The adventures of Tiggerdad (A collection of camping locations, mishaps, reviews, alterations, food, and whatever else I can find)

From the food pictures you have posted, I get the feeling you're gonna be walking those calories off for awhile. :rotfl:

Tonight it was LuLu's.
We had dinner with parents we know from both of our DDs school. It was a 2 hour wait, luckily they have an app where you can reserve well in advance.
The appetizers were the shrimp nachos
20191007_190824.jpg

And crab claws
20191007_190829.jpg

I had the combo of two, with grilled shrimp (absolutely no flavor at all) :worried: and fried fish (very tasty) :thumbsup2
20191007_192110.jpg

The place sits right on the Intercoastsl Waterway, so you catch some vessels going by as you eat
20191007_191454.jpg

Dinner topics varied, but one came up that might be serious problem. The school board has been changing dates a lot with the DDs academic calendar the last few years. For instance, this past Memorial Day they actually had kids in school the week after Memorial Day, a first ever. Apparently next year they are changing it back, which is why this trip is actually a week earlier than when we normally come down. Usually they are out Columbus Day Monday and Tuesday, but this year it was the week before. Well...it sounds like they are going to keep it that way for next year. If so, that means we're gonna miss Dismeet at FW next year because it'll be the week before.

Not for certain yet, but that was what the other parents said they had heard.

We'll see.

If so, that means we're gonna miss Dismeet at FW next year because it'll be the week before.
I hope that's not the case. Give us the name of the school board, we'll all sign a petition. :chat:
You can't have the kids out of school for Columbus day when it's not Columbus day. it's inconceivable. :scared1:
Torches and pitchforks are not out of the question.
Do they have any idea who they're dealing with? :confused3
Besides, you're kids are well ahead of the pack, I'm sure they can make it up later. :thumbsup2

You know michael, some of us are there for two weeks coming the week before Columbus Day. You can still come and have a mini dis meet.

Well, the idea as it stands now is that the KIDS won't make the Dismeet in October 2020...
e8125710.GIF

So, from talking to some more folks in the know, it sounds like the fall break will likely remain the week before Columbus Day. IF this is the case, then it will likely just be Stacey and myself attending the Dismeet week.

Now, about the kids...

I got this idea...
that 70's show idea 2.gif

The way we see it, the oldest DD got to have a BD at WDW, but the youngest never has. Wellll, it just so happens there is another neurology conference going on at the Grand Floridian the weekend of June 6th, which just happens to be the youngest DDs BD. So, tonight we booked 8 days during that week since I can get education money for that one too to help with expenses on fuel and 3 nights at the Fort and the girls still get a trip to WDW.
Wile E.gif

Last edited:

An early present was a sizable gift certificate to Bass Pro. I promptly spent it on new chairs for camper so I could dispose of my mix match chairs of various colors and sizes.
20191215_152710.jpg

2 rocking chairs and two standard chairs with raisable arm rests.

I did of course leave my University of Alabama foldable chair and table in camper. For dignitaries and VIPs when visiting.

An early present was a sizable gift certificate to Bass Pro. I promptly spent it on new chairs for camper so I could dispose of my mix match chairs of various colors and sizes.
View attachment 458936

2 rocking chairs and two standard chairs with raisable arm rests.

I did of course leave my University of Alabama foldable chair and table in camper. For dignitaries and VIPs when visiting.

Soooooo I take it the rockers are for the two OLD folks in your family? (heh heh heh).... :rolleyes:

[At least that's what Teamubr sez ::yes::].

Bama Ed

PS - Nice chairs. Aren't gift certificates great?

Last edited:
Soooooo I take it the rockers are for the two OLD folks in your family? (heh heh heh).... :rolleyes:

[At least that's what Teamubr sez ::yes::].

Bama Ed

PS - Nice chairs. Aren't gift certificates great?

Kids wanted rockers too, but yes, they are typically utilized more by us "older" folks.

Gift certificates are best thing ever. No guessing or hoping they like what you got them. If they don't like it, it ain't your fault.

View attachment 459066

That's false advertising. You can't put Southern Comfort on something in big letters and then slip in the "Non-Alcoholic" in little bitty letters.

j

Agreed, however, the missing ingredients are easily obtained from the freezer if needed.

LOL, it is some good stuff.

It really is, I prefer it over the Borden's. However, you really gotta not look at the calories per 1/2 cup. o_O

My wife and kids found me the National Lampoons Christmas Vacation glass last year.

We have 2 in the camper! Greatest thing ever, lol, Only thing you have to watch is if you're camped and a little slope outside the front door, when you rock you go forward to far and roll down the slope. :rotfl2:

Nephew was at our place for Thanksgiving meal. Walked in and asked, "When did you put to Old people steps on your Camper?" I installed the fold down steps this spring smart ***!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!