would they cancel extra events after tickets have been sold. I was worried because some people have been told by Disney over the phone that emm isn’t available after September[/QUOTE]

I have it for oct 7 and I built my plan around the fact that I have emm.

If they cancel it, I just hope they do it soon, before I schedule my FP.

It happens, but generally more for tours or other more obscure upcharge things. I can’t recall something as wide-scale (meaning, bigger attendance count) event such as EMM being cancelled.

I also can’t imagine them cancelling this early out- still lots of time to sell more tickets which is the name of the game for them :)

I will keep checking and report back when it’s back up!

I don’t know if it counts as a “plus” event, but I had booked a special dining event (the Perfectly Princess Tea Party) at 180 days for our trip next month. It was cancelled sometime between then and about two weeks ago. The scary part is that I only learned of it because, on a whim, I decided to check and see if it was still available or full. I was very surprised that the calendar was grey for the date I had booked it. Many phone calls later, I spoke to an events manager who was able to confirm that it had been cancelled for the date I booked it. He had no explanation for why or how I had not been notified. This makes me rather nervous! I will now obsessively check my special events to confirm that they are taking place.

I have a while before my next EMM (October 14), but I cannot help but start to make mental touring plans for that trip, so my question:

Has the carousel been open lately? I know this is an unadvertised bonus and our record is roughly 50% for the carousel, but it seems like it was generally open except when it was being refurbed (of course). Is that still the case?

My kids love themselves some carousel... so not having to wait in line (while Mom and Dad take turns doing 7DMT) would be helpful for other MK days...

Thanks!

I have a while before my next EMM (October 14), but I cannot help but start to make mental touring plans for that trip, so my question:

Has the carousel been open lately? I know this is an unadvertised bonus and our record is roughly 50% for the carousel, but it seems like it was generally open except when it was being refurbed (of course). Is that still the case?

My kids love themselves some carousel... so not having to wait in line (while Mom and Dad take turns doing 7DMT) would be helpful for other MK days...

Thanks!

I'm sure others will chime in before me, but I can report in soon enough. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter