The adventures of Tiggerdad (A collection of camping locations, mishaps, reviews, alterations, food, and whatever else I can find)

I'm not posting sideways pics, the Dis is doing that when I upload them. I have no idea why.

Last edited:
Tacky Jack's was great. It's on the intercoastal waterway.
Mild temps so we sat outside. DW had shrimp pasta
20190822_141947.jpg

I had royal red
20190822_142005.jpg

A passing ship as we waited
20190822_140055.jpg

Back at GSP we rode through. Right now the summer crowd has gone home and the snow birds haven't arrived yet.
20190822_152700.jpg

For most part, the only sites with campers are on the lake.

most importantly are the yellow flies gone?

So far nothing. From what I am told they are usually cleared out by July. So this is looking like a good time of year for her.

I am with Garneska on this one . As I recall your wife has that Cheap Skin that summons the Yellow Flies like someone ringing the dinner bell.

Mike, she is far from cheap.
Evidence from yesterday:
20190822_182141.jpg

Halfway around. Thank goodness kids are home. Having to use their bunks to hold all the bags.

For those of you who are cat lovers, I found this.
20190822_162621.jpg

I have found on my phone, if I take the picture with phone vertical the the Dis turns it sideways every time. I'll try to keep that from happening to help you folks with neck problems.

Last night we decided to check out The Yard. This time of year is great. No line at register. We got it in less than 10 minutes. We went with chocolate chip cookie dough. Quart size instead of pint so we could split it.
20190822_191032.jpg

Rich! Holy cow it was rich!

Pint size is $12 and quart was $15.

I got my souvenir jar now.

15665756208595527271443004940630.jpg

I was going to try some sunrise pics this morning. However I was rolled out of bed at daylight to a fast approaching yet small thunderstorm and since then it's been cloudy.

Were debating finding a new restaurant, some place we've never eaten. Decisions, decisions...

So far nothing. From what I am told they are usually cleared out by July. So this is looking like a good time of year for her.

Mike, she is far from cheap.
Evidence from yesterday:
View attachment 428518

Halfway around. Thank goodness kids are home. Having to use their bunks to hold all the bags.

For those of you who are cat lovers, I found this.
View attachment 428519

I have found on my phone, if I take the picture with phone vertical the the Dis turns it sideways every time. I'll try to keep that from happening to help you folks with neck problems.

Last night we decided to check out The Yard. This time of year is great. No line at register. We got it in less than 10 minutes. We went with chocolate chip cookie dough. Quart size instead of pint so we could split it.
View attachment 428520

Rich! Holy cow it was rich!

Pint size is $12 and quart was $15.

I got my souvenir jar now.

View attachment 428524

Were debating finding a new restaurant, some place we've never eaten. Decisions, decisions...

I think I gained a pound just LOOKING at that ice cream float! :scared:

Yes, flies are nowhere to be found so far.

For lunch we were going to Flip Flops Deli, however, parking is limited and I quickly realized I was not going to fit very well. Thus, I decided to head to King Neptunes instead.
Screenshot_20190823-121300_Maps.jpg

I had the shrimp and sausage skewers.
20190823_122951.jpg

Comes with fries and coleslaw. It's a small place, but food is very good and service has always been good in our experience.

After that we stopped by Gulf Shores Seafood, practically the next building heading south. This place has, per Trip Adviser, the top spot in dining in Gulf Shores. The food is takeout however. I go here for the dip.
1566584116058107290381476000823.jpg

This stuff is great on crackers. We'll make a lunch or evening meal out of one of these easily.

Mike I never meant to imply your Lovely and Sainted wife was or is by any sense of the word cheap. Only based on your past descriptions of the yellow flies feast on her it sounds she is like me and has that Cheap Irish Sgskin. Ten minutes in the sun and I resemble a lobster and like your bride my exposed skin is a dinner bell for the bu

Mike I never meant to imply your Lovely and Sainted wife was or is by any sense of the word cheap. Only based on your past descriptions of the yellow flies feast on her it sounds she is like me and has that Cheap Irish Sgskin. Ten minutes in the sun and I resemble a lobster and like your bride my exposed skin is a dinner bell for the bu

Oh, okay.

I thought you were referring to the bank kinda cheap.

No, she is doing well. If there are any yellow flies they'll have to wait. She is napping up a storm.

Shopping has tired her out.

As I assume you are after pack mule duty to carry back to the car all the bargains she found
One thing has me troubled. Grandma and Grandpa are watching the girls, and Stacey has you under close supervision Who is taking care of Pepper???

This evening we gave Pappa Rocco's a try. We opted to skip the pizza and instead went for the wings (very good)
20190823_181049.jpg

Then the lasagna. Good, but not great.
20190823_181616.jpg

To walk off the dinner we rode the bikes down to the beach.
20190823_190815.jpg

20190823_190852.jpg

20190823_191047.jpg

20190823_191415.jpg

20190823_193002.jpg

20190823_192416.jpg

While this evening's sports competition was at Pirate's Island, found something we might could use at the Fort.
20190823_170701.jpg

20190823_174034.jpg

Happy belated anniversary. Your pics are looking great, especially the one from the Yard.

Today was a take it easy day. We napped and were lazy.

However, for dinner @SouthAlabama5er DW and Patrick rode over. We had dinner at Gulf Island Grill.
20190824_190421.jpg

20190824_190411.jpg

20190824_190404.jpg

20190824_190438.jpg

20190824_190431.jpg

Food was great as always. A little confusing for poor waitress as she thought Randy's DW and my DW were with me since we're sitting on same side...
giphy-3.gif

All was good. We talked local politics, proposed new bridge in Mobile, this past May's Dismeet, then all of a sudden Randy's DW is looking right at Randy and yells "Roach!". Now, I'm thinking I missed something. Perhaps he insulted her and she was returning favor kinda thing. Then I look, and sure enough behind his head is this poor, starving multi-legged adorable creature with the most pitiful look on its face obviously hungry and hoping for charity.

There was none to be found I'm sad to say. That side of the booth cleared out quick.

Outside we decided to regroup for ice cream at Scoops and that we did. However, there we found more of the local wildlife, again hungry and hopeful, only this time it was a family of the 8 legged persuasion. So small you could barely see them, but they may as well been tarantulas.

My DW was doing fine with this, but then I caught Randy's eyes looking to the right of my DWs and when I looked there was about a 4" long, very pretty white lizard, again, hopeful look on its face. He was on the brick wall, about a foot away. Everything was good until DW saw it.

I was able to relocate my right shoulder Mel Gibson style later on. I have no idea how she managed to blast me out of the way but she old school ran me over.
downloadfile-1.gif

I would of gotten pic of the poor creature but it left as fast as my DW.

So by this time it was just Randy and I left at the table.

So, aside from the local wildlife it w as a a good evening.

Randy, hope you and group arrive home safe.

P.S.
Today as we ventured out I did notice apparently somebody missed a red light last night. For those of you familiar with GSP, you turn right coming out of the park on the highway to go to Gulf Shores. You can access one of the beaches at this same intersection. The light pole with the crossing button on it apparently took a hit last night.

A BIG one.
20190824_214625.jpg

On the right, on the ground is the security light that used to hang from the pole. About 20' the other side of the pole was a headlight. The grass, as you can see past pole was sprayed with antifreeze and oil. I certainly hope nobody was hurt.
The walk/do not walk signs are obviously in need of minor repair.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!