• I will watch other teams besides team USA games

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Give me a Disney movie instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
859 days till the 2022 FIFA World Cup. ⚽🌎🌍🌏⚽

Who will qualify? Who will fail to? Who will win? Discuss it all.

Concacaf (U.S.A.'s region) should start qualifying matches this September, but most likely will be delayed.

Using the national flag emojis, list which 32 teams you think will qualify or would wish to see qualify.

Qatar automatically qualifies as the host, so 31 spots are still up for grabs.

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020...d-cup-match-schedule-opening-venue-determined

Last edited:

Asia:

I also thought this video was interesting and may help those who don't follow soccer why it means so much to the rest of the world:

Also 🇮🇸, as we really enjoyed their fabulous run-up in 2018. We were in Iceland summer of 2016 while they were progressing through the Euro. So, that was fun. (Insert viking emoji here.)

And due to personal connections, but not their actual soccer prowess, we root for 🇩🇰.

Argentina is a great team. I wonder who will be the next "great Messi" once he retires though. :scratchin⚽
NEVER be another one like Messi!

The GOAT!

He also has the "It Factor" on steriods.

Probably his last chance at the World Cup-if he pulls it off,Argentina will EXPLODE! :)

Still too early to really know. At the moment Argentinian football is a mess, I don't think it will get turned around in time so I don't think Messi retires with any significant international trophies (Olympics don't count).

I predicted France last World Cup but repeating is so hard I don't think it will happen. Looking at the countries with a lot of young talent Portugal may have a shot if everyone stays healthy. I think the delayed Euros, assuming they happen, will shed a lot of light on who has a shot.

Hopefully the US doesn't crap the bed again.

Still too early to really know. At the moment Argentinian football is a mess, I don't think it will get turned around in time so I don't think Messi retires with any significant international trophies (Olympics don't count).
Unfortunately you are probably right.

As great as Messi is,just about impossible for him to "will" Argentina to the Cup with little help.

Unfortunately you are probably right.

As great as Messi is,just about impossible for him to "will" Argentina to the Cup with little help.

I listened to an interview right after they exited the last WC (it was either guardian Football Weekly or The Totally Football Show) about some systemic problems with the Argentinian Federation and didn't realize how bad it was. It's been a while but I seem to recall there were possible sanctions as well due to governmental interference which FIFA doesn't allow. It doesn't seem right that such a power house can't be competitive but hopefully it doesn't last long.

CR7 is still better than Messi in my opinion. CR7 has technically won more trophies. ⚽
Definitely not alone in that opinion.

I still think Messi is a "sliver" better and IMHO,NOBODY has the "charisma" and "magnetism" that Messi has.

I would pick Leo 100 times out of 100 times over Ronaldo if I could only watch one of them.

Definitely not alone in that opinion.

I still think Messi is a "sliver" better and IMHO,NOBODY has the "charisma" and "magnetism" that Messi has.

I would pick Leo 100 times out of 100 times over Ronaldo if I could only watch one of them.

They are both great and I feel fortunate that I got to see both for all of their careers. I think Messi is the easier guy to like but I also give CR7 a lot of credit for winning a title in three different leagues on three vastly different teams playing different systems. If he manages to also win the Champions League with a third team that will be pretty big.

He also won a major tournament with a not great Portugal.

I also think Messi is more naturally talented while CR7 had to work more to develop his talent and become what he has become. I'm really glad Messi got over his early career injury problems so we could have this debate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!