The $6,688.00 Disney World Trip - It's a wrap 6/30, Has it really been a year? 3/2 Link to new TR 4/18

Thinking about the two of you with the weather and all out your way. Stay safe!

Sure you can. You fill it with 120 degree water and wait until it cools down a bit.

And how do I get into a tub that has walls 4 feet tall without killing myself? :confused3

Well, that's good of them. But I can't help but wonder how much quicker it would've been if you'd had to pay for it.

Oh, I offered to pay for it! Believe me!

No, but I can imagine that you were.

Like sick of it back in August.

I usually prefer my table to be ready immediately. ;)

Depends on the establishment. This particular location I like to linger in the lounge before dining.

I'm on the fence on this one. Not a fan of parsnip. The rest sound good.

I'm not even sure where the parsnip was....I don't think I really tasted it.

mmmmmm… that sounds really good!

::yes::

I could go for any of those. ::yes::
But I would order what Fran had.

I really liked mine, as you will see in a future update.

Think this time, while again I could go for either, I'll pick... depends on my mood, but right now I'd pick yours.

I would go for either or any of that right now. :sad2:

Holy crap! :faint:
Can I have two desserts???? Want both!

If you have the room.....anything can be purchased......

And how do I get into a tub that has walls 4 feet tall without killing myself? :confused3
pfffttt... Give me a hard problem. This one is easy.

Diving board.
Depends on the establishment. This particular location I like to linger in the lounge before dining.
Ahhhhh... Okay, I'll agree with you there!
I'm not even sure where the parsnip was....I don't think I really tasted it.
Might be okay, then.
I really liked mine, as you will see in a future update.
Standing by...
If you have the room.....anything can be purchased......
deal!

Errr yes LOL I have no idea what you mean!

Well just think when someone is saying, "Oh Bless her heart" they really mean "Oh go head and b*****r off!" :laughing:

Hmm yes, I don't remember that

Then we probably didn't do it.

I realize I forgot an important word in my cuddle honour statement- I was meaning the honour system seatbelts they used to have!

Ah yes, those have been LONG gone......

They aren't huge bottles, you can do it ;)

I know I could, but I would feel bad, just sucking it down. She likes the sweet wines and I would rather share with her. Our anniversary is coming up next weekend. I should pick up a nice dessert and we'll have one of those bottles then.

Dorian has reminded me of a couple of places we have- just not in areas I really go to (well I don't go many places now lol)

Yeah, me either. I still get my best fried chicken at the Grocery store.. We'll be having it for dinner next Tuesday night.

I only just learned about these last month- basically you can pay to have a celebrity make a video for you

Huh, They also talked about this on the morning news show that I watch.

So so many! Who knows when some of us will be able to get back :(

Who knows when ANY of us will get back?

Ok Ella says we did PP and also we did Alice- I do remember that now!

Yes! I remember that too!

Oh I will send you a recipe for one of my current favs- it's a spin on an Old Fashion

waiting.... :rolleyes1

I realized that's when we did cantina, watched the fireworks from GE etc

I'm glad you guys got to do the Cantina!

What can I really say but ahhhh what a sega indeed!

Tell me about it.

Pretty sure they managed Space and Splash like 5 times each lol

Good for them!

This was good, but I'm a pumpkin fan.

I'm not, but it was still good.

So I remember (and looked at my pics) that I got this guy instead of the soup/salad- I remember sharing with D as didn't want to get too full and the pancake was big!

OK, whoops, I was having a hard time piecing together what we all ate.

These were yummy- I really like sweet potato and hazelnuts, and the romesco added a lot of flavour.

I'm not a fan of sweet potato or hazelnuts so I wouldn't have liked it at all.

This was pretty good- I'm not hugely experienced at caviar, but this was nice.

It looks good!

I know Dorian loved this one too.

I'm glad he did.

I had this one too- I love filet mig, and I remember the bacon being great and not over the top.

What I would give to have something like this in this time now.

Legit the best! Mannn I wish I had this beauty right now!

That one was so good! I love peppermint!

Pretty sure we had one too lol well I know we did as I have a picture with the infamous Maynard and my hair is done up lol
He was just leaving and I said hello to him and we took a pic - I've never tried if I can add a pic but going to try...

Who is the infamous Maynard? I've never heard of him!

Oh. Welp, I'm outta here.

...and I'm back in!

OK, good!

That sounds like it might be a problem.

Yeah, it kinda was.....

Really? Have you ridden Dumbo? Or the magic carpets? Or Triceratop-spin?

I don't know why I'm asking. Those are completely different rides.

Actually of those, I've only ridden Dumbo, but it was a lot easier to get out of....

That might be true, but...they have fried chicken!

Darn right they do! The only thing worth ordering here!

Whoops. Hope it was a fun 5 minutes.

They seemed to enjoy it.....

Hey, that's a win for you.

Eventually

:rotfl2: Not as sick of it as you were, I'm betting.

Yeah, pretty much.

Fantasmic always looks a lot better at DL than the WDW version.

::yes::

Hi there! Found this TR and read the whole thing in one sitting! Just loved it, and your touring style is so different to mine so that was fun to see (and dream about trying in the future!).

:welcome:

So what makes my touring style so different? I have a feeling I might know, but just curious.

I also looove your kitties. You may have mentioned this somewhere, but I missed it, so how many do you have, and what are their names? I have two, Princess Leia, and (Princess) Merida.

We have waaaay too many kitties. Let's just say we had a lot and then an adopted kitty came with five kittens in her belly, so we had a whole lot more than we had before.

Now to go read the rest of your TRs!

Wow that's dedication!

:welcome:

So what makes my touring style so different? I have a feeling I might know, but just curious.

Well, you're a little more laid-back, and spend time enjoying the resorts. I'm always go go go, and then wish I had relaxed more! I need to stop and smell the roses.

We have waaaay too many kitties. Let's just say we had a lot and then an adopted kitty came with five kittens in her belly, so we had a whole lot more than we had before.

I saw some in a previous TR and they're tooooo cute. Living the dream! If I didn't live in an apartment I would definitely want to adopt more.

Wow that's dedication!

Already made it through one!

Thinking about the two of you with the weather and all out your way. Stay safe!

We are staying safe, mostly inside so as not to breathe in all the smoke. The closest fire is 30 or so miles away, but the smoke and ash have made it down our way.

Well just think when someone is saying, "Oh Bless her heart" they really mean "Oh go head and b*****r off!" :laughing:

Ohhh well then, a wee bit out of context :lmao:

I know I could, but I would feel bad, just sucking it down. She likes the sweet wines and I would rather share with her. Our anniversary is coming up next weekend. I should pick up a nice dessert and we'll have one of those bottles then.

So, what great dessert are you going to get?

waiting.... :rolleyes1

ohh! I was just about to say tonight, but I believe we are missing a key ingredient...hmmm

I'm glad you guys got to do the Cantina!

Me too, it was great really- we had super nice table mates, the drinks were ok, but enjoyed the decor and music...now if we could just ride ROTR, we will have done it all!

Who is the infamous Maynard? I've never heard of him!

So Maynard is a DL cast member who has been there a while- like 25 years, and works at Haunted Mansion and Tiki Room (possibly more places, I know he used to be a Skip) and is just hilarious- we have been lucky enough to catch him a couple of times at Tiki Room/HM and he never fails to entertain! Apparently one time Robin Williams and him did an impromptu stand up in the Tiki Room.

Attachments

• Maynard2.JPG
    Maynard2.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 5
Well, you're a little more laid-back, and spend time enjoying the resorts. I'm always go go go, and then wish I had relaxed more! I need to stop and smell the roses.

Well, we don't have a lot of choice. Fran just can't go, go, go. She hits the wall a lot sooner than most people, so we're kinda forced into slowing down.

I saw some in a previous TR and they're tooooo cute. Living the dream! If I didn't live in an apartment I would definitely want to adopt more.

They are very very cute. I waste more time sitting around in bed cuddling with them or just stopping to pet and cuddle them when I'm on my way to somewhere in the house.

Already made it through one!

Hopefully there will eventually be more! I do have another bonus update, if I can catch up on comments.

Ohhh well then, a wee bit out of context :lmao:

Just a tad! 😂

So, what great dessert are you going to get?

I think you saw. We had picked up the butter cake on Saturday while we were on a small road-trip-jaunt. I wanted a fancy pastry, but couldn't decide at the French pastry shop. Then I found those little molten caramel cakes in the freezer, and that sounded better. I didn't really want a cold dessert anyways. BTW we drank the Pinot Noir ice wine with dessert and it was very yummy!

ohh! I was just about to say tonight, but I believe we are missing a key ingredient...hmmm

I need to make cocktails tonight!

Me too, it was great really- we had super nice table mates, the drinks were ok, but enjoyed the decor and music...now if we could just ride ROTR, we will have done it all!

Always something for next time. Hopefully Disney opens soon! 🤞

So Maynard is a DL cast member who has been there a while- like 25 years, and works at Haunted Mansion and Tiki Room (possibly more places, I know he used to be a Skip) and is just hilarious- we have been lucky enough to catch him a couple of times at Tiki Room/HM and he never fails to entertain! Apparently one time Robin Williams and him did an impromptu stand up in the Tiki Room.

Huh. I've never heard of him. If he's still there when they reopen, I will keep an eye out for him.

About a week after my last update, Jill came to town. We had been planning a big fancy dinner, but it just wasn’t a good time for that, so instead we met up in the evenings for a little fun. I don’t remember what was going on with Fran and I during the day. We did have our band Christmas party coming up that Saturday afternoon and I know on Friday we were making our dishes for the potluck, I suppose on Thursday we had to shop for our ingredients. Nonetheless, Jill was staying at the DL Hotel and we picked up Jenny on the way to meet her while she grabbed us a table at Trader Sams.

The Trader Sams at the DL hotel predates the one at the Poly by a few years. If you’ve been to the one at the Poly and you think it’s small, you’re gonna really be surprised by the one at the DLH. WDW’s counterpart seats nearly double the capacity indoors of the one out West. You really need to be adept at table stalking to get an inside seat. Luckily there is plenty of outdoor seating here, and that’s where Jill got us a table.

The seating area is adjacent to the pool area, and those Tiki Torches can burn bright at night.

The outdoor seating is pretty casual. I’ve never sat outside in Florida, so I don’t know what the seating is like out there, but this can be comfortable on a warm evening, which even in December, wasn’t bad at all.

We perused the menu.

I don’t think Fran needed to do so at all, she knew what she wanted. The Sea Monster’s Revenge.

I got the seasonal offering, it had something about peppermint (hence the cute straw) and was pretty tasty.

My shrimp arrived shortly after that, while they are tasty at $4.25 each, it always stings me in the wallet to order this...but it’s Disney I tell myself, and I would love to be able to spring for them right now along with a nice tiki drink!

Fran really likes this burger. It’s got pineapple on it as well as cheese and comes with sweet potato fries. I’m not sure what’s happening in this picture, but it looks like she is disapperating into the burger.

I’m pretty sure I ordered another drink, probably one of these…

Jenny and Jill are early risers, so we called it a relatively early night and we dropped Jenny off at her house until the next night.

The next day we picked Jenny up again so that she could drink as much as she wanted, and we met Jill in the park before riding Space Mountain. It looks like Jenny sat this one out.

Before any show you need sustenance so our next stop was our favorite wateringhole in the park. Fran got two orders of these onion rings, cause I don’t think she wanted to share any of one of the orders.

This weekend was supposed to have a completely different itinerary, but other circumstances changed our plans only a couple weeks before. We scrambled to figure out what to do, and when we looked for priority seating for fireworks, the only area left was in front of It’s a Small World which was going to be a new thing for us. I didn’t end up taking any pictures and now I’m sorry I didn’t. It was a pretty good spot to watch. All the images that were broadcast onto the castle were projected onto the facade of IASW, so we didn’t miss out on that aspect.

After the show, we made our way out of the park with all the Christmas decorations on Main Street.

I’ll leave you with this picture of Jill, Jenny and I. While it wasn’t taken this year, you wouldn’t know if I didn’t tell you that! :laughing:

Ta Ta For Now!

Sounds like some lovely time spent with friends, and what wouldn't we all give for more of that right now!!!? I've never succeeded in getting to sit inside Trader Sam's at the Poly, but the outside area is nice...definitely doesn't seem as cozy as your pictures make the DL version seem. If I didn't know I was sitting outside Trader Sam's, it would just seem like any old walk-up tiki bar next to a pool.

The drinks look very tasty, and so photogenic, of course!

The Trader Sams at the DL hotel predates the one at the Poly by a few years. If you’ve been to the one at the Poly and you think it’s small, you’re gonna really be surprised by the one at the DLH.
Then, in my case, I'm gonna really be surprised by the one at WDW. Never been to that one.
The seating area is adjacent to the pool area, and those Tiki Torches can burn bright at night.
Is that a good thing? Or are they too bright?
I’ve never sat outside in Florida, so I don’t know what the seating is like out there,
It's filled with aligators.
I don’t think Fran needed to do so at all, she knew what she wanted. The Sea Monster’s Revenge.
<sigh>
Rum... always rum...
I got the seasonal offering, it had something about peppermint (hence the cute straw) and was pretty tasty.
I'm not sure if I've ever had a peppermint flavoured alcoholic drink. Maybe peppermint schnapps? Maybe?
My shrimp arrived shortly after that, while they are tasty at $4.25 each, it always stings me in the wallet
That doesn't sound unreasonable? There are 4 shrimp there, right?
Fran really likes this burger. It’s got pineapple on it as well as cheese and comes with sweet potato fries.
I'd try that. :) (But not the fries. Not a fan of sweet potato. Fried or otherwise.)
I’m not sure what’s happening in this picture, but it looks like she is disapperating into the burger.
:laughing: Fran really gets into her food!
The next day we picked Jenny up again so that she could drink as much as she wanted
Friends help friends... drink.
Fran got two orders of these onion rings, cause I don’t think she wanted to share any of one of the orders.
::yes:: I totally get that. Mine!
All the images that were broadcast onto the castle were projected onto the facade of IASW, so we didn’t miss out on that aspect.
Really! That would've been different... and yet the same, in a way. Huh!
I’ll leave you with this picture of Jill, Jenny and I. While it wasn’t taken this year, you wouldn’t know if I didn’t tell you that! :laughing:
Lovely photo. :)

BTW we drank the Pinot Noir ice wine with dessert and it was very yummy!

I will pick up this years and some others in hope we can bring them some day...

I need to make cocktails tonight!

Recipe coming asap- will message it!

Always something for next time. Hopefully Disney opens soon! 🤞

Here's hoping!

Huh. I've never heard of him. If he's still there when they reopen, I will keep an eye out for him.

Ya he has his own facebook fan group lol over 4K members!

I know on Friday we were making our dishes for the potluck

Soooo...what did you make?

I was envisioning eating that PuPu platter, but alas we never managed to make it over there

Yum! I'm not a huge rum person, other than in Tiki drinks!

it had something about peppermint (hence the cute straw) and was pretty tasty.

So this is intriguing to me..I don't think I've had a peppermint drink like this- was it fruity too, or just minty?

Fran really likes this burger. It’s got pineapple on it as well as cheese and comes with sweet potato fries.

Yumm pineapple and sweet potato fries, I'm a fan of them with chipolte mayo

The next day we picked Jenny up again

You guys are awesome about this!

in front of It’s a Small World which was going to be a new thing for us. I didn’t end up taking any pictures and now I’m sorry I didn’t. It was a pretty good spot to watch.

Can't say I've every watched from there!

Attachments

• Maynard3.JPG
    Maynard3.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 2
About a week after my last update, Jill came to town.

Yay Jill!

The Trader Sams at the DL hotel predates the one at the Poly by a few years. If you’ve been to the one at the Poly and you think it’s small, you’re gonna really be surprised by the one at the DLH. WDW’s counterpart seats nearly double the capacity indoors of the one out West. You really need to be adept at table stalking to get an inside seat.

I don't think I'd have the patience for that!

Fran really likes this burger. It’s got pineapple on it as well as cheese and comes with sweet potato fries. I’m not sure what’s happening in this picture, but it looks like she is disapperating into the burger.

Pineapple on a burger is very underrated.

Fran got two orders of these onion rings, cause I don’t think she wanted to share any of one of the orders.

Understandable. I'd be the same way.

Nice shot of you 3!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!