The $6,688.00 Disney World Trip - It's a wrap 6/30, Has it really been a year? 3/2 Link to new TR 4/18

Really is right, wowzas!!

What a difference a day makes!

Oddly, I enjoy watching Westminster if I happen to catch it.

I'm not really a dog person. Don't dislike them, just not so big on being jumped on. Cats are OK.

Nice! D would be just the same.

That's nice to know that there are people out there that are not annoyed with us.

Yesss! I've been waiting for this dress! It's a nice style on you!

Thanks! I'd been waiting a while to wear it, I can't wait to wear it again!

Awww! and thanks Fran for catching the bottom of the dress- so pretty!

Sometimes, she is good about that and sometimes she is oblivious

Nice little taster of good stuff.

Sure wish I could go up to a buffet and a get a little of each of that without having to cook it myself.

I really gotta try making it one of these days.

I just made it last weekend. I blew out the motor of my fancy schmancy Cuisinart blender. Luckily I still have my blender from college that works just fine. Fran is going to look for a new Ninja cooking blender for me.

He looks like he likes the dress too!

I'm not so sure he even noticed it.....he was an apathetic Mad Hatter. The one last Fall was more fun.

Wow! No way I would have been able to walk it the time I was at MK, I remember that D was able to push me right up, but ya what about those that can't, or are alone??

Obviously they only cater to people in families or groups.

This totally cracked me up!!

I think I know where the photo is now, but clearly I was more absorbed in other things.....

Nice work!

Thanks!

Forced smile ;)

It's hard not to smile on that ride, but I still felt queasy.

Nice one, and the money shot of the dress! Is Fran wearing a Toads hat?

Yes, she is wearing a Toad Hat.

I did go the other day. I had told Vanessa (vamassey1) that I'd try the spicy chicken, so I did. I ate inside. And... it felt strangely wonderful.

Where'd ya go? :confused3

Good idea. He was pretty funny in that.

I'll put it on my list!

Right. But you cut it short, not like you skipped it while being able to go still.

Correct.

I see those now. I got the feeling that they were for bus staff. But maybe you're right. I tried doing a Google street view, but there's none there.

Not sure, but it's not like we can send anyone to scout it out for us. :sad2:

It's not the same, but thanks. :)

It's as close as we're going to get for a long long time.

Obviously. They let you on!

:laughing:

Probably a good idea. Certainly arguing with them would be a waste of time.

And if I stared them down, I'm afraid they would start saying mean things, and I don't like that.

If you remember, I wasn’t feeling so good at the MK and so we decided to return to the room. Back there Fran went right to sleep. I sat around and played Mahjong until just before 4PM. We had tickets to Moonlight Magic at the Animal Kingdom courtesy of DVC. Michael and his brother Gary were going to round out our party of four, and they were picking me up to go get the tickets ahead of time. They wanted to enter the park just as soon as their wristbands made the tickets active at 6PM, since this was the first year in decades that Michael hasn’t had a Disney pass. So we drove to AK and picked up three of our wristbands and meal vouchers, but since Fran wasn't present she would have to pick hers up at the hotel. You could get them there starting at 6PM.

I went back up to the room, and woke her up. The setting sun gave an interesting light to the scenery.

We headed out of the room, picked up her band and were on our way via the bus to AK. The sun was setting as we waited for our bus to arrive.

When we got there it was quite dark and nearly 7PM which was the time when the meal vouchers were valid. We had a choice of Flame Tree, Pizzasafari, Satuli Canteen, or Restaurantosaurus for our complimentary dinner. To me there was only one choice: Flame Tree. Evidently many other people felt the same because there was a long line. It moved quickly though. We got a half chicken plate and a ribs plate and split them both.

The only unfortunate thing was that our table was essentially in the dark so we could hardly see our food while we were eating. I had grabbed some tin foil sheets from the counter when we picked up our food, so I wrapped up the leftover meat to take with us. Fran had a baggie so it worked out well.

She asked if I wanted to ride Everest and I said sure. Unfortunately it was down when we got there, but we could hear the cars on the tracks testing, so we knew it wouldn't take long. And then soon I was riding. I forgot my MB on the first ride so I didn't get the picture. Boy is Everest a trip in the dark! So much fun!

They had the area nicely illuminated.

And I decided that a Blue Drink was in order!

At first we weren't going to do the Safari, Michael sent me a text that they had just done this and told us it was cool. We got on shortly before 10PM when it closed. I didn't have the phone camera ready to take any shots, honestly I didn't think they would come out. But evidently those sleeping animatronic lions are replaced with active live counterparts at night, because they were roaming around like prowling animals. Several of the other species were quite active as well. It was pretty neat to do this after hours after all!

When we got off the ride Michael and Gary found us and we chatted for a bit. They were going to see the special showing of Rivers of Light while we had already decided on our plan for the rest of the night. Mickey Bars and Flight of passage. They were giving out the Mickey bars in Starbucks next to Africa and they were handing them out two at a time!

I ate one on our way to FoP and knew that was all I could do, otherwise I would crash hard. So I gave Fran my other bar and while I went on the ride, she ended up eating three Mickey Bars! :eek:

The wait was 20 minutes, and they sent us through the regular queue. I'd never been through there before and it was pretty neat. But not 180 minutes wait neat.

The ride was great as always.

The Mickey bar I ate was definitely getting to me. By now it was 11:20, my eyelids were drooping and I had to admit that I was tired. We had agreed earlier in the day that we did not want to stay all the way until midnight so we headed to the bus stop. It took forever for the bus to get there. Way longer than 20 minutes and I laid my head down on my tiller and almost fell asleep.

Back in the room, I plugged in the scooters and took my bath before going to bed.

And I decided that a Blue Drink was in order!
YUmmmmmm. A blue drink at Disney is always in order!!! I prefer when they come with a glow cube, too :)

So I gave Fran my other bar and while I went on the ride, she ended up eating three Mickey Bars! :eek:
Oh, this is my husband to a T!!! One is about all I can handle, and he is always willing to finish mine up or my son's, too!!

The wait was 20 minutes, and they sent us through the regular queue. I'd never been through there before and it was pretty neat. But not 180 minutes wait neat.
Would you believe I have never been through the actual queue for this attraction!!? 20 minutes sounds OK, but I agree, if I don't have a FP, there's no way I'm waiting 180 minutes. Wondering how it will be when we're there in July. Hoping to check out the full queue with a short wait, for sure!

Hi Alyson! I echo Paulines quote as I am also coming out of lukdom to say how much I enjoy your reports. I love your attention to details, your planning , your cooking talents and how you can make just an english muffin and a V 8 look appetizing. I also feel like I learn something . I thank you and other trip writers who keep us entertained while we are trying to figure out how to continue to enjoy our " Happiest Place on Earth'! Good thoughts to you and Fran. Joanne

Where'd ya go? :confused3
Whoopsie! Here I give the story without even saying the main plot point.
Went to Popeye's. It's relatively new here.
Not sure, but it's not like we can send anyone to scout it out for us. :sad2:
Not yet, anyway.
It's as close as we're going to get for a long long time.
<sigh> Yeah... :(
And if I stared them down, I'm afraid they would start saying mean things, and I don't like that.
No one does. Probably best to ignore the ignorant.
The sun was setting as we waited for our bus to arrive.
Pretty sky. :)
We had a choice of Flame Tree, Pizzasafari, Satuli Canteen, or Restaurantosaurus for our complimentary dinner. To me there was only one choice: Flame Tree.
Interesting. I know a lot of people who'd pick Satuli as their first choice (not mine.) And I'm sure you've mentioned enjoying a good burger at Restaurantosaurus before.
We got a half chicken plate and a ribs plate and split them both.
That looks good!
I had grabbed some tin foil sheets from the counter
Wait. What? Are they just there? Or did you ask for some?
Boy is Everest a trip in the dark! So much fun!
Must remember this. :)
But evidently those sleeping animatronic lions are replaced with active live counterparts at night, because they were roaming around like prowling animals.
Oh! Good to know!
Several of the other species were quite active as well. It was pretty neat to do this after hours after all!
I'll have to keep an eye out for future after hours events (if offered) at AK.
They were giving out the Mickey bars in Starbucks next to Africa and they were handing them out two at a time!
Niiiice.
So I gave Fran my other bar and while I went on the ride, she ended up eating three Mickey Bars! :eek:
:laughing: Well, they'd just melt!
I've never seen it either. Thanks for the photos. :)
The Mickey bar I ate was definitely getting to me.
You mentioned that before... and I'm pretty sure I asked you about it. But... sorry, I forget. Ice cream makes you sleepy?

We had a choice of Flame Tree, Pizzasafari, Satuli Canteen, or Restaurantosaurus for our complimentary dinner. To me there was only one choice: Flame Tree.

You're darn right!

Boy is Everest a trip in the dark! So much fun!

You know, I don't think I've ever tried it at night. I'll have to make a note.

But evidently those sleeping animatronic lions are replaced with active live counterparts at night, because they were roaming around like prowling animals.

So that's the secret. Interesting.

So I gave Fran my other bar and while I went on the ride, she ended up eating three Mickey Bars!

She does love her ice cream!

Looks pretty cool. I've never seen it, but would definitely walk through for 20 minutes.

YUmmmmmm. A blue drink at Disney is always in order!!! I prefer when they come with a glow cube, too :)

I have soooo many of those glow cubes floating around my house.... :rolleyes1

Oh, this is my husband to a T!!! One is about all I can handle, and he is always willing to finish mine up or my son's, too!!

She really does like her ice cream. One of my TRs was "Do we really need more ice cream?" Cause we stayed at the BC, and not only did we get sundaes at Beaches and Cream, but we also visited Ample Creamery several times, plus we hit a few other ice cream places.

Would you believe I have never been through the actual queue for this attraction!!?

I think most people on the DIS haven't been through the queue. We all know better to make FP.

20 minutes sounds OK, but I agree, if I don't have a FP, there's no way I'm waiting 180 minutes. Wondering how it will be when we're there in July. Hoping to check out the full queue with a short wait, for sure!

I can't wait to hear about your trip! Did you make your reservations yesterday?

It will be strange with limited attendance in the parks, but I think it will be nice with less people!

Thank you for the welcome, it seems you have a New England fan club😬

The closest I’ve ever been to a Mickey Bar was buying a large carton at BJs. I’ve never had one at Disney, so not sure they’re the same🤷🏼‍♀️, but they are good!

Trying to muddle my way through this ‘new’ Disney, my DD and I are overdue for a trip. Is anyone else confused, overwhelmed, disappointed in trying to book a trip?

Hi Alyson! I echo Paulines quote as I am also coming out of lukdom to say how much I enjoy your reports.

:welcome:

I'm glad you came out of lurkdom! So nice to have people chiming in.

One little note, I am Alison with an "i" which is good to note because in an upcoming bonus feature Allyson with a "y" will be making a cameo!

I love your attention to details, your planning , your cooking talents and how you can make just an english muffin and a V 8 look appetizing.

Well thank you!

I also feel like I learn something . I thank you and other trip writers who keep us entertained while we are trying to figure out how to continue to enjoy our " Happiest Place

That's why I like to share. Everyone researches different things on their own. I've read so many helpful things on people's TRs. I never would have known about Strawberry Soup if I hadn't read about it on a TR!

I can't wait to hear about your trip! Did you make your reservations yesterday?

It will be strange with limited attendance in the parks, but I think it will be nice with less people!
Yes! We were lucky enough to get park reservations for every day of our trip on exactly the days I had planned/hoped for!

Part of me is a little sad at the things we love that won't be part of this trip, BUT the other part of me is really excited for the adventure that the trip will be! I'm not sure what to expect in some ways, which is absolutely different than our usual trips that are planned to the minute by my type A-self! :)

I will definitely do a TR for this one!!!

Whoopsie! Here I give the story without even saying the main plot point.
Went to Popeye's. It's relatively new here.

That's daring of you! We can't eat there, the chicken is too spicy for us.

<sigh> Yeah... :(

And yet they are reopening.....

No one does. Probably best to ignore the ignorant.

Either that or vote them out.....

Interesting. I know a lot of people who'd pick Satuli as their first choice (not mine.) And I'm sure you've mentioned enjoying a good burger at Restaurantosaurus before.

I know there is a big Satuli crowd reading here (or they used to be not sure where they went), and the burger at Restaurantosaurus was OK, it had a nice toppings bar. But I think the last time I ate at Flame Tree was with my parents in 2010.

That looks good!

It sure was!

Wait. What? Are they just there? Or did you ask for some?

I think there was a box on the pick up counter and you could just grab as many sheets as you wanted. I knew that we couldn't finish two full dinner orders, so I planned ahead.

Must remember this. :)

Rarely am I in a theme park after dark unless I'm having dinner, so riding an outdoor roller coaster was a real treat for me. I've heard that Incredicoaster is fun late at night too....sometime......

Oh! Good to know!
I'll have to keep an eye out for future after hours events (if offered) at AK.

Hopefully they will get back to offering these events.

Yes they were very generous.

:laughing: Well, they'd just melt!

I know that's why I felt bad they gave us two! Luckily Fran was up to the challenge!

I've never seen it either. Thanks for the photos. :)

Most of us here on the DIS know to get FP so as to avoid the long waits.

You mentioned that before... and I'm pretty sure I asked you about it. But... sorry, I forget. Ice cream makes you sleepy?

Well sleepy is one part. Sometimes I get an upset stomach. I drank some chocolate milk, and had a queasy feeling in my tummy for quite a while. I think large amounts of sugar and lactose affect me adversely.

You're darn right!

:thumbsup2

You know, I don't think I've ever tried it at night. I'll have to make a note.

AK usually closes at dark, so normally one doesn't get the chance. Now with things that are happening at night at that park.

So that's the secret. Interesting.

Yes, evidently they are animatronics by day, live animals at night!

She does love her ice cream!

She sure does! Even at home, she's still enjoying it practically nightly.

Looks pretty cool. I've never seen it, but would definitely walk through for 20 minutes.

The line never really stopped, so it was pretty amusing the whole way through.

That's daring of you! We can't eat there, the chicken is too spicy for us.
Really? I've been twice now and tried their spicy and regular and didn't find even the spicy to be very spicy. But! The menu is a bit different (different sides) so I wonder if they tone down the spice for us northerners?
And yet they are reopening.....
Not to me they ain't.
Either that or vote them out.....
:laughing:
I know there is a big Satuli crowd reading here (or they used to be not sure where they went), and the burger at Restaurantosaurus was OK, it had a nice toppings bar. But I think the last time I ate at Flame Tree was with my parents in 2010.
Long time for you! After seeing your photo, I've got a hankering to return. Been a bit for me, too.
I think there was a box on the pick up counter and you could just grab as many sheets as you wanted.
Huh!
I've heard that Incredicoaster is fun late at night too....sometime......
You're a bit closer to that one. :)
I know that's why I felt bad they gave us two! Luckily Fran was up to the challenge!
::yes::
Most of us here on the DIS know to get FP so as to avoid the long waits.
Yep. Not waiting 3 hours in line just to see... a line. I don't care what they have in it.
Well sleepy is one part. Sometimes I get an upset stomach. I drank some chocolate milk, and had a queasy feeling in my tummy for quite a while. I think large amounts of sugar and lactose affect me adversely.
Okay. I have felt the same after chocolate milk a couple of times too, so get that.

Thank you for the welcome, it seems you have a New England fan club😬

Very glad to have you here! Where in New England are you? I was born in Boston and went back for several weeks every summer to stay with my grandparents. We spent a lot of time at their house on the Cape as well as in town.

The closest I’ve ever been to a Mickey Bar was buying a large carton at BJs. I’ve never had one at Disney, so not sure they’re the same🤷🏼‍♀️, but they are good!

They sold them in large cartons? We don't have BJs out here, but I got them at Ralphs (Kroger) and they came in six packs for around $7-8. The only difference between the store bought ones and the ones in the parks is the store bought ones were 3oz while the ones in the park are 4oz. I think the chocolate coating on the ones in the park are a little thicker, but the flavors are pretty much identical.

Trying to muddle my way through this ‘new’ Disney, my DD and I are overdue for a trip. Is anyone else confused, overwhelmed, disappointed in trying to book a trip?

I'm not even trying to book anything (for myself). We've decided we won't be back at WDW until Sept/Oct 2021. So yesterday I rented out the rest of my 2020 BCV points to two different sets of folks through one of the rental sites. I still have some points at the WL to rent out, but there isn't anyone looking right now.

I do have some nights in March booked at the Grand Californian, and we'll probably make a few day trips out there once the parks open up, but no word on that beyond the date they plan on opening up in July.

Yes! We were lucky enough to get park reservations for every day of our trip on exactly the days I had planned/hoped for!

Good for you! I heard that it was nightmare trying to get through to the site. I made the mistake of trying to go there and look up a menu item for something I was writing for the next update and couldn't even get on. Luckily Allears had the information that I was looking for.

Part of me is a little sad at the things we love that won't be part of this trip, BUT the other part of me is really excited for the adventure that the trip will be! I'm not sure what to expect in some ways, which is absolutely different than our usual trips that are planned to the minute by my type A-self! :)

I was sad to see that none of the signature restaurants were opening back up. Sounds like the whole process of getting restaurant reservations is crazy, since you have to have a park reservation just to get one for a restaurant. For me dining is a big part of my experience, so I would really miss a lot of the places that are closed. And the shows too, I really like those for escaping the hot sun.

I will definitely do a TR for this one!!!

I am looking forward to reading it! It will be such a different experience!

Really? I've been twice now and tried their spicy and regular and didn't find even the spicy to be very spicy. But! The menu is a bit different (different sides) so I wonder if they tone down the spice for us northerners?

Well, I don't think I had a problem with it, but Fran definitely seems to think it is too spicy for her.

Long time for you! After seeing your photo, I've got a hankering to return. Been a bit for me, too.

I'm hoping we will be back sooner rather than later, then again we won't be back to WDW for over a year now. I'm sure glad we went in February!

You're a bit closer to that one. :)

Yes, we will be back to that one much sooner.

Yep. Not waiting 3 hours in line just to see... a line. I don't care what they have in it.

Yeah, I can't believe that we waited 4 hours to get her tiki mug! The things we do for our loved ones. :sad2:

Okay. I have felt the same after chocolate milk a couple of times too, so get that.

Why do the things that taste so good do such horrible things? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter