The 999'th Haunt stole my bra Completed 7-20, Final thoughts added 8-20

Doing a BIG catch-up here. It's amazing how far behind RL can put you on things like this. Anyways...

I love the pics with you and Mark in front of the Christmas topiary. It's so so cute. Then all your pics from the M&Gs with the fab three. Lucky you for getting to spend extra time with the Goof. I wish I could see that video of Mark and him dancing, I'm sure it was hysterical. Goofy's the best!

All your PP pics are just the sweetest! You look like you genuinely had a lot of fun with these PP photographers, how great!

Omg Chefs de France sounds and looks delicious! I guess I'm gonna need a midnight snack after reading this lol If one day I have the money to go to Chefs and get myself some Beef Bourgogne and Lobster Bisque, I'm doing it!

Sorry to hear it got cold and resulted in you having to deal with a bit of a grump. I approve your pushing it to watch the IllumiNations holiday tag, it really is worth it (see: that time I was a sick puppy and stayed at Epcot with my fam to watch it with them).

OMG GRAND FLORIDIAN CONCIERGE!!! RICHARD!!! Wow, what a magical morning and with CHAMPAGNE TOO. This sounds like it was an amazing day.

You've never entered MK from the left side before? Interesting. Both sides are always opened. I tend to vary and never find myself entering one side more than the other unless I need to make a bee line for the Town Square Theater for Tink or Mickey.

The show you saw from far away and that came by you was actually the Main Street Trolley Show, not the Dapper Dans. The Dapper Dans are the barbershop quartet, they don't perform in front of the train station. They actually usually start their sets out in front of the Harmony Barbershop so you probably just missed them. The Trolley Show is my favorite and the Trolley Kids are so sweet about photos and meeting people after their last show. It's too bad though that they only perform in the mornings. :/

Yay for a Harmony Barbershop haircut and pixie dusting (so wish I had gone there during my program but I was too devoted to the sweet CMs out at Castle Couture)! Sorry the CM you had cutting Mark's hair wasn't the greatest.

Love all your Castle pics! You look so magical and happy. I can't wait to hear about your first adventures at MK and yes, SPRING NEEDS TO GET HERE NOW!!! I WANT TO WEAR SHORTS AGAIN AND GET OUT OF THESE UGLY (but comfy) SWEATS!!!

That Harmony Barber Shop is really tiny, much easier to wait outside. Is that where you got pixie dusted? I had no idea they did that!
Yes on the Pixie dust and it's free.

My first thought was "No crane".

:rolleyes:
Oh I hadn't thought about that. I took a crane free view for granted, it's usually up when go in Sept as their putting the lights on the castle. I did not take the lack of scrims on MS for granted though, I noticed their absence immediately.

What is this "spring" you speak of?
I know right!!!!!!!

Gah Men! This is exactly what my husband would do too
I had a suspicion mine isn't the only one that gets grumpyl.

Great morning MK pictures!! My cousin got his first haircut at the barber shop and it was a lot of fun!
How cool for your cuz.

You got some great pictures of the holiday décor at YC. I need to get there at holiday time someday to see this in person.
Yes you do.

Did you end up enjoying your leftovers later?
The cake was yummy but had no micro wave to warm the Beef Bourgogne.

Looks like you had a great night of French food in Epcot.
::yes:: imagine a wine Emoji here too

Club Level looks amazing! Can't wait to try it out at WL next month!
Enjoy

All your PP pics are just the sweetest! You look like you genuinely had a lot of fun with these PP photographers, how great!
I usually enjoy most all CM interactions they can be just as fun as a character.

If one day I have the money to go to Chefs and get myself some Beef Bourgogne and Lobster Bisque, I'm doing it!
Yumm so many good restaurant choices, it took us many years before this became an ADR that I didn't change to something else.

I approve your pushing it to watch the IllumiNations holiday tag, it really is worth it (see: that time I was a sick puppy and stayed at Epcot with my fam to watch it with them).
You were such a good bro & son sticking it out.

OMG GRAND FLORIDIAN CONCIERGE!!! RICHARD!!! Wow, what a magical morning and with CHAMPAGNE TOO. This sounds like it was an amazing day.
Yes it started out as a GRAND day

The show you saw from far away and that came by you was actually the Main Street Trolley Show, not the Dapper Dans. The Dapper Dans are the barbershop quartet, they don't perform in front of the train station.
I had no idea, thanks.

Monday Dec 4'th part 5
Adventure abounds in Adventure land

Some castle selfies without the dreaded crane present as is usual when we visit in September.
IMG_20171204_102629614_TOP.jpg IMG_20171204_102632514 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_102638097 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_102639745 - Copy.jpg

After playing around in front of the castle we headed over to Adventure Land. We came across what I’m assuming is the pirate tutorial. We stood around and laughed at a few of the jokes and then we were on our way.

IMG_20171204_103705235 - Copy.jpg

I had FP booked for BTRR at 10:50 and Splash 11:10am. I was lucky that Splash had just opened back up after being down for refurb for a while. Or so I thought. Splash was down and I got an anytime FP that I never did use. I thought I had to use it the same day but I’m thinking from reading some of your TR’s that it’s good to use for several days. Is this correct?

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming for this important message. Prior to leaving on the trip I had to show Mark a photo of @pkondz on Splash reading. He loved it, he didn’t realize that odd posing like that was a thing. I'm not imaginative enough to figure out something unique for posing. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

After those FP’s I had planned to watch the Muppets in Liberty Sq and then the FOF Parade. But I had forgotten these plans and we road the train around the park. This is something that I really thought Mark liked doing. When we were talking about it afterwards I discovered that he doesn’t care. So we may not be riding that much in the future. Once off the train Splash still wasn’t open so off to our next big adventure.

Next big adventure continued in next post

Attachments

• IMG_20171204_103023588 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20171204_103023588 - Copy.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Monday Dec 4'th part 6
Lunch and Hitchhiking ghost

We decide to get some lunch at Columbia Harbor House before our next FP. So once I found a spot that had Wifi I got on MDE and preordered our lunch. I love this feature and am so glad they have it, it saved us so much time. CHH was packed with the lunchtime crowd. Mark was afraid we would never find a place to sit but you awesome Dissers have taught me about the dining room upstairs and I sent Mark up to get us a table while I waited for our food. :disrocks: Sure enough no problems finding seating up there. This was our first time at CHH but I hope not our last it was very good with the exception Marks meal. Mark had ordered the Lobster Roll with Fries and I got The Shrimp Mac and Cheese. Mark took 1 bite of his roll and didn’t like it. Tasted too much like celery and he’s not a big fan. The sauce on the lobster roll was very thin and runny not thick like it should be. My Mac & cheese was awesome and I begrudgingly agreed to trade him. The Mac & Cheese was filling and Mark couldn’t eat it all so I did get some more of that yumminess. We also split the clam chowder which was pretty good. Had we known that Liberty Tree Tavern now served beer (Thanks Keri @kastoney ) I would have made ADR’s there and would never have discovered how great CHH was.
IMG_20171204_115902745 - Copy.jpg

After lunch we made our way over to our next FP, The Haunted Mansion. This is one of our favorite rides. Looking at you @Raeven. Our ride in the doom buggy was less than great. It was very dark and hard to see a lot of things. We would later learn that they didn’t have all of the lights and effects on. But I’m telling you one of those Hitchhiking ghost did stick around with us for the day.

After the HM another first for us was finding the Tangled bathrooms. We took the obligatory pictures in this area as we made our way thru Fantasyland.
IMG_20171204_122756850 - Copy.jpg
The PP here had a huge line and I wasn't about that so deeper into Fantasyland we delve.
IMG_20171204_123056282_HDR - Copy.jpg

We found a PP in front of the Beasts castle and took a few pictures and got to meet Lumiere.
MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_20171204_406882249656 - Copy - Copy.jpg MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_20171204_406882249657 - Copy.jpg MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_20171204_406882249659 - Copy (2).jpg

I had a 1:40 FP for SDMT and still wanted to catch the FOF parade at 2. So we had to get going. As is usual I’m lucky to get to use Marks FP on this ride too. On my first ride I had an older lady that didn’t speak much English riding with me and she was pretty scared. I don’t know if I was laughing more at the ride or her.

MK_MINETRAIN_20171204_8137658068 - Copy.jpeg MK_MINETRAIN_20171204_8137661829 - Copy.jpeg

On the second ride our car stopped for a bit and I had a great view of the castle. I thought that there was something wrong with the ride and we would be stuck. However, I think they just had it paused for a bit to let someone with a disability off/on.
MK_MINETRAIN_20171204_8137664357 - Copy.jpeg
Soon enough I was watching my favorite Princess dance with some handsome little men. Love that scene and wished we sat there longer to see more of it. I was surprised when I was looking at my ride photos that they have videos of the ride. Love it.

continued in next post.

Monday Dec 4'th part 7
It's a great day for a parade

After my quick rides thru a German forest it was time to get to the hub to get a spot for the parade. When we were here last it was the first yr of FOF. We waited on MS for an hr to view it, I had timed things incorrectly and needed to get to a FP for 7DMT so we gave up our spot and missed the parade. But this yr I was determined to see it. We didn’t get there early enough to get a good viewing spot but we were able to see some.
IMG_20171204_141758765 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_142122096_HDR - Copy.jpg

I was very happy to see the fire was working on Maleficent. Kinda looks like he's trying to put heat up the fountain water.

IMG_20171204_142503331 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20171204_142646094_HDR - Copy.jpg

Then it was time for the 2 main mice to make their appearance.
IMG_20171204_142804527 (2) - Copy.jpg

After the parade we played around the hub a bit and posed for more PP. While the parade moved up MS.MK_PLAZAGARDENEASTLAWN_20171204_406891240348 - Copy - Copy.jpg MK_PLAZAGARDENEASTLAWN_20171204_406891241202 - Copy - Copy.jpg

By this time I had received our room ready text and I was excited to get back to GF to see what our room would be like and if I got my room request of a king bed.

We followed the parade up MS.
IMG_20171204_143627863 - Copy.jpg

As we pushed thru with the crowd to exit the park.:crowded: There was a father pushing one of the MK rental strollers behind me and he hit my ankle, he hit it again harder this time.:headache::crutches: I stopped turned around and held my index finger up and said/yelled STOP you have hit me not once but twice and held up a second finger. He was totally taken aback as was another lady not with him. She started laughing. Kinda made me laugh too. I even surprised myself I’m a yeller just ask Mark or my brother, but not usually to strangers. But it worked he stood there for a bit and let us get farther ahead before he started up again. Mark said he was glad I said something as the guy had hit him 3 times. Humm wondering to myself why he didn’t say anything.

We discussed the boat back or the Monorail. Mark wanted to take the monorail so off to the monorail we go. Get up to the top to discover we were once again on the wrong platform. We were on the direct monorail to TTT. We made this mistake on our last visit. Guess we’ll never learn. So down we go and up to the resort monorail. We crowd into a monorail and stand. After the Contempo we are able to sit. While we were stopped at the Poly waiting for the monorail to take off again I swear someone grabbed my knee and I literally jumped in my seat. I was on the end of the seat and there was nobody next to me. It really surprised me. Mark was looking at me with bewilderment on his face and I told him what happened. He joked and said that it was one of the hitch hiking ghost. :hmghost:LOL.:lmao:

That's it for tonight until next time TTFN.

Attachments

• IMG_20171204_141739332 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20171204_141739332 - Copy.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 5
Love all the craneless castle photos, that's always so nice as well as no scrims on Main Street. September is truly a dream time to come.

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to ride Splash and that some effects weren't working on Mansion. Hope you got to go on them later in the trip!

CHH, MY FAVE!!! And yes, upstairs tables ALWAYS. I went on Christmas day and it was STILL empty up there. People just never do their research *eyeroll* I'm sorry to hear Mark's Lobster Roll wasn't up to snuff. I had a pretty good lobster roll when I was there and I'm a born-and-bred New Englander lol Guess they weren't on their game, but I'm glad to hear everything else was good.

Omg the woman next to you on your first time on 7DMT is killing me. She looking so glamorous but freaking out. It's almost as if you were sitting next to Donatella Versace getting her Disney on hahaha

Tip for the next time you see FoF, go to Frontierland at least a half hour before. Main Street and that area fills up quick. Frontierland, not so much, and you still get the same parade experience. You also can potentially run to Main Street and watch it again at the end of the parade route.

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

P.S. Ew strollers. People just don't know how to maneuver them in Disney UGH

I was lucky that Splash had just opened back up after being down for refurb for a while. Or so I thought. Splash was down
I swear Splash is always down!!! I'm pretty confident I haven't ridden it in at least 5 years :P

Mark had ordered the Lobster Roll with Fries and I got The Shrimp Mac and Cheese. Mark took 1 bite of his roll and didn’t like it. Tasted too much like celery and he’s not a big fan.
Yikes, sorry for Mark this wasn't good. I love a lobster roll, but hate celery too so I would not have been a fan. Every time I order a lobster roll I have to clarity it does not have celery in it first.

ad we known that Liberty Tree Tavern now served beer (Thanks Keri @kastoney ) I would have made ADR’s there and would never have discovered how great CHH was.
Glad you all got to discover CHH. We enjoy it too, but haven't been in years. Because, hello there is beer in MK :drinking1

I had a 1:40 FP for SDMT and still wanted to catch the FOF parade at 2. So we had to get going. As is usual I’m lucky to get to use Marks FP on this ride too.
Awesome you get 2 for 1!

On my first ride I had an older lady that didn’t speak much English riding with me and she was pretty scared. I don’t know if I was laughing more at the ride or her.
mk_minetrain_20171204_8137658068-copy-jpeg.316511
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Her faces are priceless!

There was a father pushing one of the MK rental strollers behind me and he hit my ankle, he hit it again harder this time.:headache::crutches: I stopped turned around and held my index finger up and said/yelled STOP you have hit me not once but twice and held up a second finger. He was totally taken aback as was another lady not with him. She started laughing. Kinda made me laugh too. I even surprised myself I’m a yeller just ask Mark or my brother, but not usually to strangers. But it worked he stood there for a bit and let us get farther ahead before he started up again.
Good for you. When Casey was still in a stroller we were so uber conscious about how we impacted others. Clearly not everyone at Disney shares that mantra and feels they own the entire sidewalk

While we were stopped at the Poly waiting for the monorail to take off again I swear someone grabbed my knee and I literally jumped in my seat. I was on the end of the seat and there was nobody next to me. It really surprised me. Mark was looking at me with bewilderment on his face and I told him what happened. He joked and said that it was one of the hitch hiking ghost. :hmghost:LOL.:lmao:
Ok now that is seriously creepy!!! Did they steal your bra too? :P

I thought I had to use it the same day but I’m thinking from reading some of your TR’s that it’s good to use for several days. Is this correct?
I think that only happens if the FP is in the last hour of the park being open. Then it may last for the next day and possibly the day afterwards. But normally it will just be for that day and that park.

Love all your selfies! You guys are too cute.

I feel like Splash is always down! I didn't get to ride last time I was there because it was being refurbed. I love that ride, but hate that it seems so hit or miss.

Love the pictures of SDMT! Looks like you were having a blast!

FoF is so awesome! Glad you got to see most of it!

I love Indy but believe it or not I'm allergic to the cold and will break out in hives if my skin gets too cold. Even slipping under cold sheets will make me itch.

I have the exact same thing! People have always looked at me like I am making it up when I tell them about this (unless we're outside and they get to see for themselves). I hope I have solved that problem though by moving from MI to Tampa a few months ago :o) Hopefully less breaking out in hives - and much closer to Disney!

Some castle selfies without the dreaded crane present as is usual when we visit in September.

You're welcome. ;)

We came across what I’m assuming is the pirate tutorial. We stood around and laughed at a few of the jokes and then we were on our way.

You didn't get recruited?

Prior to leaving on the trip I had to show Mark a photo of @pkondz on Splash reading. He loved it, he didn’t realize that odd posing like that was a thing.

::yes::

We decide to get some lunch at Columbia Harbor House

Been on my list for years.

Mark had ordered the Lobster Roll with Fries and I got The Shrimp Mac and Cheese. Mark took 1 bite of his roll and didn’t like it.

Too bad. That specifically has been on my list.

My Mac & cheese was awesome

But I put that (and the clam chowder) on it instead.

The Haunted Mansion. This is one of our favorite rides.

Not "one" of my faves. It is my fave.

We would later learn that they didn’t have all of the lights and effects on.

Huh. That... sucks.

On my first ride I had an older lady that didn’t speak much English riding with me and she was pretty scared. I don’t know if I was laughing more at the ride or her.

:laughing:

I was very happy to see the fire was working on Maleficent.

Seen the parade a couple times and it wasn't working either time.

As we pushed thru with the crowd to exit the park.:crowded: There was a father pushing one of the MK rental strollers behind me and he hit my ankle, he hit it again harder this time.:headache::crutches: I stopped turned around and held my index finger up and said/yelled STOP you have hit me not once but twice and held up a second finger. He was totally taken aback as was another lady not with him. She started laughing. Kinda made me laugh too. I even surprised myself I’m a yeller just ask Mark or my brother, but not usually to strangers. But it worked he stood there for a bit and let us get farther ahead before he started up again. Mark said he was glad I said something as the guy had hit him 3 times. Humm wondering to myself why he didn’t say anything.

What's with that?? So he hit you guys 5 times and is oblivious???

I swear someone grabbed my knee and I literally jumped in my seat. I was on the end of the seat and there was nobody next to me. It really surprised me. Mark was looking at me with bewilderment on his face and I told him what happened. He joked and said that it was one of the hitch hiking ghost. :hmghost:LOL.:lmao:

:laughing: wonder which one it was?

Loving your report! Looks like you all have a great time together! That's awesome to see!!

Hi All:wave2: I can't believe it's been so long since I've made it back here. Hope everyone is enjoying this warmer weather we've been having.:sunny: We went straight from winter to summer here in Indy. Feel bad for all of the overheated fans at the Indianapolis 500 today.:car: High was suppose to be 93deg, and that is a record high.
Sweaty.jpg

CHH, MY FAVE!!! And yes, upstairs tables ALWAYS. I went on Christmas day and it was STILL empty up there. People just never do their research *eyeroll*
Yes Thank You, you're the one I learned it from. :worship:

Donatella Versace getting her Disney on hahaha
LOL now that you mention it yes.

Ok now that is seriously creepy!!! Did they steal your bra too? :P
That happens later tonight stay tuned for that. I will hint around that a lot of wine was involved.
GOTH wine.jpg

I think that only happens if the FP is in the last hour of the park being open. Then it may last for the next day and possibly the day afterwards.
Thank you:thanks:

Love all your selfies! You guys are too cute.
Aww thanks

I hope I have solved that problem though by moving from MI to Tampa a few months ago :o)
Hope it helps I really wish I could remember what that condition is called.

Seen the parade a couple times and it wasn't working either time.
:maleficenOMG I can't believe it caught on fire.

Hope you enjoyed your DL trip. Eventually I'll slow down and get a chance to get over to your TR to read all about it.

Loving your report! Looks like you all have a great time together! That's awesome to see!!
:welcome:to my TR.

Last edited:
Monday Dec 4'th part 8
A Grand Floridian Afternoon

Let me start out by saying that I wrote this up over a month ago and have debated long and hard about posting it as I wrote it or softening it up a bit. I don't like to be negative and this does come off that way. I have decided to keep it as is. I LOVE Disney and hope that I don't disappoint anyone with a not so positive post. Just being honest.

We arrived at GF and Mark went out to pull the car around so that we could unload our luggage with bell services. As usual Bell services was great as they have been at any Disney resort we’ve stayed. They offered to give us a ride to our building and we accepted. We had to go inside and out another door to meet our driver with our bags and got some pics of the grounds while we waited.
IMG_20171204_152416003 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_153439730 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20171204_153603602 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_153708107 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_153645057 - Copy.jpg

Bell services quickly showed up in a large golf cart with all of our luggage. It was interesting to hear all of the trivia and facts that he told us on our short trip to Sugar Loaf. I was surprised when he said the pools were open 24 hr's.

The driver dropped us off at the main door of SL and Mark and I went up to the room to wait for him to bring our luggage up a back way. Upon entering the room we discovered that it wasn’t a king but a double queen. Oh man. So off to the concierge in the club lounge I go to try to get us moved to a king room. The desk concierge wasn't happy but he called reservations to see what he could do. He didn’t seem very accommodating as I would expect a concierge to be. While waiting for him to talk to reservations I asked another concierge for a glass of champagne. Which she happily obliged. The gentleman gets off the phone and says that they don’t have any kings available and there wouldn’t be any during the rest of our stay. OK so granted a king room is by request only and isn’t a bookable category at this resort. I knew that going in, but I was extremely disappointed. Not a big deal when you’ve been married for 26 yr’s, but we spend enough nights apart with me working 3 nt’s a week and this was vacation. At least it’s not as bad as not getting a king on your honeymoon like Nate & Meghan Emily @MeghanEmily at the Poly. I’d say rant over but it’s not even close. Of all my Disney stays on property this was starting out as less then magical.
pouting.gif

I get back up to the room to find that bell services is there with all of our luggage waiting to see what room we’re moving to. I tell them we’re staying in this room and he starts unloading the luggage into our room. Mark tips him and he is soon on his way. We check out the room and balcony and everything is as we’ve seen in photo’s. It’s at this point that we realize we can hear everything going on down in the lobby. I was not happy and wanted to be moved to another room down one of the hallways with doors that close, not a room above the open air lobby. Mark didn’t want to bother with moving and didn’t want me to go down to concierge again. His answer was to put a towel on the floor under the crack of the door. I was shocked at how much noise that cut out and I was slightly placated.

Continued in next post.

Last edited:
Monday Dec 4'th part 9
A Grand Floridian Afternoon cont.

I took pictures of the room before we messed it up.
IMG_20171204_155757763_HDR - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_155805032_HDR - Copy.jpg
IMG_20171204_155823400 - Copy.jpg

I laugh as I see this picture who really cares what the toilet looks like right??? But size does matter to some folks. I thought the leather extra toilet paper holder above the john was classy.
IMG_20171204_155837287 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_155915802_HDR - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_155922424_HDR - Copy.jpg

We loved these pillows that said Once Upon a Time. Mark wanted to take one home (since when did he care about decor). I'm like absolutely not. If you want one that bad I'll buy you one for Christmas.
IMG_20171204_155940506 - Copy.jpg

I asked for a marina view room and we did get it. The far left there on the bottom is Gaspys grill and the outdoor furniture echoed up to our room anytime someone would pull one of those chairs out. We did enjoy watching the comings and goings of the boat rentals. Especially at night when the firework cruises were going out. We even saw a very large party go out on the huge yacht.
IMG_20171204_160009048_HDR - Copy.jpg

Again no alarm clock.
IMG_20171204_160401872 - Copy.jpg

While in the bathroom taking photo’s we heard this loud noise outside the balcony. I said some smart aleck comment to Mark about being in a peaceful room. Between the huge linen carts that rattle loudly, that they pull with golf carts going in front of our balcony all day and the noise coming up from Gaspy's this was a very loud resort compared to AKL and POR.

They are pretty rooms I’ll say that but the pictures don’t show the wear. We paid full rack rates of over $700 a nt and I expected better. Sorry for all of you GF lovers out there. I don’t know if I’d ever stay there again. There is something to be said for the ease to and from the MK. But I would only stay again if I got a deep discount. However, it is a dream we have marked off our bucket list.

I'll end this post with this picture. Can't go wrong with a little Champagne on the balcony. A monorail view to boot.

IMG_20171204_160653089_HDR - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Monday Dec 4'th part 10
Ta Da and the 999'th ghost stole my bra.

In a short amount of time I had our Christmas stockings up.
IMG_20171204_160622357 - Copy.jpg

It was time to go down to the club level to see what their afternoon tea was offering. We each got a plate of sweets and 2 Sam Adams Oktoberfest beers to take up to the balcony. In concierge they only allow 1 person 2 drinks at a time. Fair enough.

Canoli's

IMG_20171204_202903600 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_202914241 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_202919327 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_203152486 - Copy.jpg

They had the coconut macaroons every day and boy were they good.
IMG_20171204_204435650 - Copy.jpg

We were sitting on the balcony trying to enjoy the resort even though the loud carts just made it hard to relax. At this point we decide to cut our losses. We’ve already over paid for the room let’s just take advantage of the beers. So one of us goes down to get another round. Originally we were going to do the Sleigh ride tonight at Fort Wilderness but I cancelled those ressy’s a few weeks back since we weren’t able to get a discount on the room. Instead of the sleigh ride we were planning to go over to Wilderness lodge to check out Christmas décor and try out the Territory Lounge and eat at Geyser Point. After our first few beers we decided to nix that idea and stay. Why spend $ for something we’ve already paid for (concierge drinks). I don’t remember how many beers we went and got but it was several. Soon we were heading down together to check out the Twilight Refreshers (sorry no pictures). We each got a plate and I started drinking Cabernet. After we were finished with our plates we got a few more glasses of wine to take to the room. I will say that concierge staff manning the wine did very small pours and I asked for a little more in my glass, she begrudgingly obliged me. The evening progressed as the afternoon had with us having several more drinks.

karen.gif

It was getting to be time to head out to Gasparilla’s to sit and watch Happily Ever After. I had previously changed out of my daytime clothes and was relaxing in lounge wear so I went to put my clothes on in the dark room. As I’m feeling around and searching in the dark around my luggage I can’t find my bra. I tell Mark the 999’th ghost stole my bra.
ghosot.gif
After all of our cocktails this was hilarious to us.:rotfl2:

I finally find a different bra and finished getting dressed. We headed down to the lounge to grab a couple of cocktails to enjoy during the HEA. The same lady is working the cordials and explained to me that earlier she acted the way she did because management is watching them to make sure they aren’t giving away too much alcohol. Gotta say I’m not so sure I believe her but whatevs. One of the cordial they were offering was Frangelico. It’s an expensive hazelnut liquor produced by monks that I love. It’s on my Christmas list most every year. So I asked for 2 glasses of Frangelico. They were both light pours so I poured them both into one glass handed the glass to Mark and got another. Satisfied I had enough liquor to get me through HEA we headed out to the outdoor dining patio at Gasparilla’s. The view of HEA was great from this location and something I know I want to do again. All too soon the show was over.

Mark was hungry and ordered a pepperoni pizza to bring back to the room. While I headed back to Sugar Loaf and got us a plate of sweets for dessert. My memory is a little fuzzy here as you would expect, but I’m thinking we had water with the pizza. That or we still had beer left in the fridge. Mark was back to the room quickly. The pizza helped fill a void but wasn’t the best, but it wasn’t the worst pizza I’ve had on property. Soon it was time for bed even if it was separate beds, yeah still bitter.

bitter2.gif

Stay tuned to find out what Tuesday brings us.

Last edited:
We loved these pillows that said Once Upon a Time. Mark wanted to take one home (since when did he care about decor). I'm like absolutely not. If you want one that bad I'll buy you one for Christmas.

I actually love those pillows too and the couch.

They are pretty rooms I’ll say that but the pictures don’t show the wear. We paid full rack rates of over $700 a nt and I expected better.

Definitely! I'm sorry about your room situation, and just from looking at the rooms I can see that they aren't as nice as they should be for that price. I really like the properties that have refurbed rooms, but the only thing now is the other rooms seem dated and worn in comparison.

I'll end this post with this picture. Can't go wrong with a little Champagne on the balcony. A monorail view to boot.
img_20171204_160653089_hdr-copy-jpg.325315

Nice picture!

Yum! I'd probably take them all :rotfl:

:rotfl:

It was getting to be time to head out to Gasparilla’s to sit and watch Happily Ever After. I had previously changed out of my daytime clothes and was relaxing in lounge wear so I went to put my clothes on in the dark room. As I’m feeling around and searching in the dark around my luggage I can’t find my bra. I tell Mark the 999’th ghost stole my bra.
ghosot-gif.325326

After all of our cocktails this was hilarious to us.:rotfl2:

You're whole post about the drinks is hilarious though, at least you made the situation better by taking advantage of free drinks :thumbsup2

You're whole post about the drinks is hilarious though, at least you made the situation better by taking advantage of free drinks :thumbsup2
Thanks we try to make the best of everything.

I promise to eventually get back to your TR I haven't finished and I see you have a new one from this month I'll also have to check out.

Tuesday Dec 5’th

Relaxin around the resort

I woke around 8am and washed my teeth and brushed my face and styled my hair. LOL did you catch that. I headed down to CL for some breakfast while I let Mark sleep in.

Here are some pictures of the offerings at breakfast.

IMG_20171205_093337588 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171205_093346295 - Copy.jpg

These little veggie frittata's and sticky buns ended up on my plate each morning they were exceptional.
IMG_20171205_093358922 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171205_093404222 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171205_093412177 - Copy.jpg

These deviled eggs were also very good.
IMG_20171205_093417568 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171205_093420493 - Copy.jpg

After eating a plate of food I discovered and fell in love with the Cappacino machine. I will refer to him as cappy from here on out.
IMG_20171205_113847330 - Copy.jpg

Oh Cappy how I miss you. My itty bitty Cappacino machine at home doesn't taste nearly as good.
IMG_20171205_113854339 - Copy.jpg

After having one cup in the lounge I took another up to the room and sat on the balcony to clean up the photo’s on my phone. Space on my phone was an issue the entire trip. Since I have been home I have taken the AOL app off my phone and have had no issues with space since.

At picture limit continued in next post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter