The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

I can even sashay,
Prove it!!!
Because it’s the best way to take in and enjoy World Showcase.
Second best...
Like when I had to practically run from China to Food Alley to retrieve my camera battery that Kari so graciously brought for me when I forgot it in the room.
:sad2:
I want to end in Mexico, because we’re going to have dinner there.
Well... that's a pretty good reason.
Why? Because you can start fairly soon with a lemony slushie.
Mmmmm… good reason!
I Shop-Around-the-World.
::yes:: Did know that about you.
1) Costs less than $10.00, 2) Is small enough to fit easily in my suitcase, 3) Is something practical that I can use in everyday life (exceptions are Christmas ornaments), 4) It can’t be consumable like candy or other food, and 5) I have to find it in 10-15 minutes or less.
I also recall that $10 isn't a hard and fast rule.
Canada is first up and is almost always a complete disappointment.
Yeah... It could be so much better.
this coaster I picked up. It actually DOES get used by my roommate every night, so sure, useful.
So... okay. At least you found something.
But it’s not a hockey puck, so there’s that.
Wait! You can use a hockey puck as a coaster too!

You're welcome.
But! Where the merchandise in Canada fails, the scenery and beauty of the Pavilion more than make up for it.
::yes:: We done good, there.
I passed on the maple popcorn
That's on my list. Some day...
Yes, I Googled that and have no idea where the Magdalen Islands are except that they must be near Quebec.
Here:

Pretty shot! :)
It was a really fast flight over the Pond. No stop in Gander required.
No one does that anymore anyway. Back in the day? ::yes::
Unless of course bad things happen.
This year, I found a Cheshire Cat coaster to match the Alice one I already had.
What... no hockey pucks?
Which more than fit this year's trip to a T!
Actually... yes, I can see that, so... good choice!
Those are pretty. :)
Awww... your girls. :)
It’s always so people-y in there and I like my photos to have minimal amounts of peoples.
Get there early... Tell your mom you're gonna rope drop it and no stopping!
Did I get a slushie? You betcha!
Of course you did! You have to!
With Doc and Coni.
::yes::
The rhythmic drumming invites us to move along towards the Japan Pavilion and the kids always want to pause to take a listen.
Love the Taiko drums. :)
The Japanese one is on the right shaped like a leaf.
A photo so nice you posted it twice.
It’s bland, minimalistic, has the WORST merchandise, even worse than Canada, and gross food choices.
I'd have to agree with that...
I do, however, adore VOL and catch them almost every trip
They are wonderful to listen to. :)
and love the American Adventure show but haven’t seen it in far too long.
It's been over 30 years since I've seen it. I barely remember it.
There could be so much amazing merchandise like handcrafts from Amish country, specialty products from each state like small batch spirits from Oregon, Hatch chilis from New Mexico, or Mardi Gras items from Louisiana.
Those are all excellent choices!
I might get them framed along with some of my favorite photos I bring back from my trip to Italy this Fall.
Great idea!
This is the first time I notice that your painting is asymmetrical. :)
I, on the other hand, got a beautiful wine flight called Under a Tuscan Sun.
Sounds good.
I've never been in there. I was going to once, but the person I was with vetoed it.
Have to stop for the trains. HAVE TO.
No, we didn’t stop at Karamel Kuche.
:faint:

This cute little bag is my little travel buddy that holds my charging cords and adapters. It’s the perfect size to tuck into my carryon bag and hold everything all together in one place.
What a great idea. ::yes:: I should actually do the same.
I also got a few decent photos that showcase the intricate detailing on the building facades.
Nice shots. :thumbsup2
Norway comes into view and we are greeted with this little beauty. The Cream Made of Dreams:
Ah yes... your fave, if I'm not mistaken.
At risk of sounding boring or repetitive, this is also a pavilion I have started a collection from.
Um... is it those plates?
La Cava’s line is up the ramp and it’ll take over an hour to get one.
Yeah... that's pretty standard for that place. Too tiny. But appealing.
What is your favorite pavilion in World Showcase and why?
Easy. Japan. You should know why.
If you could add another pavilion which country would you choose and why?
Hmmmm…. Egypt might be pretty cool. Russia is another choice. Greece, maybe.

OOps. I was copying the poem and it had the link. I didn't intentionally put it in there.
I still think it was funny! :laughing:
Neither had I! We always said wagging...
Me too...
Yes, you did! "She's hard to miss!" LOLOLOL!
:laughing: ::yes:: You were!
Too much riff-raff on the Main Street. Unavoidable in those circumstances.
So, you're saying you spotted me on Main St.?
Mooooo....
:laughing:
He had eyes! Carved from a vegetable, but he did have them.
Good point.
Oh. My. Gosh! They should Golden Ticket that one.
... and stop calling me Shirley!
Shorry!
Brilliant!! :worship:
Thanks. :)
I can see it now, the headline reads:

"Rufied in Disney"
Not the headline you want to see. :sad2:
Sure it wasn't your pigs?
Mine were well behaved. By my side all night. Not like your misbehaved sheep.
Rum catching up to ya?
:rolleyes1
I think this game would be a little louder. And a tad more brutal.
:eek:
Huh, I'm not sure I have. But then again, while I've always wanted to do a little something for my kids, I never seem to follow through. I think it's supposed to celebrate all kinds of love, but yes, is generally reserved for erotic, not agape love.
Valentines.... I see imps shooting love arrows. You know?

No stop in Gander required
:) My commenting time has been very limited lately, but I had to give a tip of my hat to your Gander reference.
Just curious if you know about Gander from your aviation pursuit?
Or perhaps from "Come From Away"?
I must admit to not having spent much time in Gander. Driven through several times on the way somewhere. But never really stayed there very long, just a meal I think.

And

I have proclaimed a favourite several times, and I think it's probably been different every time.
Each one has its own charm.
If you're just talking about the pavilion itself, not thinking about food, snacks, drinks, I think I would say Morocco. There's something about the fountains in the back. I always like to take a quick walk in there. It breaks the heat a little and almost always there is nobody in there.

Add a pavilion. Australia? They have such a unique culture.

I can amble, I can wander, I can even sashay, but I saunter best.

I mostly power walk. Julie keeps telling me to slow down.

But! Where the merchandise in Canada fails, the scenery and beauty of the Pavilion more than make up for it.

This is true, it's a great-looking pavilion.

I found this incredible article about the construction, details, and well EVERYTHING about this pavilion. Loads of details here!

Morocco is really great for gawking.

We’ll see if the new BBQ place can change that.

I always have high hopes for BBQ.

(Yes, old photo from when it was on my fridge. I do know the difference between the fridge and the stove for all of you smart donkeys out there.)

You're killing all of my comments here.

This is where I got my nurse on before I shopped. After holding bags of puke, I found a perfect little something that I absolutely LOVE! This cute little bag is my little travel buddy that holds my charging cords and adapters.

Looks like it would hold puke, too!

Yes, there are only a limited number to buy, and this year, while I still like what I got, I was a moron and bought a repeat item. Next time I shop around the world, I’ll make sure to take photos of the items from the collections I already have so I don’t make the same mistake again. This isn’t the first time I’ve done that.

Whoops.

I hate that I can only be a Weekend DISser anymore. I’m working 5 days a week like most of you and am picking up on-call shifts on the weekends when they are available. Surgeries, new cars, and cruises don’t pay for themselves…

Hey, I know the feeling. That's why my updates are so slow.

Hmm...good question. From a visual standpoint, I find myself drawn to Germany, Morocco and Canada the most. It was Canada hands-down before they transformed Le Cellier into a frou-frou place.

Australia, New Zealand or Switzerland. Mostly because they're the places I most want to travel to. If we need something more exotic, it seems like South America and Africa are under-represented. I bet Disney could do an amazing Egyptian pavilion.

And

Thanks for the saunter on this chilly afternoon!! :) I love the idea to pick up a little something in each country. It got me thinking...I'm not sure I have ever purchased anything from from walks around the world!! I LOVE looking through all the shops, but never seem to bring anything home. WAIT! As I type that, I am realizing, on my very first Disney trip I bought a gigantic Winnie the Pooh plush in the UK pavilion LOL I had to sit on my suitcase to force it to zip shut with him inside. But nothing since him, I think!!

I always find it so interesting when there are rumors of another pavilion being added. For one, even though I know there is room for several more countries, when I'm actually there walking around I can't imagine how they'd squeeze them in!

I forgot a LOT of stuff this trip but that’s a rabbit hole we don’t need to fall into right now.
But at least you brought your underwear.
I want to end in Mexico, because we’re going to have dinner there.
No, that's where you're supposed to start. You can always circle back.
And secondly, it’s the proper way to tackle World Showcase. Why? Because you can start fairly soon with a lemony slushie.
No! You start with a margarita then have that slush later in the day when it is hotter!
Canada is first up and is almost always a complete disappointment.
I blame @pkondz
We finish our lovely saunter around World Showcase in Mexico. Doesn’t a margarita sound nice? Tough. La Cava’s line is up the ramp and it’ll take over an hour to get one.
And that is why you start in Mexico!!!
Unless you have an ADR at San Angel. Which we did.
Oh... well played. :thumbsup2
But first a stroll through the pavilion and a ride on It’s a Small Mexico.
:thumbsup2
This one is tough. I love the feel of the Italy pavilion as Italy is a place I want to visit and the architecture and feel of that pavilion does kind of transport me there (not to mention I LOVE Via Napoli), but I'm going to go with Mexico. The kids love It's a Small Mexico, DW & I love the margaritas, and I just really love the atmosphere of the night time market inside the pavilion. It's always a great place to escape the hot Florida sun and relax and cool off.
Australia. It's such a diverse country/continent. There's a lot of things in that country that I'm fascinated with and would love to visit. I'd like to have a part of it brought to Disney World!

Well, two actually. I want to end in Mexico, because we’re going to have dinner there.

That makes sense.

I agree, it's a beautiful.

I passed on the maple popcorn, but we did enjoy the upbeat, quite talented Canadian group, Suroît, a folk band from Québec’s Magdalen Islands.

We usually enjoy the entertainment here too.

This year, I found a Cheshire Cat coaster to match the Alice one I already had. Which more than fit this year's trip to a T! And makes me wonder if they are rolling out a series that I could collect for a few more years. Makes the choosing all that much easier. And yes, I like coasters. I have a lot of wood in my place, and I do use them.

These are supper cute and perfect.

But sometimes the best souvenir is a photo of loved ones in a place you love as well.

Lovely photo!

Yep, did that too. In fact, here it is:

Very nice!

There are loads of details and colors and amazing textures and wonderful patterns.

So much to see in here.

This little bowl, along with the piece I got in Japan, sit on my antique family heirloom highchair and holds my keys at the end of the day. It brings a little smile to my face every morning and every evening.

I can see why you enjoy them.

After a few minutes we made our way into Mitsukoshi where there are no AP or Visa discounts.

Noted.

I do, however, adore VOL and catch them almost every trip, and love the American Adventure show but haven’t seen it in far too long.

We love them and try to catch them every trip now.

This is the bottle topper from Germany AND the 2 egg coddlers I got from the Moroccan Pavilion in previous years holding my salt and crushed red pepper AND the garlic dish I got from Japan.

Very eclectic group.

This cute little bag is my little travel buddy that holds my charging cords and adapters. It’s the perfect size to tuck into my carryon bag and hold everything all together in one place.

I like this too.

I hope you find a place for this. I love the bright colors./

I don't have a real favorite. I like something about almost everyone.

Australia. Different continent.

Yay! This is my favorite part of your reports. I really love seeing what you end up finding in each pavilion, because I feel like you always end up with great stuff. Plus, it gives me a lot of inspiration. I am terrible at looking at merchandise and picturing a use for something (maybe that's why I never buy anything) but I really want to try to put in more of an effort on future trips. Because incorporating little WS touches around the house sounds wonderful. :goodvibes

DD loves the attention when she Cosplays @ cons.

I have seen her costumes and WOW!! They are always so amazing!

Love all the Fall decorations. Hopefully someday I can see them in person.

I hope so too, Vanessa! They are so pretty! I honestly can't say I like the Christmas ones over them.

We found mobile ordering worked really well here.

The only place it was a little chaotic was at Flame Tree. I love mobile ordering!

I don't know about that, but I did enjoy the Peter Pan Float when I finally got one.

Mmm, lime. :D

This does look fun and your group looks fabulous!

Thanks!! And it so much was!

I love good character interaction.

There were some pretty good photos from it too. Such a fun time.

I haven't been to a Halloween party yet so I don't have any. Not sure what I would do but staying cool would be important.

You and your family are so enthusiastic I have no doubt you would come up with something completely awesome!!

I have not tried it yet!!!! BUT, I KNOW I will LOVE it!!!!! LOL! ❤
I've heard really good things about it.
It's right up your and Joe's alley. Lots of small plates, comfy seating, good drinks. I wish it was a little lighter/brighter in there, but you can't have everything. Hmmm, not any darker than The Ditch, but quieter.

Well when you do get around to the Maritimes let me know. I worked for PEI tourism all through university. Plus, if you are down in the summer I am usually at my cottage for a month or so. You would have an open invite to visit! :)

I certainly will. That makes 2 friends there that I'd like to visit. Ever since I was in my 20s and saw Anne (with an 'E') of G.G's it's been a places I REALLY wanted to go!!
My favourite colour too!

:goodvibes
I think it would be amazing!
I truly wonder if they will ever add one. I think they are sinking so much $$ into re-imagining FW, that WS is going to ride as is for quite some time.

Loved you costume and fun photos.

DH and I did diner and a movie for Valentine's Day. We sent Danielle a package to Orlando and cards to DS and Michelle. We also split keeping JP for the weekend w/Michelle's in-laws so she could travel to spend the weekend with her husband.

Thanks!! Lots of fun this last trip. :)

Awww, lots of fun celebrating going on. And I'm sure Danielle appreciated her package. :goodvibes

How nice of you to offer the gift of time to Michelle so she could aslo celebrate with your SIL. :) So nice of you!

I won’t expound on how dismal the merch is in there again but simply post this coaster I picked up. It actually DOES get used by my roommate every night, so sure, useful. Do I love it? No. But it’s not a hockey puck, so there’s that.
The Canadian coaster is really retro. It reminds me of something I would see at a super club in a resort area in the 1950's. It is cute.
By the way, there is a new exhibit in the museum...
We checked out the exhibit and it was very interesting. I never knew about the races they have in Morrocco. marathons, ultra marathons, really long races in the dessert.
The American Pavilion is my least favorite by far. It’s bland, minimalistic, has the WORST merchandise, even worse than Canada, and gross food choices.
There is a lot of bad food at Disney, but Liberty Inn was the worst. We are hoping that the new restaurant is good.
That little bag is adorable. It is much nicer than the Ziplock bag that I use.
La Cava’s line is up the ramp and it’ll take over an hour to get one.
I would really like to try this place on our next trip. But we won't stand in a long line.

I like the Japanese pavilion. The store is full of interesting things and they have a museum there. The exhibits change more frequently than some of the other countries.

Prove it!!!

I have!
Well... that's a pretty good reason.

You can call me anything but late for dinner.

::yes:: Did know that about you.

It's a fun little tradition. Perhaps someday, I'll come up with something new, but for now this one still works.

I also recall that $10 isn't a hard and fast rule.

Correct! And I should have added that. This year, I don't think anything was much over, but 2 were FAR less. I think the Italy masks are closer $15+ with no discounts available.

Wait! You can use a hockey puck as a coaster too!

You're welcome.

Okay, that true.

And horrifically tacky.

::yes:: We done good, there.

I think they are refurbing the rocky area behind the theater (or on the way there?) It'll be fun to see that and the new show.

Thanks for that! I had no idea!

Pretty shot! :)

Thanks! :)

No one does that anymore anyway. Back in the day? ::yes::
Unless of course bad things happen.

Bad things can and do happen. And Gander aced it.

What... no hockey pucks?

Nada.

Actually... yes, I can see that, so... good choice!

I hope they roll out a few more of the characters. No trips planned, but it'd be fun to get them if they do.

Get there early... Tell your mom you're gonna rope drop it and no stopping!

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuun...!

A photo so nice you posted it twice.

Yeah, just in case people were confused before. Which is always possible since the writing isn't so clear or great these days.

I'd have to agree with that...

I often just skip it altogether. Booooring.....

This is the first time I notice that your painting is asymmetrical. :)

Would ya look at that!

Sounds good.

I've never been in there. I was going to once, but the person I was with vetoed it.

Aww, I'm sorry! Maybe next trip!

Have to stop for the trains. HAVE TO.

Always. Fun to see the little hidden gems they add. Last trip I notice one of the passenger cars has the Fab 5 in the windows!!!

What a great idea. ::yes:: I should actually do the same.

I just hate cords all tangled up and have stuff spilling out everywhere just to get one out.

Ah yes... your fave, if I'm not mistaken.

:)

Um... is it those plates?

No, I forgot to post a photo, but did look. It's a pewter ornament of the Stave Church.

No, I forgot to put in a photo. It was another one of my pewter Christmas ornaments. I got the Stave Church. Again. :sad2:

Yeah... that's pretty standard for that place. Too tiny. But appealing.

One of my very favorite memories from a trip with a couple of girlfriends in 2010 was from La Cava. It was quite late and we closed the place down with a couple of yummy margaritas and a lot of laughs and girltalk. No one else in there, a LOT of extra attention from the bartender to gave us a lesson on Tequila and made our drinks tableside. It was amazing!

Easy. Japan. You should know why.

I do!
Hmmmm…. Egypt might be pretty cool. Russia is another choice. Greece, maybe.

I've always thought Russia would be a good one, but doubt that one would ever happen given some of the political climate and circumstances I think that one's a no-go. Greece would be completely fun and upbeat. Too close to Italian culture? I don't know, but a parthenon would be cool! And a Greek restaurant. Mmm!!
She's lying. Don't believe a word of it @Wood Nymph

Canada is first up and is almost always a complete disappointment. We’ve had this discussion before and this year was no different.

I haven't been in that shop in years. And even then I think I've only been in there once. Maybe because it takes an elevator to get there.

I won’t expound on how dismal the merch is in there again but simply post this coaster I picked up.

But it does have Chip and Dale!

This year, I found a Cheshire Cat coaster to match the Alice one I already had.

Cute. We dont have enough free table space to use coasters.

After a few minutes we made our way into Mitsukoshi where there are no AP or Visa discounts.

Another store I haven't been inside for years.

The American Pavilion is my least favorite by far. It’s bland, minimalistic, has the WORST merchandise, even worse than Canada, and gross food choices. We’ll see if the new BBQ place can change that.

I hope so. It's getting good reviews, except for the mac n cheese.

It definitely wasn’t in the plan to visit the Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar, but it was the closest thing I could find to get us into some air conditioning that wasn't a meal so we could re-charge a bit.

Sounds lovely though. I would love to visit there.

This is the bottle topper from Germany AND the 2 egg coddlers I got from the Moroccan Pavilion in previous years holding my salt and crushed red pepper AND the garlic dish I got from Japan.

Do you cook with crushed red pepper that often as to have it out like that with your salt?

all of you smart donkeys out there

I see what you did there! :laughing:

How big is that? I need a much larger bag for my charging set up.

Before getting my little souvenir, we took a stroll through the Stave Church that showcases the Nordic Gods

I've never even been in that one. Lots of places I miss.

We finish our lovely saunter around World Showcase in Mexico. Doesn’t a margarita sound nice? Tough. La Cava’s line is up the ramp and it’ll take over an hour to get one.

Theres the new stand outside with hardly any line!!!!!

That a tough one! Kind of like having to pick a favorite cat! As I read your TR, I'm realizing that we rarely actually go inside any of the pavilions themselves. We seem to visit during festivals where there are kiosks outside the actual pavilion. However the ones where I consistently spend my money are Mexico (margaritas), Germany (caramel), France (Marie merch).

Well I think Australia or New Zealand might be fun. Then again perhaps we should embrace our new heritage start learning more about Russia since they're our new future. Not sure if I should insert a laughing smiley or the sad one here.

:laughing: ::yes:: You were!

I was.... large.
So, you're saying you spotted me on Main St.?

Well.... you did look the part... ahem....

Not the headline you want to see. :sad2:

I wonder if that's ever happened. Doubt it, but...

Mine were well behaved. By my side all night. Not like your misbehaved sheep.

Everyone should have a frolic now and then. ;)

Valentines.... I see imps shooting love arrows. You know?

I can see both sides. To celebrate or not to celebrate is the question. Except now we throw in with who...

Nope!
You can call me anything but late for dinner.
I dunno… I can think of a lot of names...
It's a fun little tradition. Perhaps someday, I'll come up with something new, but for now this one still works.
As long as it's still fun and you can actually find stuff... why not!?
Okay, that true.

And horrifically tacky.
Correct. Unless you're a pro hockey player.

No... Not even then.
I think they are refurbing the rocky area behind the theater (or on the way there?) It'll be fun to see that and the new show.
Oh, I hadn't heard that. About the refurb area. Had heard about the new show. Don't know anything about it, though.
Thanks for that! I had no idea!
Some place I'd like to see some day.
Bad things can and do happen. And Gander aced it.
They definitely did!
Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuun
:laughing:
Yeah, just in case people were confused before. Which is always possible since the writing isn't so clear or great these days.
Nah. The writing's always great. :)
Would ya look at that!
Where???????
Always. Fun to see the little hidden gems they add. Last trip I notice one of the passenger cars has the Fab 5 in the windows!!!
Really! I've never noticed that.
No, I forgot to post a photo, but did look. It's a pewter ornament of the Stave Church.
Ah.
One of my very favorite memories from a trip with a couple of girlfriends in 2010 was from La Cava. It was quite late and we closed the place down with a couple of yummy margaritas and a lot of laughs and girltalk. No one else in there, a LOT of extra attention from the bartender to gave us a lesson on Tequila and made our drinks tableside. It was amazing!
That sounds like a pretty fun evening. :)
Well.... you did look the part... ahem....
:rolleyes1
Everyone should have a frolic now and then. ;)
:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter