ABCs of A Trip Worth Waiting For + PNWMM: P: A Practically Perfect Pacific NW Mouse Meet- pg. 26

Hi
I could only see four eggs.Looks like a good spring day not a cloud in any of your photos.The symbols on the inner circle on the clock face are a bit too obscure for this bear with very little brain at this moment in time to deconstruct well that's my excuse for not having a clue as to what they are supposed to mean.The others are Roman for the numbers for one to twelve but every one kows that.

Last edited:
or perhaps park my flabby fanny on a bench for a while.

:scared1: you made me splutter my coffee over my PC! This has quite a different meaning in the UK. Macbrew is obviously too much of a gentleman to comment. Whereas I've never claimed to be a gentleman and I'll stop there.

Meantime.... how many CAN you find in this chapter??

I only found 4 but I hadn't recovered yet from your flabby fanny comment so there may be more.

Now, be truthful, has anyone else noticed the symbols on this clock? Took me a fair while to figure it out.... but.... well?? You tell me. ;)

I haven't seen the clock but I do believe it's the 12 signs of the zodiac.

Looks like a good spring day not a cloud in any of your photos.

It was perfectly delightful weather! Couldn't have asked for anything better.

The symbols on the inner circle on the clock face are a bit too obscure for this bear with very little brain at this moment in time to deconstruct well that's my excuse for not having a clue as to what they are supposed to mean.

If it's any consolation, it took me a good 10 minutes and 3 CMs to consult with.

The other symbols on the outer face are the Roman numbers from one to twelve but everyone knows that.

Correct!

:scared1: you made me splutter my coffee over my PC! This has quite a different meaning in the UK. Macbrew is obviously too much of a gentleman to comment. Whereas I've never claimed to be a gentleman and I'll stop there.

Ummmm....? Clearly I"ve made a cross-cultural faux pas of epic proportions here and have ZERO idea what it is. EEK!!!!!

Hopefully I haven't offended, but you got a chuckle over since it was an honest mistake?

I only found 4 but I hadn't recovered yet from your flabby fanny comment so there may be more.

Hmmm.... I'll have to go back and look, but you're close.

I haven't seen the clock but I do believe it's the 12 signs of the zodiac.

Ding, ding, ding! Correct!!

Ummmm....? Clearly I"ve made a cross-cultural faux pas of epic proportions here and have ZERO idea what it is. EEK!!!!!

It's one that always makes Brits giggle when they hear it used. John McEnroe famously made a remark when commentating for the BBC at Wimbledon that they should just tell the crowd to get their fannies in their seats.

Hopefully I haven't offended, but you got a chuckle over since it was an honest mistake?

Not offended in the least just made me giggle like a silly school girl. Easily amused I know!

Ding, ding, ding! Correct!!
Party, party, party! :cheer2:

Did have a major chuckle over your flabby fanny remark.I think that Princess Leia is right though that any brits who are following your report would have quiet a chuckle to themselves when they read it.It really has a completely different meaning over here.

Last edited:
Yoohooo... big summer blowout!!

Believe it or not.... I had to Google that.
I totally forgot that part.

But sadly doesn't have anything to do with the material, so I stuck with boring old "Keep Up With Me!" I hope you enjoy it....

With hardcore touring behind me, today was the day to

S

L

O

W

D

O

W

N

:laughing: Keep up! 'Cause I'm slowing down!

While I wouldn’t be riding any attractions on my solo day

That's a bit of a stop for me.
You're in a park.... and you don't go on even one ride!
I think I might feel like I have to at least do one.

Then again... with camera in hand... maybe not?

a day of photography all to my enthusiastic little old self.

Yeah.... there you go.

Old being the operative word.

If you're old, you're saying I'm decrepit and/or ancient.

Me can go pretty darned fast should me want to. Today me didn't.

Me understands.

(Today's not so hard to keep up now, is it..?)

I have no idea, I lost you at that last left turn.

Hmmm, where to begin… How did Maria put this? Let's start at the very beginning; a very good place to start.

Dough, means cash, for all of us
Ray! For musicals like this!
Me, a star, so big that by...
Far. It couldn't really miss!
So insipid is the plot.
La dee dah although we know,
Tedious it is a lot!
It will bring us all much dough, dough, dough, dough...

(As sung by Maria in Mad Magazine, circa 1970.
And yes... I still remember it verbatim without looking it up, if you could even find it.)

Maybe I’m different than the rest of humanity, but I would assert that every adventure in Disney should begin on Main Street.

You may be in the majority, but I know many who like to start it at DTD... or other parks.

I'm going to simply let the lens do the talking. No, not really being a lazy Trip Report Writer, I just don't have a lot to add with my usual inane verbosity.

Hardly inane... but sometimes, a photo is all you need.

I wasn't going commando (today),

Darn!! And you with a camera ready and everything!

didn't lose my camera

Almost unbelievable.

didn't spill coffee down the front of me,

Completely unbelievable.

or get flipped off just because.

Um... what?

Have camera will shoot

::yes::

close your eyes, and imagine that buttery scent of artery-clogging Disney popcorn (go ahead, I'll wait).

mmmmmm..... Disney popcorn.......

You back?

Not even close. Hang on... mmmmmmmmmm...

I said no! Wait!

Geez! This "keeping up" stuff is hard!

I admittedly didn't look too hard... but, four.

I first came across "Tilly". Before you look at the picture, do you know whom (or actually what) I'm referencing?

Nope! But I do now!

At least she appears that way, but I dunno, her hands seem... odd.

c4d0bd1b9ac7ec282f6e3c9dada152c4.jpg

For all of you trivia geeks, I did a little research on Tilly (and the Main Street Theater) and came across this little hidden gem. If you know me at all, I'm a sucker for those hidden gems and get a bit on the giddy side when I find something new.

http://findingmickey.squarespace.com/other-hidden-dl/main-street-usa/7978179

::yes:: I do know you like doing that.

Just down the street, I came across yet another character that graces Walt's walk to the Weenie... (If you don't understand that, please reference this:
http://www.themainstreetmouse.com/2013/05/13/whats-a-weenie/ )

Never heard that before! Interesting!

For a mere $.25, Esmeralda will tell you your fortune; something probably frowned upon by Tilly's Marceline Methodist Mindset crowd of 1910.

:laughing:

I also looked for other "Ladies of Main Street"

Oh, sure. If I was to do that, I'd get arrested and sent to "John" school.

and little girls are chased by witches who order her huntsman to carve out her heart. I still have to wonder about that storyline.

A much less PC time. I wonder if that would've been able to be released now?
With the same rating...

At least there is a Happy Place where everyone seems to get along.

Typo! "Unhappy place".

You're welcome.

If anyone can give me a tutorial on how to get video off of my iPhone and onto the DIS, I will buy you lunch should we ever meet up. No, really. I will.

Sorry. Never tried.

Now, be truthful, has anyone else noticed the symbols on this clock? Took me a fair while to figure it out.... but.... well?? You tell me. ;)

Never noticed.... never seen the clock... or at least really looked. Sheesh! I've only been once!

But I recognized what it was. Even saw my sign.

Meanwhile, Keep Up With Me. ;) Trust me, it's not too terribly difficult these days. At least on the DIS.

Dang it! Where'd you go??? Lost you again.

Last edited:

And the latest news that I JUST found out a few minutes ago, is that he's now cleared to do a little driving. And that they may pick up their new car tonight.

Wow! That's great news! Both!

No, by now I'm all done.

BUT!

That last one did upset my tummy a little. Glad I was home for those few hours.

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you're glad it's done.

Too many and it's become frustrating and hard.

:hug:

We'll see... I'm in zero hurry to finish. Time + money.... you know the results of that equation.

Did have a major chuckle over your flabby fanny remark.I think that Princess Leia is right though that any brits who are following your report would have quiet a chuckle to themselves when they read it.It really has a completely different meaning over here.

:lmao:
I know! I had no idea either until I saw a discussion on "fanny packs" not long ago...

Shall someone send you a private message to explain, as I am thinking it might not be family friendly to just blurt it out? ROFL!

5 I think I wasn't sure about 1 that I thought was an egg. I didn't know if they would make it that hard or not.

Last edited:
Hello! Just wanted to chime in here and say that I've been lurking on this trip report for a while. I love how descriptive and amusing your writing is and the report has definitely made me nostalgic for my childhood days at Disneyland.

Hello! Just wanted to chime in here and say that I've been lurking on this trip report for a while. I love how descriptive and amusing your writing is and the report has definitely made me nostalgic for my childhood days at Disneyland.
Awww, thanks so much! And welcome!! Just walking in the door from a night shift, but will respond more later after sleeeeeeeeee....zzzzz....

Some of you Old Timers may remember this little guy. I LOVE that they put Orange Bird in here as a delightful hat tip to past sponsors. Nicely done, Designers!
I love Orange Bird! My grandma went to WDW in 75 or 76 and brought me back an orange bird necklace. I'm not sure if it's still over at my moms or if it's gone. But I've always liked the little guy.

It's one that always makes Brits giggle when they hear it used. John McEnroe famously made a remark when commentating for the BBC at Wimbledon that they should just tell the crowd to get their fannies in their seats.

Oh my!

So, I took the liberty of looking this up to see what I could find.

Umm.... I make myself giggle. A truly hilarious, yet completely innocent mistake. I'm glad it was among a few DISsers and not on national TV!! :lmao:

Not offended in the least just made me giggle like a silly school girl. Easily amused I know!

Good!! Keep on laughing! And easily amused!? Clearly! You read my TRs. :laughing:

Party, party, party! :cheer2:

Feel free to party any time you like here! I host one mean party after another around here.

So I learned! LOLOLOLOL! OH my! Forgive my ignorance, and well, keep on laughing. I aim to entertain at every turn!

Believe it or not.... I had to Google that.
I totally forgot that part.

I think the supporting roles were far more entertaining than the leads in this movie. So many quotable lines!

:laughing: Keep up! 'Cause I'm slowing down!

I've got you thinking, don't I?

That's a bit of a stop for me.
You're in a park.... and you don't go on even one ride!
I think I might feel like I have to at least do one.

Then again... with camera in hand... maybe not?
I may have ridden one. But only exactly one, and I do not remember which one. I don't have a photo of it anyway, and the memory ain't 20 years old anymore. This 50 stuff... I dunno...

If you're old, you're saying I'm decrepit and/or ancient.

No. I'm saying I'm older and you're about as old, give or take a year or so. And we can still ride California Screamin' like a boss.

Me understands.

Good. I'm glad someone is keeping up around here!

I have no idea, I lost you at that last left turn.

Glad you are going the right way. I sometimes... don't. :laughing:

Dough, means cash, for all of us
Ray! For musicals like this!
Me, a star, so big that by...
Far. It couldn't really miss!
So insipid is the plot.
La dee dah although we know,
Tedious it is a lot!
It will bring us all much dough, dough, dough, dough...

(As sung by Maria in Mad Magazine, circa 1970.
And yes... I still remember it verbatim without looking it up, if you could even find it.)

That took some fair amount of talent to remember. And even more effort to type up. You should write my next chapter since you have so much free time on your hands. :rotfl2:

You may be in the majority, but I know many who like to start it at DTD... or other parks.

Okay, okay. You called me out. Yes, I do start almost every trip there. In fact, I can only remember one that I didn't. But that also was a very nice trip.

Hardly inane... but sometimes, a photo is all you need.

This is true, especially when the narrative only detracts. ;)

Darn!! And you with a camera ready and everything!

I know! Such a missed opportunity (to go to jail).

Completely unbelievable.

It almost takes me MORE talent to NOT spooge on myself.

I said no! Wait!

Geez! This "keeping up" stuff is hard!

If you can't stand the heat....

I admittedly didn't look too hard... but, four.

Hmmm, think you're one shy? Lemme go back and check.

:lmao::lmao:

::yes:: I do know you like doing that.

Nerd... just one more of my growing list of middle names.

Never heard that before! Interesting!

:cool2:

Oh, sure. If I was to do that, I'd get arrested and sent to "John" school.

They'd stiff you anyway. I hear they are pretty impersonal with relationships.

A much less PC time. I wonder if that would've been able to be released now?
With the same rating...

Good point. I wonder.

Typo! "Unhappy place".

You're welcome.

Awww, but a smile means friendship to everyone!

Never noticed.... never seen the clock... or at least really looked. Sheesh! I've only been once!

But I recognized what it was. Even saw my sign.

Good work!! You probably figured it out much faster than I did!

:teacher:

Dang it! Where'd you go??? Lost you again.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo freaking busy. I feel lost here, even on my own thread. But, progress in other areas. Just trying to juggle life right now. :)

I wish I could help you with the video and get that free lunch lol...but I think I'd be buying because I can't even figure out how to post regular photos lol

But I do love your pics. I don't know if it's the angles but you managed to make DL look virtually empty!!

I'm totally behind on commenting, but figure I should report back on our Anaheim trip for Pokemon Worlds! Thanks to @franandaj for helping with the hotel situation. We did stay at the Super 8, and it was fine - recently renovated rooms, clean, etc. They were even able to store our luggage Sunday morning after check-out behind the front desk, with tags to ensure someone else didn't claim our bags. This was good, since there were signs at the event saying they didn't want any luggage there, and the security team was pretty strict in everything else - and I was just as happy not to have to deal with the bags there. I was also glad I had obsessively looked at all the routes on Google maps and street view, so navigating was totally easy-peasy. It was just far enough that I didn't run back for my hoodie when I was freezing on Saturday, but still an easy walk in general.

As for the tournament, it was a mixed bag. My dd did the best of her local group of friends, but just missed getting any prizing. In her last round on Day 2, which was the do or die round for getting into top cut, she had to play a kid we know and like from Wisconsin. That was agonizing, especially since I had been hanging out all day with his mom! It was a really close match, but he ended up winning. My dd took it better than I expected, so I was proud of her. The kid (and one of his best friends) went on to finish 3rd and 4th, so that was pretty exciting.

We got to hang out with some friends that she doesn't get to see very often, but sadly, not much with our more local friends, and didn't end up doing any big group dinners, which was kinda sad. Our best meals were from the fancy food trucks outside the convention center, actually! (Our eating habits end up being pretty wonky during tournament weekends).

There were also a ton of people who came down just to play Pokemon Go, since they had announced that they would have Kangaskhan in the area just for the weekend. I finally spotted and caught one on Sunday, on our way back to the hotel for the last time!

It *was* weird being that close to DL without going, but we really didn't have time to do it justice. Plus, dd said she would much rather go with her friends than me, since I don't like big rollercoasters, lol. At 13, she was definitely flexing her independence, and not wanting to hang out with mom. (That was also a theme all weekend - I'm so used to her being Mommy's girl, and I'm having a bit of an adjustment now that she mostly doesn't want anything to do with me!)

I've got you thinking, don't I?

Maybe a little.....

I may have ridden one. But only exactly one, and I do not remember which one. I don't have a photo of it anyway, and the memory ain't 20 years old anymore. This 50 stuff... I dunno...

I hear ya... now... what were we talking about again?

No. I'm saying I'm older and you're about as old, give or take a year or so. And we can still ride California Screamin' like a boss.

But I'm older than you are.

Glad you are going the right way. I sometimes... don't. :laughing:

:laughing:

That took some fair amount of talent to remember. And even more effort to type up. You should write my next chapter since you have so much free time on your hands. :rotfl2:

I don't know why that stuck in my head.

And.... :sad2:

"So much time..."

This is true, especially when the narrative only detracts. ;)

But not in this case.

I know! Such a missed opportunity (to go to jail).

It'd be a new experience, though.

If you can't stand the heat....

...Move to Winnipeg.

Hmmm, think you're one shy? Lemme go back and check.

Others have said 5. I believe 'em.

They'd stiff you anyway. I hear they are pretty impersonal with relationships.

I hope to never find out.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo freaking busy. I feel lost here, even on my own thread. But, progress in other areas. Just trying to juggle life right now. :)

:hug:

Shall someone send you a private message to explain, as I am thinking it might not be family friendly to just blurt it out? ROFL!

Google to the rescue! I looked it up and am still cracking up! Oy leave it to me to make a faux pas that hilarious.

5 I think I wasn't sure about 1 that I thought was an egg. I didn't know if they would make it that hard or not.

I went back and looked... only 4 I think for this update. More in the next one. If I ever find the time to get it written!

Now it's time for that official

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

So glad you could join in and enjoy the fun!

I am not updating nearly as fast and furiously as I normally do on my TRs, but slowly but surely, I'll get there! ;)

Thanks for the complements! I try to make it as fun and engaging as possible.

I love Orange Bird! My grandma went to WDW in 75 or 76 and brought me back an orange bird necklace. I'm not sure if it's still over at my moms or if it's gone. But I've always liked the little guy.

That's definitely something you should look for! Might actually be worth some money!

I saw 4 eggs in your pics. Which is two more than I found at epcot last spring.

I believe you are right! Good hunting! I didn't know EPCOT did one! This was all so new to me!

I wish I could help you with the video and get that free lunch lol...but I think I'd be buying because I can't even figure out how to post regular photos lol

But I do love your pics. I don't know if it's the angles but you managed to make DL look virtually empty!!

LOL!! It's complicated. (Actually, it's probably rather easy, but I'm too lazy to try really hard to learn.)

I intentionally shoot that way at Disney. To me the crowds detract unless I'm trying to show them on purpose. So I shoot up or mask them with other stuff. One of these days I'd love to get an empty park (ie an ADR at Crystal Palace or a Train Tour) to shoot Main Street.

I'm totally behind on commenting, but figure I should report back on our Anaheim trip for Pokemon Worlds! Thanks to @franandaj for helping with the hotel situation. We did stay at the Super 8, and it was fine - recently renovated rooms, clean, etc. They were even able to store our luggage Sunday morning after check-out behind the front desk, with tags to ensure someone else didn't claim our bags. This was good, since there were signs at the event saying they didn't want any luggage there, and the security team was pretty strict in everything else - and I was just as happy not to have to deal with the bags there. I was also glad I had obsessively looked at all the routes on Google maps and street view, so navigating was totally easy-peasy. It was just far enough that I didn't run back for my hoodie when I was freezing on Saturday, but still an easy walk in general.

Yay!! A fellow DISser to the rescue!! I love when we can help each other out. ANd yes, the Anabella WAS (still sick over them tearing it down!) was also juuuust far enough away that you couldn't just zip back.

LOL! I wished I'd looked at Google Maps before my first walk there late that night of arrival.

As for the tournament, it was a mixed bag. My dd did the best of her local group of friends, but just missed getting any prizing. In her last round on Day 2, which was the do or die round for getting into top cut, she had to play a kid we know and like from Wisconsin. That was agonizing, especially since I had been hanging out all day with his mom! It was a really close match, but he ended up winning. My dd took it better than I expected, so I was proud of her. The kid (and one of his best friends) went on to finish 3rd and 4th, so that was pretty exciting.

I'm glad she went and experienced it anyway! What a great thing for her to become good at and keep sharpening her skills. And I'm also (even more) glad that she lost with grace and poise. Good job!

We got to hang out with some friends that she doesn't get to see very often, but sadly, not much with our more local friends, and didn't end up doing any big group dinners, which was kinda sad. Our best meals were from the fancy food trucks outside the convention center, actually! (Our eating habits end up being pretty wonky during tournament weekends).

Food trucks are great! We have some local ones that have some really tasty food!

It *was* weird being that close to DL without going, but we really didn't have time to do it justice. Plus, dd said she would much rather go with her friends than me, since I don't like big rollercoasters, lol. At 13, she was definitely flexing her independence, and not wanting to hang out with mom. (That was also a theme all weekend - I'm so used to her being Mommy's girl, and I'm having a bit of an adjustment now that she mostly doesn't want anything to do with me!)
Oh I get this tude. I reallly do! My kids all went through it and they don't emerge until 21 or older. My oldest daughter actually wants to travel with me again, and my 22 year old hung out with me most of the day yesterday. it's extra nice when they "come back".

I hear ya... now... what were we talking about again?

I have NO idea. I'm almost as old as you!

But I'm older than you are.

Only barely, Friend!

It'd be a new experience, though.

Well, yeah. (Ummm, what were we talking about? ;) )

...Move to Winnipeg.

Hmmm......

NO!

Others have said 5. I believe 'em.

I think no? I looked back and could only see 4. But will again. Soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter